[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest favod

Getting the signal (noise) that the phone is connected is one thing but have you checked within Device Manager that it is actually recognised and not just seen as an "unknown device".........?

just checked now and no unrecognised devices it worked up until a few days ago and it is still recognised if i mount usb in CWM

Guest plegdroid
need some help i have this rom installed with the latest kernel not sure if i have altered some setting but im no longer able to connect my phone to my computer i get the noise on my computer to say that it is connected but i can enter usb debugging or usb connect to transfer file i am able to charge the phone via usb still though pls help

is it adb you can't get? :)unsure if you can or can't use debugging :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest plegdroid

i cant get access to my phone in anyway whilst in the os i have to boot into CWM to access the sd card

have you changed anything in developer options? in settings :)

edit, will be back, just feeding baby.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest favod

have you changed anything in developer options? in settings :)

edit, will be back, just feeding baby.

in developer options

usb debugging is ticked

adb over network isnt ticked

root access is set to apps only

stay awake is not ticked

allow mock locations is ticked

under user interface

strict mode enabled is not ticked

pointer location is unticked

show touches is not ticked

show cpu usage is not ticked

force gpu rendering is not ticked

window animation scale is set to 1x

transition animation scale is set to 1x

under apps

dont keep activities is not ticked

background process limit is set standard limit

show all anrs is not ticked

and kill app back button is not ticked

that is what my developer settings are atm

does CM9 have a fast charge option because i was reading in AOKP that there is a fast charge option in there and that if its activated then connecting via usb is nolonger possible

Edited by favod

Guest plegdroid

@favod, could try changing root access to app and adb, don't know if that would make a difference or not, don't know if ceco set his that way or not. I'll see if I can replecate the problem with the pc tomorrow, it's just reversing what causes it to fix it, unless it's hardware then I can't test that. :)

Guest plegdroid
OK I'll change that setting now

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

and just for clarity, when your connecting the phone to the pc. your pulling the drop down on the phone and pressing the option to connect to pc to transfer files ect, got to ask to cover bases, and in no way iam I questioning your no how, just getting clarity :) so please don't be offended by the question.

Edited by plegdroid

Guest favod

and just for clarity, when your connecting the phone to the pc. your pulling the drop down on the phone and pressing the option to connect to pc to transfer files ect, got to ask to cover bases, and in no way iam I questioning your no how, just getting clarity :) so please don't be offended by the question.

changed that option but it hasnt changed anything, im not offended im a noob at all this so any advice is ok with me, that is my problem when i connect my phone to the computer via usb i dont get the option to choose that because it never appears in the notification tray

(as much as a noob as i am i am studying the xda tutorial to write my own android app lol)

Edited by favod

Guest plegdroid

changed that option but it hasnt changed anything, im not offended im a noob at all this so any advice is ok with me, that is my problem when i connect my phone to the computer via usb i dont get the option to choose that because it never appears in the notification tray

(as much as a noob as i am i am studying the xda tutorial to write my own android app lol)

I'll test in the morning, I don't even know if mine will connect with the new kernel, as I've not had to connect to the pc with it on as yet. gonna go to sleep while I can, catch you on the morrow mate .:)

Guest favod

I'll test in the morning, I don't even know if mine will connect with the new kernel, as I've not had to connect to the pc with it on as yet. gonna go to sleep while I can, catch you on the morrow mate . :)

ok cheers i might try reinstalling the last s3 kernel and see if that fixes it

Guest favod

I installed the previous kernel and had the same problem its beginning to look like I'm gonna have do a clean install which is annoying because I have got the os setup to my exact desires that and I promised my gf I wouldn't do it again lol think I may wait until the update has been released hope its tomorrow lol

Guest tilal6991

Update coming today. A lot of work went in last night to get the repo to work with the new build system. It took longer than I expected.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk 2

Guest ideataste

Update coming today. A lot of work went in last night to get the repo to work with the new build system. It took longer than I expected.

waiting for download,i will test it right now,thanks tatil6991,thanks for your come back!

Guest plegdroid
I installed the previous kernel and had the same problem its beginning to look like I'm gonna have do a clean install which is annoying because I have got the os setup to my exact desires that and I promised my gf I wouldn't do it again lol think I may wait until the update has been released hope its tomorrow lol

morning, definitely something you've done, mine connects as expected, if it comes to reflashing, if you've got a backup made already of this rom, before you do that, try an advanced restore of the boot image only in cwm, may save having to reset everything, all you'll be doing is restoring Tilals kernel. :)

Guest plegdroid

yay :D

Guest pctv007

just checked now and no unrecognised devices it worked up until a few days ago and it is still recognised if i mount usb in CWM

I had the exact same pb a few weeks ago; it desapeared when I flashed the 07/04 release. I found a way to get around though: use elixir Widget to switch USB mass storage on and off and it works a treat. The phone is recognised but it's just the usb that doesn't trigger. With an external proggie, it works and you can use it.