Issue with SD card

Guest de_man_n

Guest de_man_n

Hi All,

Bit of an unusual question. A little while back I took my SD card out of my vega to transfer picture files onto a pc. I cant remember if I unmounted it first but my gut instinct is that I did. Anyway, upon putting it back into the vega, the vega started saying the SD card was damaged. I have since tried to re-format the SD using the vega but it doesn't do anything. Occasionally it will recognise it as being blank but still says damaged. I've tried re-formatting it using a camera (PC is at the other side of the country at the moment) but no luck. I've tried using a different SD which was also from my camera but I'm still getting the same issue. Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed with this or what I should try. I don't even mind doing a factory reset, just the vega wont let me as it says it needs a valid SD inserted.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Guest IanTurner

You have stuck the blank sdcard in, booted up then shutdown and rebooted haven't you because it seems to create files and folders on seeing a blank card but needs them on the card to recognise it as valid which requires a reboot