how do I know if a Vega is rooted?

Guest meehog

My brother in law has just bought a vega and has asked me to install a custom rom on to it, but I'm not sure if it's rooted. He bought it off ebay, and thinks it used to have a custom rom on it, but the guy restored it to the stock rom before sending it. There's no superuser app in the app drawer, and I'm not sure if it is already rooted, will it damage it if I try to re-root it? Not sure of any way to check root status?

Thanks for any help.

Guest IanTurner

Rooted ?

Just go into settings->applications->development and set usb debug mode.

Then download and run AUDI on your PC after which you can install a number of ROMs from your PC via the supplied USB cable(in the case of Vegacomb that would be the modded stock ROM after which you can download vegacomb and its updates to the sdcard and boot to recovery mode to install those, see the pinned thread at the top of this forum and check out a video about the installation)

Edited by IanTurner

Guest IanTurner

Install a rom and titanium backup is packaged with them, not much point sticking with the stock rom unless you like installing market the hardway and nothing worth backing up until you install one as the stock rom is available online (you'll have use the adb interface from the pc until you install a new rom ) and you'll need clockwork mod recovery to reinstall a copy of a rom and that comes with the better roms.

Edited by IanTurner