Apps not working

Guest declanc

Guest declanc

So far, I have found the following apps that do not work correctly :

I guess this is either incompatability with ICS or the display resolution on the Nexus ?

Tweetcaster - renders weirdly and doesnt connect to twitter

Viber (Opens then disappears - no FC as such, just nothing happens)

SMS Backup+ (FC all the time)

Anyone else got others ?

Guest Chris Jenx

Aye,

Facebook and its Sync fubar'd.

Saying that the FB app is shocking anyway so i sort of expected it.

So far, I have found the following apps that do not work correctly :

I guess this is either incompatability with ICS or the display resolution on the Nexus ?

Tweetcaster - renders weirdly and doesnt connect to twitter

Viber (Opens then disappears - no FC as such, just nothing happens)

SMS Backup+ (FC all the time)

Anyone else got others ?

Skype doesn't seem to be able to access the camera, tried playing about with it earlier. Can still launch the camera to allow taking a profile picture and handle voice just no video

Android market place???

Another one I have just noticed. My device isn't seen as being in the UK. Is this due to the root process? I can't download any apps e.g. BBC iPlayer, News etc. that seem to be country specific. Still no google music either though :-(

Android market place???

Another one I have just noticed. My device isn't seen as being in the UK. Is this due to the root process? I can't download any apps e.g. BBC iPlayer, News etc. that seem to be country specific. Still no google music either though :-(

Google Music is US only.

BBC iPlayer and News have been reported incompatible, possible BBC have removed the possibility to install it from the market?

Otherwise try MarketEnabler and compare your operator code to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code

Android market place???

Search Google for 'getting Google music working outside of the us' There is a work around which I have successfully managed to do and I now have Google music set up and working, I'm from the UK as well :)

Guest mamoulian

Oddly, I already have 'Music' installed, it's not listed in my Market 'My apps' or 'Downloaded' in the applications settings, and it won't let me uninstall it but there's a 'Disable' button instead.

UK model, bought from a Three store.

It asked me if I wanted to sync with my (already set up from my old phone) Google Music account, I said yes and off it went.

But you should be able to get it using Market Enabler, just go for Verizon or T-Mobile US.

iPlayer doesn't show up for me either :-( Does the Market know if you're rooted and filter based on that?

Maybe it relies on components of Flash, which haven't been ported to ICS/GN yet.

Titanium Backup has just been updated with ICS support.

To my surprise Asphalt 6 works, just downloaded it from the Market and it's fine, it didn't on my DHD. Although it now says 'Asphalt 6 HD', I'm not sure the one on my DHD was the 'HD' version, I've tried Titanium-backuping my save data but it isn't used as the package names are different, any chance there might be a way to get this to work?

NOVA2 isn't having any of it, just tells me it's not compatible even without trying.

Thanks for the feedback. I know music is only for the US however I thought as I was being told BBC stuff is not available it might think I was in the US.

I have installed BBC apps as I backup the asec file from my Desire so can just grap the apk from there, although iPlayer doesn't work the news app does.

If anyone wants it tweet me @jay84uk