Need help with flashing rom on Liquid E

Guest _Shani_

Guest _Shani_

Hi friends,

I need your help with putting custom rom on my Liquid E.

Liquid E with Fido from Canada

Android version: 2.2

Baseband version: A1-05.01.05

Kernel version: 2.6.29

Build Number: Acer_LiquidE_4.004.04_PA_FIDO

I rooted my phone using malez recovery 0.6.2

And I am looking for custom rom with gingerbread, since I already enjoyed frozen yogurt.

I checked the forum and found that LiquidNext 1.9,2 is the latest rom with gingerbread with all hardware working.

So I would like to get guidance about how to put that rom on Liquid E.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by _Shani_

Try reading the ultimate liquid thread by dario93 or the first post of liquid next. If you have questions after reading we are glad to help you.

From the ultimate liquid thread:

Custom ROMs are always in "update.zip" format. So just follow these brief steps:

1- Download the .zip file and put it on your SD card 2- Go into Malez Recovery 3- Go in "Wipe Menu" and perform a "Wipe ALL"----> this will erase all your data 4- Return to main menu and go under the "Flash/Test Menu" 5- Select "Flash zip from SDcard" 6- Select your .zip file and press Home button to start flashing process 7- Once finished,reboot your device and enjoy

Notes:

1-If an error appears when you select the zip,try to use "Flash zip from Sdcard (no sign check)" 2-The flashing process will erase all your data,be aware of this.

Edited by siggey

Guest _Shani_

Try reading the ultimate liquid thread by dario93 or the first post of liquid next. If you have questions after reading we are glad to help you.

From the ultimate liquid thread:

Custom ROMs are always in "update.zip" format. So just follow these brief steps:

1- Download the .zip file and put it on your SD card 2- Go into Malez Recovery 3- Go in "Wipe Menu" and perform a "Wipe ALL"----> this will erase all your data 4- Return to main menu and go under the "Flash/Test Menu" 5- Select "Flash zip from SDcard" 6- Select your .zip file and press Home button to start flashing process 7- Once finished,reboot your device and enjoy

Notes:

1-If an error appears when you select the zip,try to use "Flash zip from Sdcard (no sign check)" 2-The flashing process will erase all your data,be aware of this.

Thanks

Actually I have been through those instructions. But the thing is that for LiquidNext 1.9.2, it says don't use Titanium backup. So How am I going to backup all the apps, msgs, contacts that I have and then transfer it back after installing new rom..

You can use titanium backup for your apps but not for system data.

Thanks

Actually I have been through those instructions. But the thing is that for LiquidNext 1.9.2, it says don't use Titanium backup. So How am I going to backup all the apps, msgs, contacts that I have and then transfer it back after installing new rom..

Guest _Shani_

You can use titanium backup for your apps but not for system data.

ok.. Thanks.

And how can I keep all my contacts n msgs safe? Is there a way to backup those?

When you wipe all, does it wipe sd card too? And how can you wipe all things manually?

Edit: Just found out that I can export all contacts to sd card. using app to backup msgs.

Edited by _Shani_

Guest _Shani_

I installed malez recovery and rooted my phone.

Then I flashed 4.002.14 bin, which wiped out malez recovery so I installed malez recovery again.

Then I wiped everything, installed rom and partitioned sd card using malez recovery tool.

So finally, I have LN 1.9.2 on my Liquid E.

Thanks yapa73, Stangoesagain, Siggey, Dima KN and Ma7moud for all help.

Thanks malez, Suxsem, kenlem, Dario93 for their useful threads.