[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

Can we stalkers of the thread (not developers, but people who are loving your work), get a quick sentence detailing what stage we're at with regards to a working, and usable ROM?

the problem was the mobile_hipri in overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml

Cool :D which build and boot.img are you using?

Edit: I guess it's one you've just compiled yourself?

Edited by fp30

Guest skywave

Cool :D which build and boot.img are you using?

t0mm13 last one, build from ics4blade github with the mods from post 461. One last bug is that it wont connect to the network if the simcard has a pin on it. Never asks for a pin, but i am able to turn the whole pinlock off from the settings menu after i enter the right pin.

http://www.mediafire...8l3wiwfwfftm4cf framework-res.apk

Edited by skywave

t0mm13 last one, build from ics4blade github with the mods from post 461. One last bug is that it wont connect to the network if the simcard has a pin on it. Never asks for a pin, but i am able to turn the whole pinlock off from the settings menu after i enter the right pin.

Flashed the boot.img from post 461 with fastboot and pushed your framework-res.apk with adb while in the recovery, rebooted, but no luck. Are there preconfigured APNs in your settings? Did I miss something?

@skywave can you upload your build for us to test? also are you running it on an emulator or your phone?

strange that I still cant get rild socket.

felixl, do you have a rild socket?

Edited by fp30

Guest t0mm13b

Flashed the boot.img from post 461 with fastboot and pushed your framework-res.apk with adb while in the recovery, rebooted, but no luck. Are there preconfigured APNs in your settings? Did I miss something?

You have /system/etc/apns-conf.xml and /system/etc/spn-conf.xml?

Just pushed out to github under device/zte/blade :)

Guest swukjay

Can we stalkers of the thread (not developers, but people who are loving your work), get a quick sentence detailing what stage we're at with regards to a working, and usable ROM?

Hows this for quick..."NO"

Please guys let the devs do their thing, these guys are tried and tested at what they do and they are among the best at it!...hell even zte and samsung probably steal their code! :rolleyes:

Dinner will be ready when its ready, cant cook it any faster than it cooks!:)

Guest hecatae

I confirm Felixl. used new framework-res, t0mm13b's boot.img still no network and no rild.

something weird going on. why are some people getting it and other not?

disable your pin and it should work, network working here

Guest skywave

http://www.mediafire...2axvd9wh8yvyo31

What works

Gps works

Autorotation and compass works (Thanks to ippe_h/konstat)

Telephony works (bugs with pinlock on the simcard, disable if you have one to connect)

What is untested

3g internet

What doesn't

Hardware acceleration.

Animations (turn them off in settings -> developer options -> both window animation scale and transition animation scale to "animation off"

Audio

Timezone configuration

Probably lots of stuff

/edit

During the flash in clockworkmod you will get something about random offset, no idea what it means but seems ok.

Edited by skywave

disable your pin and it should work, network working here

there is no rild socket so I cant do anything to do with network. ill try skywaves update 6 and see ift that works

Guest domdom43

Sorry for the noob question but i can't init the tomm13b repository.

Android ics or CM9 work fine but if i try to initialize tomm13b repository with the command:

repo init -u git://github.com/t0mm13b/ics4blade.git

i have the error message:

* [new branch] master -> origin/master

fatal: manifest 'default.xml' not available

fatal: manifest default.xml not found

What am i doing wrong?

Edited by domdom43

Guest hecatae

Sorry for the noob question but i can't init the tomm13b repository.

Android ics or CM9 work fine but if i try to initialize tomm13b repository with the command:

repo init -u git://github.com/t0mm13b/ics4blade.git

i have the error message:

* [new branch] master -> origin/master

fatal: manifest 'default.xml' not available

fatal: manifest default.xml not found

What am i doing wrong?

git clone https://github.com/t0mm13b/ics4blade.git

and then use git pull for any changes

Guest hankhandsome

dang, i might have given it a spin if the audio worked. excellent work so far everyone. keen follower of the thread, but as a former coder myself I appreciate it's not going to happen overnight :)

well if someone has already tried it and it didn't work for them then my whole compile time will have been wasted. So just wanted to check before starting.

did you manage to complete the build? interested to know if it worked.

Guest davidnintendo

I have a noob question. I am trying to build the system and, when I run the launch program, there's a line saying "TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv5te-vfp", but I thought it should say armv6-vfp. Am I doing something wrong?

Guest kallt_kaffe

dang, i might have given it a spin if the audio worked. excellent work so far everyone. keen follower of the thread, but as a former coder myself I appreciate it's not going to happen overnight :)

I have audio working on my ZTE V9 (almost the same hardware as the Blade).

First use this files and replace the ones in you allready have: https://github.com/TeamICS/android_hardware_msm7k/tree/ics/libaudio

You propably also need this: https://github.com/TeamICS/android_hardware_msm7k/blob/ics/Android.mk (I solved this in a different fashion (=ugly hack)) but using this file should work.

Finally add:

audio.primary.msm7k \

audio_policy.msm7k \

To PRODUCT_PACKAGES in your device_blade.mk.

That should enable audio.

I have a noob question. I am trying to build the system and, when I run the launch program, there's a line saying "TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv5te-vfp", but I thought it should say armv6-vfp. Am I doing something wrong?

no its fine. ICS cant be built for armv6 I dont think, so the closest is armv5e. It should be fine.

Did you by any chance try to introduce the patches for fixing hw acceleration?

edit: would also be worth adding the patches from the above post too to see if we can get audio too :D

Edited by fp30

Guest davidnintendo

no its fine. ICS cant be built for armv6 I dont think, so the closest is armv5e. It should be fine.

Did you by any chance try to introduce the patches for fixing hw acceleration?

edit: would also be worth adding the patches from the above post too to see if we can get audio too :D

I've just done it and started compiling. I have an 2.4GHz dual-core processor and a normal HDD so it may take more than an hour. Also, I am doing it under OS X and since my drive is formated on a non-casesensitive file system I have to use a disk image to compile, so it may even be slower. I'm having lunch while it builds hopping it doesn't have any errors. Will tell you what I got.

Edit: Got an error as soon as it stardted compiling libaudiointerface. Log:

target thumb C++: libaudiointerface <= hardware/libhardware_legacy/audio/AudioHardwareGeneric.cpp

hardware/libhardware_legacy/audio/AudioHardwareGeneric.cpp: In member function 'virtual android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamIn* android_audio_legacy::AudioHardwareGeneric::openInputStream(uint32_t, int*, uint32_t*, uint32_t*, android::status_t*, android_audio_legacy::AudioSystem::audio_in_acoustics)':

hardware/libhardware_legacy/audio/AudioHardwareGeneric.cpp:121: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type 'android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamInGeneric'

hardware/libhardware_legacy/audio/AudioHardwareGeneric.h:70: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within 'android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamInGeneric':

hardware/libhardware_legacy/include/hardware_legacy/AudioHardwareInterface.h:175: note: 	virtual android::status_t android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamIn::addAudioEffect(effect_interface_s**)

hardware/libhardware_legacy/include/hardware_legacy/AudioHardwareInterface.h:176: note: 	virtual android::status_t android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamIn::removeAudioEffect(effect_interface_s**)

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libaudiointerface_intermediates/AudioHardwareGeneric.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Edited by davidnintendo

Guest t0mm13b

I've just done it and started compiling. I have an 2.4GHz dual-core processor and a normal HDD so it may take more than an hour. Also, I am doing it under OS X and since my drive is formated on a non-casesensitive file system I have to use a disk image to compile, so it may even be slower. I'm having lunch while it builds hopping it doesn't have any errors. Will tell you what I got.

Edit: Got an error as soon as it stardted compiling libaudiointerface. Log:

target thumb C++: libaudiointerface <= hardware/libhardware_legacy/audio/AudioHardwareGeneric.cpp

hardware/libhardware_legacy/audio/AudioHardwareGeneric.cpp: In member function 'virtual android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamIn* android_audio_legacy::AudioHardwareGeneric::openInputStream(uint32_t, int*, uint32_t*, uint32_t*, android::status_t*, android_audio_legacy::AudioSystem::audio_in_acoustics)':

hardware/libhardware_legacy/audio/AudioHardwareGeneric.cpp:121: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type 'android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamInGeneric'

hardware/libhardware_legacy/audio/AudioHardwareGeneric.h:70: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within 'android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamInGeneric':

hardware/libhardware_legacy/include/hardware_legacy/AudioHardwareInterface.h:175: note: 	virtual android::status_t android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamIn::addAudioEffect(effect_interface_s**)

hardware/libhardware_legacy/include/hardware_legacy/AudioHardwareInterface.h:176: note: 	virtual android::status_t android_audio_legacy::AudioStreamIn::removeAudioEffect(effect_interface_s**)

make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libaudiointerface_intermediates/AudioHardwareGeneric.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Hmm... did you not git clone the repo ics4blade? It has the fix in there for that... Anyway, that's the function prototype for the two methods addAudioEffect and removeAudioEffect in the above AudioHardwareInterface.h should be like this:

virtual status_t addAudioEffect(effect_handle_t effect){ return INVALID_OPERATION; }

virtual status_t removeAudioEffect(effect_handle_t effect){ return INVALID_OPERATION; }