4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest saxofonbrian
Hi everyone,

Just for info, how long is usually taking first boot (approx), that's like 30+ minutes the animated logo is running now... Feeling a bit stressed...

(if it stay like this, is it safe to reboot it ?)

Mine was also stock at boot, did a full wipe, installed again - and this time it worked.

Kind regards

Brian

Hi Paul,

I'm a newb with even rooting my phone, but you're work is amazing.

I followed the directions to add the facebook thing on my Verizon galaxy nexus this evening and everything worked perfectly.

Except for one thing that is, there's no longer any phone service to my phone.

No SMS or Mobile at all. Wi-Fi still works though. The right version appears in the "About" section, and Facebook appears as an account for syncs.

Should I not have done the "Wipe all data"? Is that possibly the problem?

I really hope you can share some advice because, i am really dreading walking back into the Verizon store and asking them why my rooted phone doesn't work....

Thanks for your help,

DaveS

Just a heads up that i'm working with the 4.0.2 update, the 4.0.3 AOSP release and the LTE release ready for the next MCR version. I'm not around much at weekends, but there will be a major update early next week. Thanks for your support as always... some super-cool stuff in the pipeline too! :)

P

Phone is nagging me about OTA, can I disable these? Would prefer to wait for the next MCR!

You won't be able to install it anyway.

To disable the notification rename /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip to something else.

File should probably be removed from MCR build.

Guest FatherD

Just a heads up that i'm working with the 4.0.2 update, the 4.0.3 AOSP release and the LTE release ready for the next MCR version. I'm not around much at weekends, but there will be a major update early next week. Thanks for your support as always... some super-cool stuff in the pipeline too! :)

P

Sweeeeet! cool.gif

Guest krypto16

P

AWESOME, Thanks Paul!!!

Guest Highland3r

You won't be able to install it anyway.

To disable the notification rename /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip to something else.

File should probably be removed from MCR build.

Renamed the file, but its still prompting to install (even after a reboot) does the dowloaded file need to be removed as well or something?

Guest Luirawr

Enjoy The Weekend Paul!!

You Deserve it after all the work youve done for us!! :D

Im Just waiting on my premium kitchen to come live now, as a way of saying thanks i thought id purchase it :D

Ill donate as soon as i can aswell :)

Keep up the great work!!

Renamed the file, but its still prompting to install (even after a reboot) does the dowloaded file need to be removed as well or something?

Yep... or try and install it once, recovery will fail (dead android) - battery pull - reboot - gone.

This ROM is for GSM handsets, not LTE, so chances are that's the issue

I'm sure you're right about that.

I hadn't considered that at all.

I guess I have to go figure out how to do a restore now.

Thanks,

DaveS

Guest imfloflo

Just flash "151211-1202-Ir-update-modacocustomrom-galaxynexus-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-99d9f4fd06ba0bbe917b12b52f84fd80" and stuck in the Google logo for 20min :S

Should i remove the battery and reboot in recovery to flash another one?

i checked md5 all was good.

How can i flash another rom as i can't boot?

Just flash "151211-1202-Ir-update-modacocustomrom-galaxynexus-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-99d9f4fd06ba0bbe917b12b52f84fd80" and stuck in the Google logo for 20min :S

Should i remove the battery and reboot in recovery to flash another one?

i checked md5 all was good.

How can i flash another rom as i can't boot?

Did you select the OC kernel? If so, re-bake with the standard kernel.

You can just reboot to recovery to flash another rom, you don't need to boot to android.

Guest imfloflo

Did you select the OC kernel? If so, re-bake with the standard kernel.

You can just reboot to recovery to flash another rom, you don't need to boot to android.

I use the default one rom with option in #1 post and just flash this single zip.

how can i flash another rom as mount USB doesn't work (ums unfile msg in CWM)

Guest Miad Hoque

Hi there! This is my first post here, first i'd like to express my thanks for your work. I'm not new to flashing but I just got a GNex, loving your work Paul!

Quick question: Do I need to wipe between flashing updates? Thanks!

Guest Rightfoot

I cant connect to WiFi.

Get "Avoided poor Internet Connection". Have tried to wipe and flash again, didnt help. I have no problem connecting to WiFi with vanilla ICS 4.0.2 or Android Revolution HD 2.1.0

Anyone else had this problem?

Guest Miad Hoque

I cant connect to WiFi.

Get "Avoided poor Internet Connection". Have tried to wipe and flash again, didnt help. I have no problem connecting to WiFi with vanilla ICS 4.0.2 or Android Revolution HD 2.1.0

Anyone else had this problem?

Just tested this myself

For open networks, I get the "Avoided poor Internet Connection" error

For secured networks nothing happens, no error or anything.

WiFi isn't too important for me so I can wait for a fix myself.

Guest Rightfoot

Just tested this myself

For open networks, I get the "Avoided poor Internet Connection" error

For secured networks nothing happens, no error or anything.

WiFi isn't too important for me so I can wait for a fix myself.

Well I'm trying to use my own secured network. I has full strength before I try to connect to it. But then it doesnt work :/

Guest Drawde40599

so stock kk1 radio would switxh from 3g to 4g depending if intertent connection needed xx6 stays at 4g 100% of the time is everyone else seeing these results , im wondering if its because of something in the 4.0.2-4.0.3 update that we dont have yet ? any1 no more about this radio help me out with some info ?