Volume faulty?

Guest Andi Desire

Guest Aquillae

Anyone who currently has the GN, have you had the volume problems that people are talking about here: http://www.engadget....volume-issue-v/

where the volume just changes randomly without pressing it

Thanks

I've managed to replicate it using an O2 phone on 2G only near the volume rocker, realistically though since my current provider is on 1800Mhz unless I'm going out of my way to stack an O2/Vodafone phone on top of the nexus it shouldn't be an issue.

Some people have said they've experienced it by being near someone on O2 making a call, so I wouldn't get complacent.

Edited by Rusty!

Guest Aquillae

Some people have said they've experienced it by being near someone on O2 making a call, so I wouldn't get complacent.

I'm not saying it isn't a issue but to be honest I could only get it to cause a problem when the O2 phone was less than an inch away.

I've tried the o2 phone while it's downloading data and when it's making and receiving a call and it still has to be within an inch before the Nexus's volume drops.

Guest Confuzed

I'd be interested to hear from someone using the Galaxy Nexus on O2 or one of the other networks on the affected frequency. I'm guessing the issue occurs more in that case?

It's pretty much 100% reproducible. Handtec have even held back shipping them due to it.

Great :(

Guess it'll turn out to be a full-scale recall by the time it gets released over here :(

Guest Chris Jenx

Anyone who currently has the GN, have you had the volume problems that people are talking about here: http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/21/european-galaxy-nexus-owners-complain-of-erratic-volume-issue-v/

where the volume just changes randomly without pressing it

Thanks

Yeah didn't notice till I got home and fell down to 2G signal. I heard that the devices coming from the factory now, don't have this problem, they say its additional QA, most-likely a newer firmware.

Cheers