4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Ah, is your phone rooted and running custom ROM. Orange do that in the UK but on my desire once I was running CM7 all worked OK. My Nexus isn't branded so I have never had any problems. I'd have thought Paul's ROM would address this already.

Guest mikekid7

Ah, is your phone rooted and running custom ROM. Orange do that in the UK but on my desire once I was running CM7 all worked OK. My Nexus isn't branded so I have never had any problems. I'd have thought Paul's ROM would address this already.

Yes rooted. I have a custom MoDaCo LTE Rom installed. But no Native Tethering. Maybe in the next Update...We Will See...

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by mikekid7

Yes rooted. I have a custom MoDaCo LTE Rom installed. But no Native Tethering. Maybe in the next Update...We Will See...

Thanks for the replies.

Wish I could be of more help. Have you tired the app that Koush put together? Here it is http://bit.ly/yL3iq8 :-) good luck

Edited by jmagee

Guest PaulOBrien

Oh OK, wasn't aware of that, but will post them up for you to checkout shortly. Am very happy if you would like to use them in the kitchen Have to say, that is a very smart feature, does it check for mods at each bootup?

Yes...

P

Guest PaulOBrien

OK so now on the pre beta 3 I seem to be back to getting system.ui stopped working popping up again. Any suggestions what could have caused the pop up to reappear? Anyone else getting this issue?

Could you send me your logcat covering when the popular appears?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I am running franco.Kernel.

Would a last_kmsg file help any?

Or is there a way to dump a live logcat over WiFi while connecting the HDMI cable?

Cheers

Stewart

Could do?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Thanks for the replies.

Which mod were you trying to use to enable it?

P

Could you send me your logcat covering when the popular appears?

P

OK I will next time it happens. It does seem to create these bug reports when it happens if they tell you anything? I have 3 of these.. recently wiped the folder as you mentioned the pop up could be due to existing reports not sent.

bugreport-2012-02-15-19-42-061.txt

Guest StuMcBill

Could do?

P

I never got a last_kmsg, but I posted a couple of logcats a few posts ago? They any help?

When it reboots, should I just copy the last_kmsg file as soon as the phone boots? (Its in /proc/ right?)

Edited by StuMcBill

I bought a membership to the online kitchen and baked a 4.0.4 GSM Rom and the GPS will not work. Whenever I try to load GPS Status the phone reboots and within maps it won't ever pickup my location. I re-baked a few to see if it was just a random error, but everyone has this same problem. Any idea Paul?

Stock Kernel and UGKK7 Radio

Edited by 8802

I bought a membership to the online kitchen and baked a 4.0.4 GSM Rom and the GPS will not work. Whenever I try to load GPS Status the phone reboots and within maps it won't ever pickup my location. I re-baked a few to see if it was just a random error, but everyone has this same problem. Any idea Paul?

Stock Kernel and UGKK7 Radio

Not seen that one before. Did you do a full wipe before install? Probably worth updating your radio too.

Guest MacAllan

One related question... why would you ever want to toggle GPS bearing in mind it's off until you launch an app that uses it?

P

Well, maybe it's an old habbit since had problem with a wether app trying to sync indoors with gps.

It couldn't and drained my battry :( , guess i have to try it again..

Another question, would it be possiblem to have Apex launcher as an alternative in kitchen?

I find smoother then Nova and i don't know how to create a zip to add it my self since i have no idea how to create the META-INF folder and the stuff inside it :(

Edit:

Hmm, looks like i missunderstand this about the zip file.

After reading the topic about it i understand it like i don't need the META-INF folder, i only need to create the system/app structure and place the APK file in app folder, am i correct? :)

Edited by MacAllan

Not seen that feature before?

P

Hi Paul - It's a feature in some other ROMs. If you hold down the back button within an app (or even the launcher), it will kill the app after around 2 seconds or so. Extremely useful when an app stops responding! Thanks!

Ben

Guest seakins

Have you made any tweaks to the ROM? I can add an account with FB sync and it stays (altho I too use HaxSync!)

P

Thanks, haxsync worked like a charm.

Was starting to pull my hair out after flashing 6 new bakes from the kitchen and it still not syncing.

Guest StuMcBill

OK Paul,

Another few bits and pieces regarding the MHL issue.

I have attached a fresh logcat log, which goes up to when the HDMI cable is connected and the device reboots.

When the phone reboots, it cannot get past the "Google" splash screen, however, it seems to get to the point where it would begin to show the bootanimation and the device seems to try to send a signal to the screen, which is shown in the attached picture. The phone then vibrates, goes back to the "Google" splash screen, and "No Signal" is displayed on the TV Screen.

The above cycle then repeats until the HDMI cable is disconnected.

I have also attached the last_kmsg file which I copied immediately after the device rebooted.

Hopefully this will be of some help.

Cheers

Stewart

post-678930-0-31654500-1329386476_thumb.

mhllogcat16022012.txt

last_kmsg.txt

Guest johnboyw

OK Paul,

Another few bits and pieces regarding the MHL issue.

I have attached a fresh logcat log, which goes up to when the HDMI cable is connected and the device reboots.

When the phone reboots, it cannot get past the "Google" splash screen, however, it seems to get to the point where it would begin to show the bootanimation and the device seems to try to send a signal to the screen, which is shown in the attached picture. The phone then vibrates, goes back to the "Google" splash screen, and "No Signal" is displayed on the TV Screen.

The above cycle then repeats until the HDMI cable is disconnected.

I have also attached the last_kmsg file which I copied immediately after the device rebooted.

Hopefully this will be of some help.

Cheers

Stewart

Hi regarding theses MHL cables, which ones do people recommend?

Guest Lupus77

It is possible to turn vibrate off for menubuttons (back, home ...)? Can't find any options for this. Maybe this would be something nice for the kitchen.

Edited by Lupus77

Guest StuMcBill

It is possible to turn vibrate off for menubuttons (back, home ...)? Can't find any options for this. Maybe this would be something nice for the kitchen.

Its in System Settings / Sound (for some reason)

"Vibrate On Touch".

Stewart

Guest Lupus77

Its in System Settings / Sound (for some reason)

"Vibrate On Touch".

Stewart

Lol, I never looked under sound. Well hidden :D I have turned it off now, thank you very much!

Guest masterpfa

Hi Paul - It's a feature in some other ROMs. If you hold down the back button within an app (or even the launcher), it will kill the app after around 2 seconds or so. Extremely useful when an app stops responding! Thanks!

Ben

+1

I agree a nice feature that would be appreciated

cool.gif

Guest PhilNelwyn

Hey everybody!

Before going into the "baking/downloading/wiping/flashing/restoring" process, I'd like to know if there's a multitouch issue in this rom.

Please, could anyone check if the multitouch is broken in games like GTAIII, Shadowgun or Reckless Racing 2 (etc...), or with a touchscreen status application ?

And also with the charger plugged in...?

Thank you.

Edit - nevermind, looks like 4.0.4 patch this.

Edited by PhilNelwyn