kernel 2.6.32

Guest pier11

Guest al.daun

try this version of dtox's 7.2 rom with previous version of .32 kermel - without melfas at all. It should not make a difference, but who knows...

same as before. tried your melfas boot.img as well. what's the name of the module? maybe i can try to probe it again in adb shell.

same as before. tried your melfas boot.img as well. what's the name of the module? maybe i can try to probe it again in adb shell.

no module. It's compiled into the kernel.

honestly I run out of ideas on what it can be...

try ProjectMenu from official rom - interesting how official soft identifies your touchscreen...

Because your case is unique. Most people have synaptics and I heard no complaints. The rest got melfas and we just made it working couple hours later too...

Guest al.daun

Interessting. Tried the TRE2.1 Updata.app (from TWRock) and guess what: touchscreen is NOT working in the original 2.1 TRE ROM.

Installed your cm7.2 on top of that rom (with gapps). touchscreen still not working.

dmesg: http://pastebin.com/6Ff2CdeL

now reverting to official german and try to find out more

Guest al.daun

try ProjectMenu from official rom - interesting how official soft identifies your touchscreen...

synaptics-rmitouchscreen

ov3647 + ov7690

hynix-0x5510baad

samsung lcd

@pier11

added oc to your kernel.and it works.

beautiful!

your are the man!

many people have missed it and expressed a wish.

send diff if you inclined to do so, will add to repo.

/people also add smartass2 governors I saw... /

Edited by pier11

Guest dtox125

i suspected that sory.you should use the boot.img from the zip and replace with the one in the rom that you used to install cm7.2 and reinstall the rom.

Edited by dtox125

• 2 weeks later...

Search for KH5200:

KH5200(Andro-1) Android Froyo

Well so many news today...

I quickly looked at the system.img inside "Froyo_GW620_officially_LG.rar" (which is said to contain the official version of that rom).

Their libcamera wants /dev/msm_camera/msm_camera0, so they seem to have built some sort of compat-kernel-32 like you did :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some findings on ar6000 WIFI integration, possibly related to wifi suspend issues....

[b] Linux version < 2.6.32 (Android < 2.2)

No native MMC suspend and resume method[/b]

[b] Linux version == 2.6.32 (Android 2.2 Froyo)

Cut power mode is supported

Clock, high speed mode and bus width need to be reset after resume[/b]

Linux version > 2.6.34 (Android > 2.2)

Deep sleep mode is support

MMC_PM_KEEP_POWER

WoW is supported

MMC_PM_WAKE_SDIO_IRQ and MMC_PM_KEEP_POWER

Bus width will to switch to 1 bit mode after suspend and restore to 4 bits mode after resume

This might explain why kernel .29 wifi integration cannot be ported into kernel .32 easily.

Maybe we need to look at sources of a v 32 kernel which integrates ar6000.ko - are sources for zte blade kernel available? see next post

another thing: you once said that wifi mac address = function( bt addr ), and bt addr is known?

if so, could we code a script that reads bt addr, then calculates and sets wifi mac address (in the same fashion as setMacAddress - how does setMacAddress set a mac address?). The script could be called once by update.zip - wifi mac bug would be solved (or at least worked around in an elegant fashion).

edit: mac is simply written (in binary form) into system/wifi/caldata.bin*

I'm pretty sure this process could be automated. Now how to get bt addr?

Edited by dr.flo

https://github.com/k...host/msm_sdcc.c

is this one any different to ours?

If this one misses integration stuff specific to our ar6000.ko - while it still works for the zte blade - then maybe we just need to use this code in kernel, combined with their stock froyo ar6000.ko?

Possibly, ar6000.ko built from pulse-mini source isn't setup to properly integrate into kernel .32 natively - likely, since wifi integration seems to have changed between eclair and froyo, as stated in presentation linked above. Same might be true for ar6000.ko on ascend where it is just a dead file.

Edited by dr.flo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pier11

Added LZMA kernel compression support.

Found in Pershoot's repo backport from newer kernels.

now boot.img is less than 2MB in size. So extra 0.5MB room.

Need to add IPv6 - ics won't use Internet without it, even though command line utilities manage its absence just fine (ping, wget).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lloco73

I made a test to see if latest kernel .32 (some minor changes made) boots up with eclair official rom and guess what, it boots up.

It works smooth but Wifi does not work, all the rest seems to work ok.

Guest pier11

I made a test to see if latest kernel .32 (some minor changes made) boots up with eclair official rom and guess what, it boots up.

It works smooth but Wifi does not work, all the rest seems to work ok.

Interesting. Which rom it was?

When I first developed the kernel, I tested it on UK2010 rom, and was able to run it into user interface. But had some unavoidable error - android complained something about system process.

So I switched to cm7 after that.

Curious what changed in recent kernel so Eclair started to like it more. IPv6? :)

EDIT:

wifi won't work if you did not replace wifi driver and its firmware in rom. Kernel modules, ar6000.ko wifi driver in our case, are specific to particular kernel version.

Edited by pier11