[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest dt_matthews

Ok here you go then guys, softkeys update zip and one to remove them too. Only tested on 25th Feb release do not try on another release and moan at me when you get bootloops! Bear in mind i purposely disabled the button backlight in this as i am exclusively using on screen buttons now.

Enable soft keys. http://www.mediafire.com/?kxpc5er5z4594t9

Disable soft keys. http://www.mediafire.com/?28ibwx17ikiqm24

Credit is in the updater script. Work by me method by evilisto.

awesome work :)

Guest rangeoshun

Hi! Great progress, virtually no reboots for me. Most of my apps are running as they should. But the battery drain is quite extensive. I made a logcat for a few hours until it almost ran out of charge. For most of the time it was "sleeping", then made a wordcloud out and this is what I got:

post-793907-0-63773600-1330428320_thumb.

And the full log: http://pastebin.com/S9SX8Ef0

Hope this helps :) Keep up the great work dudes!

My battery runs like a bulldozer on the latest build!

It's amazing!

I've had it on since say, 3am this morning when it was fully charged,

now down at 78% with full brightness etc,

it's a beast of a battery.

And no reboots.

Music player isn't working, but I used a far better 3rd party one.

Also, I don't understand this deep sleep thing but I get what you mean,

cos the three buttons at the bottom wake the phone,

never does that on any other ROM,

but this is a beastly ROM,

glad I have it.

Guest Frankish
with regards to battery drain, would systemui have anything to do with this as this is on constant?

System ui needs to be obviously. Its status bar etc! I'm sure deep sleep is battery drain culprit. Phone always wakes on front keys and shouldn't.

In my testing with the cresent if you disable wifi it made a huge difference to battery. Default was (is?) to keep it on 24/7 and not to sleep.

Also what kernel issues were causing the crashing/reboots? I dont think you answered me.

Also whats the latest on HW acceleration? I think its safe to assume it doesnt work?

Edited by MCZQ

Guest plegdroid

System ui needs to be obviously. Its status bar etc! I'm sure deep sleep is battery drain culprit. Phone always wakes on front keys and shouldn't.

thank you, now makes sense to be on all the time, it's finding why it won't sleep :D better to ask than to sit in ignorance :)

Guest tilal6991

In my testing with the cresent if you disable wifi it made a huge difference to battery. Default was (is?) to keep it on 24/7 and not to sleep.

Also what kernel issues were causing the crashing/reboots? I dont think you answered me.

Also whats the latest on HW acceleration? I think its safe to assume it doesnt work?

I;m not sure exactly what the issue was but I got rid of it by going back to the stock ZTE kernel and backporting commits.

HWA works perfectly.

I;m not sure exactly what the issue was but I got rid of it by going back to the stock ZTE kernel and backporting commits.

HWA works perfectly.

Does that mean YouTube will work now ?

HWA works perfectly.

Can you say how you tested the acceleration? People having issues with media playback it doesnt sound like its working yet.

Guest tilal6991

Can you say how you tested the acceleration? People having issues with media playback it doesnt sound like its working yet.

That's hardware decoding not HWA. HWA is just the acceleration of the UI. HW decoding doesn't work - I know about that.

I tested it with http://ubuntuone.com...llxNlpDo4LQGXUZ this movie.

I specifically encoded it to my phone, with ffmpeg, to make use of hardware acceleration. It plays nicely in CM7, in ICS it is laggy.

Could you pls try it out, and see if it works for you?

Thanks!

*EDIT: Ohh, i see tilal is aware of this problem already, so ignore this.

Edited by bulazs

Guest tilal6991

Just to make a couple of things clear - there is a distinction between HWA and HWD.

HWA(Hardware acceleration) is the use of the GPU to render the UI. This is what is working in the ROM right now as it is really smooth and lagfree.

HWD(Hardware decoding) is the use of the GPU to play videos. This will not work and will take a significant amount of effort to get it working on our devices.

Guest plegdroid

just found the options to change it within advanced Wi-Fi settings, was set to always as stated, now turned off, will see if it improves battery life

worth a go :)

thanks for clearing up the difference with the two accelerations. I just got puzzled after I saw the kernel commits for "Overclock GPU to a crazy level" I mean surely such simple things like GUI rendering should work perfectly on a non overclocked GPU,

Guest tilal6991

thanks for clearing up the difference with the two accelerations. I just got puzzled after I saw the kernel commits for "Overclock GPU to a crazy level" I mean surely such simple things like GUI rendering should work perfectly on a non overclocked GPU,

They should and do actually work really well. The overclocking just increases the performance by just a bit extra. It's like CPU overclocking - you don't need it but most phones have it.

Guest akaladba

This ROM is great, thankyou tilal! I can't seem to log into grooveshark though, it says something about a connectivity problem. Has anyone else managed to get grooveshark to work?

Guest tilal6991

This ROM is great, thankyou tilal! I can't seem to log into grooveshark though, it says something about a connectivity problem. Has anyone else managed to get grooveshark to work?

html5.grooveshark.com? Works for me.