4 Apr Ir13 (IMM76D / 4.0.4 / CDMA + GSM): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Adrien C.

I found that focusing is just like the other roms. When opened, the camera take a while to focus, and if you move it, it needs to refocus.

Still is pretty quick saving pictures, but the instant shutter is lost.

Paul, Isn't there a way to get the camera files from the stock rom so we can keep this functionality?

By the way, I had issues installing. Boot took forever and checking on logcat, I noticed that it was stuck on a loop.

I'm not sure if it was Avast fault, but the solution?

Reflash stock rom with Galaxy Nexus Toolkit, install Clockwork Recovery and then flash MoDaCo Custom ROM.

First boot was pretty quick.

Guest voicelady

Read the OP, where it says "Installation" followed by "To install this ROM". You flash one zip depending on whether you have a GSM or CDMA phone, or use the kitchen. It is all explained under "Installation".

Guest voicelady

I've never used the kitchen. So I will try that. I just subscribed. I'm just nervous about breaking my phone. Is there less of a chance of breaking the phone if I don't change the kernel? And then the instructions say to install in two parts, but I only see one download for CDMA. And my last question is, is it better to install from my pc, or can I install directly from my phone browser?

Guest orangeman2003

Hi guys,

Thanks paul for this rom, its great

My only 2 main reasons for not using it atm is no toggle bars on the notification menu and no way to move nav buttons around on the phone. Id like to have HOME / RECENT / BACK instead on having to have BACK / HOME / RECENT but cannot find a way to change this like i could with my last rom so i have reverted back. Also i find the customization in this rom to have alot less than others i have tried but wouldnt keep me away if the other 2 issues i had were implemented

Will keep an eye out on your updates and hope to see these 2 features soon :)

Many thanks

Edited by orangeman2003

Guest lollo1927

I've never used the kitchen. So I will try that. I just subscribed. I'm just nervous about breaking my phone. Is there less of a chance of breaking the phone if I don't change the kernel? And then the instructions say to install in two parts, but I only see one download for CDMA. And my last question is, is it better to install from my pc, or can I install directly from my phone browser?

I can not understand what you mean.

First you need to have your phone with root permissions, the unlocked bootloader and a recovery (see the instructions on the first page of MoDaCo).

You can now create the ROM, GSM or CDMA, with or without modified kernel, and download it, either by PC or by phone.

The kitchen will download a single file. Zip you need to copy the phone's memory, then restart the phone in recovery mode, install the new rom and you're done.

P. S. Before installing I suggest you do a wipe Date, Factory and Dalvick, all from recovery.

Good luck ...

Guest Walker Street

Hi, on pre-lr3 trackball alert comp. is broken again ?

Thanks

Maybe try light flow. I'm on Ir12 (not pre-Ir13) and light flow works.

Guest voicelady

I can not understand what you mean.

First you need to have your phone with root permissions, the unlocked bootloader and a recovery (see the instructions on the first page of MoDaCo).

You can now create the ROM, GSM or CDMA, with or without modified kernel, and download it, either by PC or by phone.

The kitchen will download a single file. Zip you need to copy the phone's memory, then restart the phone in recovery mode, install the new rom and you're done.

P. S. Before installing I suggest you do a wipe Date, Factory and Dalvick, all from recovery.

Good luck ...

Guest voicelady

Hello,

I know I have to flash core first. So how do I do that? I am a beginner. I downloaded my file from the kitchen and I checked the core box and all the ingredients I wanted. But if it comes in one file, how to I do it seperately? Should I install one of the two files that are listed above the kitchen? I hope I am making sense..thanks for the help:)

Guest Adrien C.

Just found out that BAMF rom have "Modified camera to have all 4.0.3 bugfixes without continual auto-focus"

I'm gonna flash it now to check if instant shutter works as in stock 4.0.2.

If it does, what would I need to do to get what's needed for MoDaCo's?

---

update: nevermind, although it's better, not as fast as stock.

Edited by Adrien C.

Guest timbck2

I used the Kitchen to generate a custom ROM, then when I flashed it apps started FCing left and right. Luckily, I made a Nandroid backup just before flashing so I was able to go back to the generic MoDaCo Ir12 I had installed before.

Guest voicelady

Hello,

I am a beginner. I installed the rom on my phone using the cdma link above the kitchen, My phone just stayed on the bootup screen for 7 minutes. So I pulled the battery and went back to stock. I also would like to know what you mean by flashing in two parts. I was going to do a custom rom using the kitchen, but am unsure about how to do in two parts. Thanks for the help. I am very new at this:)

Guest voicelady

I had the same result. I am still trying to flash. I am a beginner and my phone was rooted the same way:)

Just attempted to install the MaDaCo ROM, I noticed that we are now installing just one file for the prebake. After following the install instructions my phone will not boot past the loading animation with the color tiles rotating? Any one have this result? I hope my phone isn't toast. Prior to installing this ROM the phone was unlocked and rooted with the WugFresh Toolkit, I had ICS 4.0.4 running successfully. Any help would be much appreciated as my phone is useless at this point and I am new to the Android ROM scene.

Guest Puzzlegirl

I had the same result. I am still trying to flash. I am a beginner and my phone was rooted the same way:)

So you have the cdma zip file on your phone. G

Guest Puzzlegirl

sorry, submitted too early :P

Go into clockwork mod (you should back up current ROM).

Wipe data/factory reset, then wipe Dalvik cache (just to be sure you get a clean install).

Choose install zip from sd card.

Flash, reboot and there you go

Edited by Puzzlegirl

Guest millerliteguy

Hey Paul,

Love your ROMS - Just wanted to know which radio you think is best for a GSM Galaxy Nexus on Tmobile in the US - I'm running the Franco stable kernel

Guest voicelady

Yes. Thanks for the help. I tried flashing with just the zip cdma file rather than the kitchen bake, and the boot screen just kept looping for 10 minutes, so I pulled the battery and went back to stock. I want to use the kitchen bake, but what I am trying to understand is how do you flash in 2 parts if there is one file to download?

And did you read the next post? Sorry, it was late and my device was misbehaving. I was trying to help...

Guest ajm144k

Considering buying a membership and trying the kitchen. Here's why I haven't yet, can anyone help out on these:

• would definitely like the quad lockscreen, but dont see it as an option in the kitchen. how can I get that baked in? Can't seem to find an apk to try to bake/replace in kitchen. (latest ones have options for colors, custom wallpapers too)
  • would definitely like the notification toggles, but not sure if it's in there.... can anyone advise?
  • camera shutter speed like stock would be great, but it seems like this is just a negative we have to take with custom roms at the moment...

think that's it... ideas?

Edited by ajm144k

Guest Puzzlegirl

Yes. Thanks for the help. I tried flashing with just the zip cdma file rather than the kitchen bake, and the boot screen just kept looping for 10 minutes, so I pulled the battery and went back to stock. I want to use the kitchen bake, but what I am trying to understand is how do you flash in 2 parts if there is one file to download?

Well, I don't know! I believe there is only 1 part now. I think I first flashed the prebake in 1 step... I do use the kitchen now though and that is definitely one zip file. So long as you do all the wipes, it should flash with no problem. Hope you get it sorted out: this is a great ROM. Perhaps someone else can help you out if you're still getting problems. Good luck :D

Guest voicelady

Hello,

I am a beginner and I would like to know how to flash the rom in 2 parts if there is just one file to download in the kitchen? And are the pre-bakes the 2 zip files that are above the kitchen? Are those the one to flash in 2 parts and if so how to do it? Any help is appreciated. I tried flashing the CDMA zipfile and it just stayed the boot screen for 10 minutes so I pulled the battery and went back to stock.

Hey Paul,

Love your ROMS - Just wanted to know which radio you think is best for a GSM Galaxy Nexus on Tmobile in the US - I'm running the Franco stable kernel

Guest voicelady

Thanks:) I will try. So the pre- bake is the CDMA zip file? Just double checking. I am so new...lol

Well, I don't know! I believe there is only 1 part now. I think I first flashed the prebake in 1 step... I do use the kitchen now though and that is definitely one zip file. So long as you do all the wipes, it should flash with no problem. Hope you get it sorted out: this is a great ROM. Perhaps someone else can help you out if you're still getting problems. Good luck :D

Guest Puzzlegirl

Thanks:) I will try. So the pre- bake is the CDMA zip file? Just double checking. I am so new...lol

I believe so! Well I first flashed the GSM one and it worked like a charm. Go for it!

Guest voicelady

Hello,

Were you able to flash the rom? The same thing happened to me twice. The first time I used the CDMA zip file above the kitchen. The 2nd time I used the custom rom in the kitchen. Same thing happened.Any help is appreciated. I am new...

I pulled the battery, went into recovery mode, did a factory wipe and data then re installed the rom .zip file again. Could someone please help a newbie out?