Converting video files for the Pulse

Guest Dante2070

Guest Dante2070

I use "Handbrake" to convert videos for the Pulse, but I am not sure what the optimal settings are. Has anyone any experience in this? The thing that matters most to me is filesize (the smaller the better), with the best possible quality.

I use "Handbrake" to convert videos for the Pulse, but I am not sure what the optimal settings are. Has anyone any experience in this? The thing that matters most to me is filesize (the smaller the better), with the best possible quality.

i didn´t try but perhaps this is an alternative http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/ , at least think it have more options to change the video to make it smaller

Guest GregorioUY

I used the iThingy Touch settings, and it does compress the video file, getting a 200-250MB file, for a standard episode in SD (originally 350MB)

Guest Dante2070

I used the iThingy Touch settings, and it does compress the video file, getting a 200-250MB file, for a standard episode in SD (originally 350MB)

What player do you use?

I'm using Any Video Converter Professional with "Google Android MPEG-4 Movie" profile. It uses x264 as codec, 480x360 pixels as frame size, video bitrate is set to "Auto" (uses the original bitrate), encode pass is set to 2. "Video bitrate" is usually set to 1024kbps or 2500kpbs, depending on the quality of the movie that I want to get for the Pulse.

Guest Dante2070

I'm using Any Video Converter Professional with "Google Android MPEG-4 Movie" profile. It uses x264 as codec, 480x360 pixels as frame size, video bitrate is set to "Auto" (uses the original bitrate), encode pass is set to 2. "Video bitrate" is usually set to 1024kbps or 2500kpbs, depending on the quality of the movie that I want to get for the Pulse.

Thanks. But this has left me with a file way bigger than the original.

So far the best working for me is Any Video Converter with Mobile Phone MPEG-4 Movie with a 320x240 resolution and 384 bitrate.

When holding the phone in Landscape it takes up almost all the screen and the quality is decent. The file size is down to 40% of the original.

EDIT: Also playable by the on board video player

Edited by Dante2070