Data problem

Guest Gisky

Hi guys

I got a liquid metal from expansys last week (finally!). It's running stock 2.3.6 and I've not rooted it or anything.

Its an awesome phone, and for the first few days I didn't have any problems but for the last 3 days I've had the same issue once or twice a day where the phone seems to lose the mobile data connection. The signal meter goes from green to grey which i believe means the Google apps have lost their sync connection and sometimes there's also the little red and white X on the H symbol in the status bar, no other apps can connect including the browser, but texts and calls are still fine. The signal bar though grey does show between 2 and 4 bars still.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling mobile data and that's never brought it back, tried switching to 2G or 3G only and back to automatic, no joy there either. On one occasion (when I was moving around) I noticed it came back on its own but every other time I've had to restart the phone. This always brings the data back again right away.

Anyone ever seen this before? Should I try and exchange it? Starting to run out of ideas!

Edited by Gisky

Guest carrarina

This sometimes happens to me when I am at school, and just there. It'possible that the problem is the quality of the signal, I think it doesn't depend on our phones..but these are just my opinions :)

Guest parsn1p

I had this problem too, I have had my phone for 2 weeks, running latest ACER Rom. I am on the Three network, I found that if I disabled mobile internet and then re-enabled the connection would start to work again.

I have since rooted my handset and installed the Gingerounay ROM (I couldn't cope with the ACER lock screen any longer) and I havent noticed the problem since, but that could be coincidence.

Thanks

David