[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest tilal6991

Well that's it for me today.

I'll be back tommorow to see how the rest of you get on. If it doesn't work for any of you then I'll release a ROM from scratch with the kernel integrated so there won't be any of these issues.

Good luck :)

Guest tilal6991

very, very smooth, and very, very fast, just checked the pre mentioned f/c app and all's well here.

fingers still crossed :P

:D

Looking promising... just hoping...

very, very smooth, and very, very fast, just checked the pre mentioned f/c app and all's well here.

fingers still crossed :P

:D

It booted for you ?

edit: just tried again and everything force closing still :blink:

Edited by Guest

Guest plegdroid

I am going to try again.....

the way l did it was, didn't wipe anything, reflashed the rom ott, flashed the kernel , pulled the battery, put it back and turned on via the power button, rather than from out of cwm... if it helps :)

Edited by plegdroid

the way l did it was, didn't wipe anything, reflashed the rom ott, flashed the kernel , pulled the battery, put it back and turned on via the power button, rather than from out of cwm... if it helps :)

So you have the rom up and running first then go to recovery to flash kernel ?

Can you explain every step for me because I am not following the exact way you did this :)

Tilal I really think you are on to something here :D The moments I can see the rom between app force closes....well its like this rom is on steroids man

Edited by Guest

Well...I need a few manually reboots due to fc...but no freeze and no reboot...still trying it

Congratulation tilal,you did it again

Edited by gacama

Guest plegdroid

So you have the rom up and running first then go to recovery to flash kernel ?

Can you explain every step for me because I am not following the exact way you did this

I basically reflashed the same rom over the top of the rom l had on, then without leaving cwm flashed the new kernel, this is all without wiping anything at all. pulled the battery out, back in again, turned on the phone with the power button and let it boot. it doesn't seem to like booting out of cwm with this rom, I just never get past the splash screen, so just pulled the battery and turned with the power button :)

current status=

this rom is currently being abused and maltreated like a bad dog, and it's coming back for more wagging it's tail....

Edited by plegdroid

please someone say I am not dreaming...no reboots for me not even a freeze ?

Thanks plegdroid,that did it for me too.

I am throwing the book at it and it just won't freeze and reboot.

All hail tilal!!!

Edited by Guest

Guest plegdroid

@tilal, I have noticed you've removed the over clockability and some of the newer governors from the test kernel, was this part of the issue causing the lockups? :)

Guest plegdroid

please someone say I am not dreaming...no reboots for me not even a freeze ?

Thanks plegdroid,that did it for me too.

I am throwing the book at it and it just won't freeze and reboot.

All hail tilal!!!

└(^o^)┘└(^o^)┘└(^o^)┘└(^o^)┘└(^o^)┘

└(^o^)┘└(^o^)┘└(^o^)┘└(^o^)┘└(^o^)┘

Man I am so happy,tilal has worked so hard and this is the break he deserves.

At least an hour of hard use now and no freeze nothing,its staying on for further abuse.

Guest PedroVader

Hoping against hope this would work....and apart from a couple of freeze and reboot whilst installing apps from the SD......yeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!

What....a.....Legend!!!!

Thank you so much Lalit, this has cheered me up no end after a not so great couple of days I've had;) I'm thinking I might replace my SD card, its had a fair bit of use in different devices, might be past its best.

Edited by PedroVader

Guest tilal6991

Excellent!! I hoped that would work and it did.

Bit more info about what was in the magic zip file:

It was a completely stock kernel with absolutely no modificatiins. Which suggests that one of the commits since then has caused this. And I'm pretty sure I know which one.

Guest plegdroid

Excellent!! I hoped that would work and it did.

Bit more info about what was in the magic zip file:

It was a completely stock kernel with absolutely no modificatiins. Which suggests that one of the commits since then has caused this. And I'm pretty sure I know which one.

runs very well and explains the lack of o/c, it's very usable, when we get tweaks back, the joy's :D

thank you Tilal, result! gonna fling it about for a little while, then sleep, catch up with everyone later. :)

ar53! I've not tried Miui yet...................

Edited by plegdroid

Plegdroid friend, how are you all right? I list your comment about installing the ROM without clearing anything ... in my case I'm using the Ice Armor and want for this ROM. So from what I read I do without the flash wipes, then without leaving the cwm flash the kernel and then at the end I removed the battery and connect the power button for skateboarding .... Is that right? thank you very much and is at peace ... =]

Guest plegdroid

Plegdroid friend, how are you all right? I list your comment about installing the ROM without clearing anything ... in my case I'm using the Ice Armor and want for this ROM. So from what I read I do without the flash wipes, then without leaving the cwm flash the kernel and then at the end I removed the battery and connect the power button for skateboarding .... Is that right? thank you very much and is at peace ... =]

hi mate, no I was already on this rom cm9, you'll have to follow the instructions @ the op first, then like I did for the kernel after. :)