Cifs.ko Needed for Advent Vega!!!

Guest AminH

Hi Guys.

I have been reading up on how to share files between my Vega and my PC and found that the Cifs.ko file + cifsmanager is probably the best way.

So anyone know where i can get a "Cifs.ko" file for ADVENT Vega running Viewcomb 6.1 OR Vegacomb (Or Honey Ice)

i have tried all 3 of these roms and currently prefer Viewcomb because it feels snappier and less sluggish.

but i dont mind switching roms if i can get Cifs Working!!!!

Any help please?

Cheers

<br />Hi Guys.<br /><br />I have been reading up on how to share files between my Vega and my PC and found that the Cifs.ko file + cifsmanager is probably the best way.<br /><br />So anyone know where i can get a &quot;Cifs.ko&quot; file for ADVENT Vega running Viewcomb 6.1 OR Vegacomb (Or Honey Ice)<br /><br />i have tried all 3 of these roms and currently prefer Viewcomb because it feels snappier and less sluggish.<br /><br />but i dont mind switching roms if i can get Cifs Working!!!!<br /><br /><br />Any help please?<br /><br />Cheers<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i have no ideda what a Cifs.Ko file is but i can confirm i can mount shares using cifsmanager on vegacomb (latest version i forget what that is)

Hi. I i've just updated to version 3.2.7 of Honey Ice and I cannot get cifs manager to work. Its keep saying failed. I believe it has something to do with the latest kernel version and I have no idea how to fix it with out some other people's help with building a new cifs.ko file for this kernel.

Can you please help cass or Eduardo or anyone else who is uber at kernel knowledge.

Thanks

Guest simonta

Hi. I i've just updated to version 3.2.7 of Honey Ice and I cannot get cifs manager to work. Its keep saying failed. I believe it has something to do with the latest kernel version and I have no idea how to fix it with out some other people's help with building a new cifs.ko file for this kernel.

Can you please help cass or Eduardo or anyone else who is uber at kernel knowledge.

Thanks

You're better off reporting this on the Honey Ice thread on Tabletroms. Kernel types don't generally hang out in these forums apart from the stickied kernel thread at the top.

I assume that you've checked whether you actually have cifs.ko on your Vega and inspected logcat when you attempt to connect?

You could also try copying cifs.ko from a ROM you know works onto your Vega, then using ADB or a terminal emulator:

insmod <path to cifs.ko>/cifs.ko

This will insert the module into the kernel at run time but it may not work for the specific kernel in Honey Ice unless support for it is compiled in.

If it does work, you could set up a boot time script to insert it on each boot.

Guest Greyowl

Personally I use Samba Filesharing available in the market for free, the Vega show`s up as a folder on my wireless network, so you just drag and drop :-)

I also use a PC program called Allway Sync, file synchronisation so a particular drive or folder can be automatically intelligently synchronised both ways between PC and Tablet. I use this for my work invoices and report sheets so that they`re always automatically up to date on my Vega and PC :-)

Thanks

Did you update to 3.2.7 beta 2b? I am usint that version and i have no problems using cifs manager to connect to my shares on my ubuntu server. So perhaps you have some other problem, perhaps an connection problem?

Sent from my VegaComb using Tapatalk