[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest syst3m68

oops!blink.gif

:P atleast you followed me on Twitter.

Anyway, about the ROM. THIS **** IS SMOOOOOTH.

No reboots for a whole day of usage, battery died within about 6 hours, but i'm sure theres a fix for that which i haven't flashed on here somewhere, need to flash audio fix too, i'm so forgetful. D:

Guest JThumar

Latest build ? I am trying it for battery.......huh.gif

No reboots for a whole day of usage, battery died within about 6 hours, but i'm sure theres a fix for that which i haven't flashed on here somewhere, need to flash audio fix too, i'm so forgetful. D:

Guest PedroVader

Back on track!!

I've had about the same, Jikobutsu is packing a Duracell, so somethings amiss.

I've had a heavy day on mine, over an hour of music wiped 25% of my battery life, another hour of showing it off to anyone who feigned interest, that was another 25%.

Lalits rolled another update since Frankish's audio fix mate, better check which one your ontongue.gif

Hey guys!

Great rom! Outstanding.

I tested this rom the whole day.

1) no reboots.

2) The following apps worked:

google mail, google calender, google music, market, youtube(but slow),

pocket liga, android mag, tagesschau, mein o2, pkt auctions, reckless racing, fruit ninja, angry birds,

robo defense free.

videos with mx video player worked great.

link2sd: works with fat32, i think.

3) The following apps didnt work:

gallery (sometimes worked, sometimes not), speedtest (sometimes worked, sometimes not),

asphalt 5, worms, nfs shift, sports tracker pro (GPS based running app).

browser is slow, but opera mini as fast as in atomic.

I know, this rom is not for gaming, but maybe it´s interesting for people to know what apps work well.

So it worked much better than i expected.

The main issues are: camera, gps, maybe browser performace with the standard browser, for me: asphalt 5. i dont play much, but this game i like :)

So, if these issues are fixed, i am going to make a donation to you, tillal ! :-) Keep on going!

Greets!

Guest JThumar

Guys how to remove the google bar widget on main screen ? I removed it in last release but cant find from where........blink.gif

Edited by JThumar

Guest syst3m68

Guys how to remove the google bar widget on main screen ? I removed it in last release but cant find from where........blink.gif

in settings somewhere there is a persisent search bar toggle, go hunting! :D

and oh dear. it seems i do need the new release xD

Guest PedroVader

Not not at all. My zips just enable and resize the buttons because they are already present but hidden in ics. They don't exist in cm7 framework at all.

I've noticed a quirk with the soft keys, in general use (homescreens etc) everything sits above them quite nicely, but when the time comes to use the keyboard, they chop the bottom off ever so slightly, not a big issue, but my sausage-like fingers keep kicking me out of it when I hit the bottom row.

Other than that...I'm rocking along with my Frankenstein Nexus/GSII/Desire HD lookalikelaugh.gif

Guest PedroVader

System Settings->Launcher->Homescreen---untick persistent Search bar ;)

Guest Frankish

I've noticed a quirk with the soft keys, in general use (homescreens etc) everything sits above them quite nicely, but when the time comes to use the keyboard, they chop the bottom off ever so slightly, not a big issue, but my sausage-like fingers keep kicking me out of it when I hit the bottom row.

Other than that...I'm rocking along with my Frankenstein Nexus/GSII/Desire HD lookalike

That's the reason they are resized. I could make them smaller so they overlap less but they seem small enough to me already!

Guest PedroVader

That's the reason they are resized. I could make them smaller so they overlap less but they seem small enough to me already!

Thats what I thought, strange how the homescreen pop-up settings menu isn't affected though.

Is there a way to enable a search button on there, or does it need to be part of the ROM?

Guest Frankish

Thats what I thought, strange how the homescreen pop-up settings menu isn't affected though.

Is there a way to enable a search button on there, or does it need to be part of the ROM?

Yeah I don't get why? I'm sure I can add a search key but not got the time to do it until Thursday. Big couple of days at work.

Guest PedroVader

Yeah I don't get why? I'm sure I can add a search key but not got the time to do it until Thursday. Big couple of days at work.

Curious innit?

No pressure mate, they're great as they are, but I noticed that Paul had done it before, a while back on Twitter he posted the pics, but I cant find em now!mad.gif

smile.gif

Guest syst3m68

Finally installed new build haha :P

Will put it through its paces, is the battery any better on this ROM? just need to know as i need it throughout college and need to know if i should take a USB charger with me (as useless as a USB charger is, 4% in one hour?!)

Shame to see that Live Wallpapers isn't here yet, i love phase beam. got it on my SGS it takes advantage of a HDPI screen so much. :D

OH. have you guys read the news article about the Orange Santa Clara? If the price is the same as the Skate. thats one happy Matt. :D

It's great to see how much this ROM has come along since my first install in January. Amazing! :D

Guest PedroVader

I always keep one in my bag just in case, and have a USB charger in the car too, you never know ;)

Will check out the Santa Clara, just finished with Walking Dead, on the Skate, over wireless, no lag...just ace:)

Guest zigouinou

Great rom, it's impressive.

I've installed the last build, but, the difference of the battery's life with the original rom is too big. The fluidity isn't yet as good as the original rom too.

But, thanks for this portage !

Guest plegdroid

finally got the new build on, thank you Tilal, very fast and stable, battery life, coming from having a racer I still feel spoiled :D battery bump and recalibration won't hurt ,the rom is staying on! :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest satanovsyn

Hi all,

after installation of this new update I have this problem:

Wifi after connecting to my net write: Searching for IP.

For few seconds is there written: IP found and saved

And 2s after: Searching for IP and stay it like this

I am using DHCP on my Wifi.

Guest plegdroid

Hi all,

after installation of this new update I have this problem:

Wifi after connecting to my net write: Searching for IP.

For few seconds is there written: IP found and saved

And 2s after: Searching for IP and stay it like this

I am using DHCP on my Wifi.

try rebooting the phone, worked for me, worth a go :)

Guest Vanillamarine

Very sexy build so far.

However, what is it with deep sleep mode? Is it actually working?

Everytime when my phone is supposed to sleep I can wake it up immediatly by pushing one of those 3 buttons (back, home, menu). Doesn't this mean that it is NOT in deep sleep? Normally when the phone is in deep sleep mode I can only wake it via the power button.

Also, where is the smartass governor? I currently have to use ONDEMAND because all other modes kinda suck balls.

Still, amazing build nonetheless.