4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MacAllan

Changelog

14 Feb 11:00 pre-Beta 2

• Added 4.0.2 build fingerprint options (ensure you select the correct version - GSM / CDMA)

What effect will this have on the ROM?

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul, as you know i`m having mms issues. My question is, can i install a Ir10 ROM onto my phone or will it cause problems?

Hiya.

You'll need to wipe between going Ir11->Ir10, but there shouldn't be any issues other than that per se!

Just trying an Orange SIM in mine now! Anyone else on Orange?

P

Guest johnboyw

Hiya.

You'll need to wipe between going Ir11->Ir10, but there shouldn't be any issues other than that per se!

Just trying an Orange SIM in mine now! Anyone else on Orange?

P

Nooooooooo not another wipe!! :P

I dont really want to go backwards.

Thanks for trying the Orange sim.

I have asked on XDA if anyone else is having a problem like this. We will see if its just a few of us with the problem.

Guest johnboyw

Crap, 3 Orange SIMs, 2 dead and the other one with no credit! Guess I best put some on...

P

:rolleyes: Typical eh?

I`m sorry to be putting you through all this trouble. I do appreciate it.

Edited by johnboyw

Guest PaulOBrien

OK, so SMS works on my SIM, but I 'broke' it by erasing the SMSC and then successfully reset. So... I...

• Did *#*#INFO#*#*
  • Scroll down to SMSC and hit 'refresh'
  • Remove the entry in there and enter '0791449737019037'
  • Hit 'update'
  • Now when you hit 'refresh' the cursor should return to the front but the number should stay the same
  • Send a test SMS

I did this and successfully sent a message.

P

Guest jay84uk

Hi Paul,

I'm no Orange. Input the smsc number and hit refresh all seemed OK but then when I go back into settings there is nothing there. No luck sending MMS either (I don't send many so didn't notice this issue)

ps is it worth me baking a new ROM or are you planning more changes this afternoon?

Thanks

Guest johnboyw

OK, so SMS works on my SIM, but I 'broke' it by erasing the SMSC and then successfully reset. So... I...

• Did *#*#INFO#*#*
  • Scroll down to SMSC and hit 'refresh'
  • Remove the entry in there and enter '0791449737019037'
  • Hit 'update'
  • Now when you hit 'refresh' the cursor should return to the front but the number should stay the same
  • Send a test SMS

I did this and successfully sent a message.

P

Nope :(

Could it be my APN settings? I have wiped them and reinstalled them from the Orange website, so i cant see it been that.

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul,

I'm no Orange. Input the smsc number and hit refresh all seemed OK but then when I go back into settings there is nothing there. No luck sending MMS either (I don't send many so didn't notice this issue)

ps is it worth me baking a new ROM or are you planning more changes this afternoon?

Thanks

So you input the number and do 'update' but when you refresh it's not there right?

No further changes planned this afternoon.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Nope :(

Could it be my APN settings? I have wiped them and reinstalled them from the Orange website, so i cant see it been that.

APN settings will only affect MMS, not SMS.

Does seem like this problem has occurred for other people on other ROMs tho...!

P

Guest Christopher Olekas

So you input the number and do 'update' but when you refresh it's not there right?

P

Do you have another phone to try it in?

Guest johnboyw

APN settings will only affect MMS, not SMS.

Does seem like this problem has occurred for other people on other ROMs tho...!

P

Ah not sure if you noticed but its only mms i am having issues with. Still get service not activated on network.

Followed your instructions. Mine did exactly as yours did. The number is still there now. It just wont send mms...

Guest PaulOBrien

Ah not sure if you noticed but its only mms i am having issues with. Still get service not activated on network.

Followed your instructions. Mine did exactly as yours did. The number is still there now. It just wont send mms...

I added the CyanogenMod APN list to the kitchen as an option, perhaps the MMS settings from this will work better (after installing, select 'reset to default' in your APN settings).

If you want to install it without rebaking, download from here - http://cl.ly/0A3Z0x2K0S1i1d0X1k1N - and push to /system/etc/.

P

Guest johnboyw

I added the CyanogenMod APN list to the kitchen as an option, perhaps the MMS settings from this will work better (after installing, select 'reset to default' in your APN settings).

If you want to install it without rebaking, download from here - http://cl.ly/0A3Z0x2K0S1i1d0X1k1N - and push to /system/etc/.

P

No no thats fine i need a rebake anyway. Get rid of the google search box!

I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for helping me out.

Guest lanxinger

Anybody else having problems with Franco Kernel Governors to stick after reboots? It always default to francoturtle and 400 to 1000mhz. I had it set on francogazelle 400 to 1350. I now make it stick through SetCPU but it used to work but just checking the box in the Franco Utility. Could this be a 4.0.4 issue since Franco is designed for 4.0.3 and thus putting the necessary bootup files in the wrong place?

Guest PaulOBrien

No no thats fine i need a rebake anyway. Get rid of the google search box!

I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for helping me out.

Nova Launcher is the best way to do that.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Anybody else having problems with Franco Kernel Governors to stick after reboots? It always default to francoturtle and 400 to 1000mhz. I had it set on francogazelle 400 to 1350. I now make it stick through SetCPU but it used to work but just checking the box in the Franco Utility. Could this be a 4.0.4 issue since Franco is designed for 4.0.3 and thus putting the necessary bootup files in the wrong place?

Pretty unlikely, one to raise with franco...

P

Guest jay84uk

P

When I hit refresh it's there. If i go out of settings then back in the number is gone. I'd expect it to stay. Thanks I will bake new ROM now.

Guest PaulOBrien

When I hit refresh it's there. If i go out of settings then back in the number is gone. I'd expect it to stay. Thanks I will bake new ROM now.

It is gone when you go in, but when you hit refresh it should appear.

P