Orange Monte Carlo Error (status 7)

Guest project_tt

Guest project_tt

hi

can any one help me here...

i now have 2 x monte carlo that i can do nothing with .

i followed the unlock instructions, and have unlocked over 40 phones so far with success...

but i have 2 phones that display E: error in /sdcard/GB_BP_P743V.0.0B01-update_signed.zip (status 7) installation aborted.

i have tried everything i think, even flashed stock oragnge rom back onto them, but each time i install clockwork

and wipe data/ factory reset ...... wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache

then try to install zip from sdcard i get the E: error in /sdcard/GB_BP_P743V.0.0B01-update_signed.zip (status 7) installation aborted.

its not the sdcard because i have used them in other phones ....

any one got any idea ?

hi

can any one help me here...

i now have 2 x monte carlo that i can do nothing with .

i followed the unlock instructions, and have unlocked over 40 phones so far with success...

but i have 2 phones that display E: error in /sdcard/GB_BP_P743V.0.0B01-update_signed.zip (status 7) installation aborted.

i have tried everything i think, even flashed stock oragnge rom back onto them, but each time i install clockwork

and wipe data/ factory reset ...... wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache

then try to install zip from sdcard i get the E: error in /sdcard/GB_BP_P743V.0.0B01-update_signed.zip (status 7) installation aborted.

its not the sdcard because i have used them in other phones ....

any one got any idea ?

Which recovery are you using?

Guest philmein

CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.4

if this is wrong can you tell me which to use and where i can get file and how to flash ?

i have had this error have you used evilmontel 2.3.5 rom because that what seemed to cause the error for me

once i went back to bluemonte/cm7 alls been ok im hoping its a rom thing coz its a pain

btw nandroids backups always seem to work ok

slightly different error 7 than i was getting tho you may just need to update cwm to 4.0.1.5

try a different rom and also make sure system is not mounted with cwm

Edited by philmein

Guest project_tt

just put CWM recovery v4.0.1.5 on to the skate,

i am still getting the same error.

assert failed : write_raw_image (" /tmp/recovery.image" , "recovery")

E: error in /sdcard/GB_BP_P743V.0.0B01-update_signed.zip (status 7) installation aborted.

why are things never easy..... i have tried other roms too... nothing will seem to go onto these phones

help ... help

just put CWM recovery v4.0.1.5 on to the skate,

i am still getting the same error.

E: error in /sdcard/GB_BP_P743V.0.0B01-update_signed.zip (status 7) installation aborted.

why are things never easy..... i have tried other roms too... nothing will seem to go onto these phones

help ... help

That is a Stock ROM if I'm not mistaken, so it will flash a stock recovery.

My suggestion: open the rom zip, go to META-INF/com/google/android and open updater-script with notepad++ and delete:

# write the recovery partition.

show_progress(0.3, 0);

ui_print("Writing recovery partition...");

format("MTD", "recovery");

assert(package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/tmp/recovery.img"), write_raw_image("/tmp/recovery.img", "recovery"), delete("/tmp/recovery.img"));

show_progress(0.3, 10);

If you need the stock recovery, you can extract it from the rom's zip and flash with fastboot.

Edited by D3abL3

Guest project_tt

here is a question

how can i make this file GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01-update_signed.zip into a format i can use with FTM_flash_tools

because the lay out of the files in the zip folder are different to the file lay out of when you drop other stock roms into files folder in FTM_flash_tools

if anyone know what i mean ?

i can flash with FTM_flash_tools but i want to use this rom

GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01

anyone know where i can get it ?

here is a question

how can i make this file GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01-update_signed.zip into a format i can use with FTM_flash_tools

because the lay out of the files in the zip folder are different to the file lay out of when you drop other stock roms into files folder in FTM_flash_tools

if anyone know what i mean ?

i can flash with FTM_flash_tools but i want to use this rom

GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01

anyone know where i can get it ?

That one specific I don't know, but you have here a list of stock roms:

Hope it helps...

Guest project_tt

just thought i would let you all know that i sorted this issue....

here is what i did

obviously i have more than 1 monte carlo...

i installed GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01-update_signed.zip with clockwork successfully onto one monte carlo

then using clockwork i made a back up of this phone onto the sdcard.

i then took a monte carlo that i could not install GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01-update_signed.zip onto because of the

error i kept getting on this phone.

with clockwork installed on this phone (error phone) i did a restore with the backup i made from the other monte carlo (none error phone)

and hey presto it worked ..... but then i got the no mac address message when enableing wifi

so i then put the phone into recovery and opened QPST and restored the DEADD00D_18.qcn file

turned the phone back on and everything was working and unlocked with the rom i choose to use. GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01-update_signed.zip

if any one can see a huge problem with this, or something i might have overlooked .... please post

or if all is good and you want the back up files from the sd card let me know and i will upload for you ....

cheers all for help and ideas

Guest TouchyAndalou

I keep getting this error when trying to install any rom that has a recovery.img included. The only way I can get it to install is to delete the recovery.img and follow the instructions D3abL3 posted in post #6 of this thread.

Does anybody know why only certain users are having this problem? I'm using clockwork v4.0.1.4. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
Guest cryoglobe

how am i supposed to use that

any info would be cool

Same question .. I would like to re-install a stock rom on my Skate , to send it back to the support ( GPS issue , that suddenly is not working anymore )

But also have the error and installation aborted message

How to flash using the tool ?