Flashing LED not working?

Guest Andi Desire

Guest Andi Desire

Just received my standard (not-rooted yet) GN today

I've installed handcent and trying to get the flashing LED to work, am i missing something?

whenever i get a missed call, email or text, the LED doesn't flash, do i need a change a setting somewhere?

Sorry if im being dumb

Thanks

Guest andrewpmoore

I've heard some reports of controlling the led working with my app in the market - Light Flow (or Light Flow lite)

I would be interested to hear if that works for you.

Guest Luirawr

In settings go to display and then ensure that the "pulse notification light" is ticked. Should work after that :) if not download "lightflow" and test it on there :)

Guest andrewpmoore

Lightflow worked perfectly so will be purchasing the full app, thanks very much

Thanks for your support and glad it's working for you. Even more so because I'm getting a Galaxy Nexus myself. I just wish three uk would budge a little on price!

Guest andrewpmoore

Another vote for light flow. Amazing app giving just the customisations I'm used to from Cyanogen.A must have for new Nexus owners!

Thanks. I've picked my Galaxy Nexus up today, so I'll be having a play to see if I can add any new cool features to lightflow for the it. I always put a little more effort into getting new features working on the phone I have :-)

Having the same issue but got it working with LightFlow. Still strange that not even the core apps seem to trigger the LED notification. Also, strangely, when it does light up, it lights up as a colour wheel as opposed to a single colour. Again, this is withouth Lightflow; that works perfectly. Great job andrewpmoore!

Guest andrewpmoore

Having the same issue but got it working with LightFlow. Still strange that not even the core apps seem to trigger the LED notification. Also, strangely, when it does light up, it lights up as a colour wheel as opposed to a single colour. Again, this is withouth Lightflow; that works perfectly. Great job andrewpmoore!

Thanks. I'm glad to see the galaxy nexus supports having a solid notification light and faster flash rates than the nexus one. I'm therefore going to move the flash rate to be specific to the notification type and add some more speeds. I miss having a dedicated solid charging/charged light that the nexus one had.