4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest poi2005

Any1 else think the volume on this phone is crazy low even turned all the way up ??? Any way we can get a volume boot option ? Not call volume but everything else ?

+1, Yea. Paul can you do something with the volumes?

I know that there are those volume booster in the market, but some said is working, some said aren't.

Hopefully there will be a solution to this soon...

Guest Argyris

+1, Yea. Paul can you do something with the volumes?

I know that there are those volume booster in the market, but some said is working, some said aren't.

Hopefully there will be a solution to this soon...

Regarding volume+, you must have the paid version in order to work correctly (free goes up to 4 but paid can go much higher) and i see the difference above 6.

Guest Zarch1972

Im on r4 at moment and i keep getting bloody ota update alert does installing r6 stop this from happening?

Ir5 did, so I'd assume Ir6 should do also.

Guest dew.man

First of all, thanks for the great !

Couple of things:

First of all, Menu unlock is still active for me on ir4. When I turn on the phone, I get the little menu button at the bottom (tried with a couple of the menu button mods in the kitchen), and when I click on it, it unlocks the phone.

And second, more of a request, would it be possible to get a version of the menu mod with stock menu button functionality plus just the Search button?

Thanks again!

Guest drewstiff

Update!

P

Changelog

07 Dec 10:10 (pre Ir6)

• Added MCK r4 with coolbho3000's OC/UV changes
  • Added 2 step auto-backlight patch

Damn your efficiency! I only updated last night but am going to have to again for the OC/UV.

Could you explain the 2step auto-backlight a little more clearly as I'm not sure what would happen if I selected one option but not the other for example...?

Thanks for your hard work Paul (and props to coolbh3000 as well!).

Guest Stevie B

Done a bake selecting OC/UV and installed - but no voltage selections and higher speed available via setcpu???

About Phone shows kernel 3.0.1-ga052f63 so doesn't look like the bake worked. Can somebody else confirm if bake with OC/UV kernel worked for them please?

Guest Zarch1972

Done a bake selecting OC/UV and installed - but no voltage selections and higher speed available via setcpu???

About Phone shows kernel 3.0.1-ga052f63 so doesn't look like the bake worked. Can somebody else confirm if bake with OC/UV kernel worked for them please?

My "about phone" is still showing Ir5 despite baking from the Kitchen?

EDIT: Apologies, Paul calling this 'pre'-Ir6 threw me with the naming.

Edited by Zarch1972

Guest Stevie B

The build number reflects ir5 and the search button has been removed from the lower bar as i requested, but there is no sign of the overclocking and undervolting so my assumption is the bake didn't include this kernel

Guest geovass

Didn't work for me either... Den :(

Guest nmesisca

Trackball alerts dont seem to work for me either with last night's Ir5..

Any suggestion as to why ?

thanks,

N

Just flashed Ir5 from kitchen, search button on bottom rocks, though it'll take a little to get used to it shifting the other buttons a little!

I come from the other popular ROM...it's nice that I can reboot my phone with power plugged in without fear of having to pull the battery...!

Aside from that no issues to report, though I've not wiped at all yet, will see what mess that brings in time! :)

EDIT: Trackball alerts don't seem to be working for me, unless I'm missing something. I set missed calls to red, turned screen off and called phone from another phone. The light was white when ringing as usual, but after the missed call display and screen turned off, no flashy light :(

Guest drewstiff

Could you explain the 2step auto-backlight a little more clearly as I'm not sure what would happen if I selected one option but not the other for example...?

Ah I've kinda understood it a bit better now, it appears to be an either/or situation (step1 or step2) whereas I had misread it as 2 different "steps" in the auto-brightness scale had been adjusted.

[self-quoting ftw]

Guest Matthew Ford

Prior to me complaining that the kitchens not working even though i paid the $9, i've got home from work and it now appears to be functioning correctly.

This is my first android phone, and the first time ive applied a rom over an existing custom rom, and i simply chose what i didnt want (sim card manager, google+ etc), selected the UV/OV patch and applied it through clockwork.

This is all too easy!

Flawless upgrade, seems alot more responsive and to answer the person above - my install of trackball pro is still working flawlessly, try upgrade to prel6

Props to Paul and everyone who has contributed in some way shape or form

Guest Paul Stephens

Hi Paul, I am new to this rom flashing and I finally grew a pair and did it using your superboot and rom kitchen. It amazing. you must be a very clever guy. thank you for all your hard work.

I do have a question...

i unpicked google search bar in the rom kitchen and baked my rom, flashed it fine but the search bar still exists.

also the offline gallery ... still shows my google + / piccassa stuff.

should I wipe before upgrading a new rom? I used rom mannager / clockwork mod as advised.

Paul.

Guest Brian L

Anyone try to use a font changer or anything anything to change font to Ubuntu font? Roboto is cool and all, but I feel like the Ubuntu font rules all others :) I am asking because I have not tried to change it on ICS. Paul, maybe you can add in an option in the kitchen to use Ubuntu font?

Guest Bierfreund
Added MCK r4 with coolbho3000's OC/UV changes

Does it OC per default if I don't use SetCPU?

I don't want to OC, but UV would be nice to save battery. Same questions, does it UV per default or do i have to install SetCPU and configure something?