[DEV] AOSP Dev for Zte Blade

Guest t0mm13b

same as my gen1 oled - no crashes etc; but nothing works. its stable though.

Actually, it's only network-related stuff that didn't work for me - sound for instance was ok. I must also admit, that I put an Orange UK SIM to test the network, not my regular, Polish SIM. So it was in roaming - may have sth to do with connection issues. It works well enough on CM7 though.

Guest sej7278

btw, if someone knows which (makefile) file to edit, the apk's seem to have all the images and stuff for tablets, mdpi devices etc. inside. Cutting it down to hdpi and nodpi only should be enough for blade, yes?

good idea to cut out all the unnecessary image sizes. also things like face-unlock which require a front-facing camera can go, as well as openwnn.

someone already took google voice video chat out of gapps (requires front-facing camera and arm7) and saved over 20mb.

i guess also NFC stuff can go (don't have the hardware) and chromium (requires arm7) it seems is part of the build now - is the chrome web browser now part of android4 for tablets?

Guest fedezubo

Actually, it's only network-related stuff that didn't work for me - sound for instance was ok. I must also admit, that I put an Orange UK SIM to test the network, not my regular, Polish SIM. So it was in roaming - may have sth to do with connection issues. It works well enough on CM7 though.

instead, in my case the signal strength was ok (i saw the carrier's name on the lockscreen)

unfortunately i can't provide to DEVs a logcat, because, even if i try to "adb logcat" the terminal is stuck at "waiting for device"

Guest hugobosslives

instead, in my case the signal strength was ok (i saw the carrier's name on the lockscreen)

unfortunately i can't provide to DEVs a logcat, because, even if i try to "adb logcat" the terminal is stuck at "waiting for device"

just do it on the phone. and save to sdcard.

then either upload from phone (if you have wifi working... mine doesn't work dry.gif) or just transfer to your pc the old fashioned way and upload :)

Guest fedezubo

just do it on the phone. and save to sdcard.

then either upload from phone (if you have wifi working... mine doesn't work dry.gif) or just transfer to your pc the old fashioned way and upload :)

how can I do it? The phone continues bootlooping... i can see only the lockscreen and then, as i wrote some post before, bazinga! the android bootlogo appears... If you have another method to logcat, i would be honored by your explanation :D

Guest Davidoff59

gnobarel,the speed for alpha is perfectly acceptable, pretty smooth to be honest. it will only improve as bugs are ironed out and code perfected. this will take time though and is something that should not be rushed.

Guest davidnintendo

OK. Finally I got with the source of all HW hacks and fixes. They came from this thread from XDA-Developers: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1361940

Instructions are these:

Explained how to hack for EGL - updated as much as

1. You need rights *.so adreno200. Not all *.so worked with ICS. You can try from my build.

2. You should patch these files:

DisplayHardware.cpp - selectConfigForPixelFormat

SurfaceFlinger.cpp - SurfaceFlinger::createNormalSurface or define NO_RGBX_8888

eglApi.cpp - eglSwapBuffers

glext.h - remap GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES

gl2ext.h - remap GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES

state.cpp - fix case GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES

BootAnimation.cpp - BootAnimation::android()

for details see patchset - first aid hacks. Needs additional investigations and developments.

http://www.multiupload.com/HMP17EWYS1

I know nothing about this but apparently, even it's not final, it works on the Desire and the HD2 and it is being use on ROMS widely on the HD2, so it may be stable in a way. As it is in test state, it could be included in the ROM but having hardware acceleration disabled by default by keeping egl.cfg as it is right now (without the adreno200 line) so that anyone willing to test it would have it as easily as adding one line to a file. What do you think?

Edited by davidnintendo

Does anyone else worry than t0mm13b is not posting on this thread anymore??

Because everyone is posting away but it was t0mm13b's build, and it was him and some other devs that was making the real progress here. And no one seem to care that they are not posting anymore. Either they took some time off from this build, either they got tired of the mess on this thread.

No offence meant to anyone here, but they asked so many times to people to don't post unless they were able to fix things.

Edited by ayziaa

Guest Peter H

Because everyone is posting away but it was t0mm13b's build, and it was him and some other devs that was making the real progress here. And no one seem to care that they are not posting anymore. Either they took some time off from this build, either they got tired of the mess on this thread.

No offence meant to anyone here, but they asked so many times to people to don't post unless they were able to fix things.

I have read this thread daily and I suspect they have decided to communicate some other way as the selfish, self centred a'holes drove them away even though they were politely asked to keep out over and over again. I have been tempted to say something before but didn't want to add any more clutter but now I think it is too late and we have all lost the chance to benefit from their work.

I have read this thread daily and I suspect they have decided to communicate some other way as the selfish, self centred a'holes drove them away even though they were politely asked to keep out over and over again. I have been tempted to say something before but didn't want to add any more clutter but now I think it is too late and we have all lost the chance to benefit from their work.

It's a shame! I was really enjoying watching the progress everyday. Now people can keep posting because I also believe it is too late. I just hope they will release there work when it's over, but it only depend of there good will.

Edited by ayziaa

Guest eucurto

It's a shame! I was really enjoying watching the progress everyday. Now people can keep posting because I also believe it is too late. I just hope they will release there work when it's over, but it only depend of there good will.

Maybe, just maybe, t0mm13b has a life! And the others who doesn't, maybe, just maybe, should just read and not make assumptions or comments.

Guest Nidhin Dell XCD35

Hey kudos guys on ur work!! although i din understand nething which u were talking here (not a techie though)!! Pls do share me the link from where i can download ICS for my ZTE Blade aka Dell XCD35!!!

Hey kudos guys on ur work!! although i din understand nething which u were talking here (not a techie though)!! Pls do share me the link from where i can download ICS for my ZTE Blade aka Dell XCD35!!!

Read the whole thread and switch on your brain, if available.

Maybe, just maybe, t0mm13b has a life! And the others who doesn't, maybe, just maybe, should just read and not make assumptions or comments.

You said I sould read, I clearly miss something. Could you point it out for me?? I don't question the fact that devs have lifes, but if you would actualy read like your telling me to this thread from the start, I should have notice that the devs like t0mm13b or KonstaT just stop posting at some point when they were posting every single days. I think it's normal to wonder if they actualy took some time off this build (and they can do whatever they want that's not my point) or maybe they've got tired of everyone posting about what's working or what's not when they asked specifically not to.

Edited by ayziaa

Guest t0mm13b

Humm... I am still here, watching the thread, doing some work on this, yes, I am not paid to do this, I started out doing this for ME, and to share the knowledge. Unfortunately, for some, who wanted to monitor and watch the progress, its some very, mind you, am not being judgemental, but stupid posters demanding, pestering, and writing in text speak on this very thread, which I DESPISE, USE ENGLISH PLEASE! FFS!

Its those very people who are cluttering up the thread and not bothering to read the whole thing from the very start. Its quite sad to see that happen but hey, that's internet for you.

It was that poster who got banned, started to wear out my enthusiasm, passion and drive into this and got to me, and sort of lost my nerve, that I just shrug my shoulders and say, "f..k this..." and pestering which is not warranted and have stated that a good few pages ago.

Yes, I do have a full-time regular 9-5 job as well. And am sorry for those who are keenly observant in noticing that I don't post in here anymore.

But fear not, I am lurking on irc with a few devs, you know who you are, and bouncing ideas, communicating in the irc channel and keeping tab on this.

Guest John Enter

As a matter of fact, t0mm13b is currently reading this thread ;)(edit: he ninja'd me) now could we please stop the offtopic? I'm flashing update 10 now and will install the patchset davidnintendo posted in a moment. Don't have any knowledge about the more advanced things but I'm willing to help.

Edit 2: nevermind, messed it up somehow. Won't bother trying anymore with ongoing exams here. (and sorry for my useless post)

Edited by John Enter

Guest hugobosslives

how can I do it? The phone continues bootlooping... i can see only the lockscreen and then, as i wrote some post before, bazinga! the android bootlogo appears... If you have another method to logcat, i would be honored by your explanation :D

okay fair point. no need to get like that rolleyes.gif

my build boots and you can use it. tho it does reboot eventually.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Just small report here.

Gen1 OLED phone (first generation I think ?). TPTv10 Stock, flashed ICS v10b and gapps.

The boot's very long, but it's ok. I can enter my name, some settings, etc... But I can't have my SIM card working. The phone's asking for PIN code again and again.

Apart of that, really great feeling with ICS, seems really cute and user friendly, I can't wait for CM9 or independant Custom Rom.

@T0mm13b and devs:

Please, do not take the comments of the bad peoples in consideration. If you do that for you and just want to share your knowledge, it's just all to yours, you're just kind enough. But you must know some peoples always asking things they don't deserve, without do anything... So just continue your work for you, and maybe for those who support you without take care of the others. You have doing such a great work here, just for that you deserve all our respect.

Thanks again, I hope you'll continue to support your work.

Good luck. :)

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

Guest fedezubo

Please, do not take the comments of the bad peoples in consideration. If you do that for you and just want to share your knowledge, it's just all to yours, you're just kind enough. But you must know some peoples always asking things they don't deserve, without do anything... So just continue your work for you, and maybe for those who support you without take care of the others. You have doing such a great work here, just for that you deserve all our respect.

Thanks again, I hope you'll continue to support your work.

Good luck. :)

totally agree with you!

DEVs appreciate, i think, Bug reports and overall impressions!

another little report: i've tried every version from 7 to 10b and the phone still bootloops.

Edited by fedezubo

Guest CaptainSpectacular

http://www.mediafire...qak80fs81n0b48v

This should fix ril entirely.

Most credits are due to TomG and the CM9 team.

Nice, RIL fixed as you say, really nice. :)

Can't make a phone call (nothing on the speaker) and it still slow but it's a really good point.

Good job guys.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by CaptainSpectacular

On my Blade 4th wave (I think), TPTed to GEN2, the Update12 is the first booting ROM.

It boots correct without SIM, WiFi and Audio is working. It is still slow - but not as slow as I expected for this early stage!

Looks very promissing - keep up the good work and thank you!

Sadly, if I insert my SIM (with PIN disabled), it boots until the lockscreen, and jumps into a bootloop if I try to unlock it :(

I'll provide a logcat later this evening if this is a help for you devs.