Liquid Next Rom 1.9.2 Huge Battery Drain

Guest Johnny Tutu

Guest Johnny Tutu

Good day.

I have been using LN ROM 1.9.2 on my Liquid E for a month or so. I normally keep my device plugged in at my desk but lately have been out of the office a lot. I had been running with the default "on demand" governor with default frequency settings, 768MHz max. I normally run with

Data and Sync on using 3G

Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth all off

phone on standby in my pocket.

I found that after two-3 hours unplugged my phone went from full charge to half, dead after 4-5 hours on standby.

Even in Airplane mode would maybe buy me an extra hour. A 10 minute phone conversation would take my battery down a good 30-40%.

After some research I:

recalibrated my battery

switched to undervolted kernel

switched to SmartAss v2 for governor.

The phone became very unstable (more so than usual, dropping calls)

I Performed a clean install of LN ROM 1.9.2

recalibrated the battery

switched to SmartAss v2

Data, sync, wifi, bluetooth, gps, 3g all off

2G only

With phone in standby in my pocket I went from full charge to 50% in under two hours.

What is going on? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for all the work on this ROM fellas. Aside from the short life and a little instability, its the best.

Guest Liqushi
Good day.

I have been using LN ROM 1.9.2 on my Liquid E for a month or so. I normally keep my device plugged in at my desk

Here's the problem.

Once the phone is charged is unuseful to keep it in. I usually charge my phone battery and let it discharge till 4-5% . When you're not using the phone it's advisable to let it in "discharging " mode, and not plugged in. Unless you know you have to left the office and it's better to get out with a full charged battery

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Guest fear_factory84

It could also be that you have an app open that enables a wake lock, so the phone never enter in low power mode.

Please post a screenshot of your battery stats when it drains a lot..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Johnny Tutu

The problem is that my battery was toast. I ordered a chinese replacement battery for $8 on ebay and now my acer goes and goes and goes.

From 6am to 9pm, without charging, default settings, 3g, data, sync on and my battery is still only half drained. Awesome.

As I recall it I dropped my phone in the hot tub about a year ago.

If you are having battery drain problem order a replacement battery.

Cheers.

Good day.

I have been using LN ROM 1.9.2 on my Liquid E for a month or so. I normally keep my device plugged in at my desk but lately have been out of the office a lot. I had been running with the default "on demand" governor with default frequency settings, 768MHz max. I normally run with

Data and Sync on using 3G

Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth all off

phone on standby in my pocket.

I found that after two-3 hours unplugged my phone went from full charge to half, dead after 4-5 hours on standby.

Even in Airplane mode would maybe buy me an extra hour. A 10 minute phone conversation would take my battery down a good 30-40%.

After some research I:

recalibrated my battery

switched to undervolted kernel

switched to SmartAss v2 for governor.

The phone became very unstable (more so than usual, dropping calls)

I Performed a clean install of LN ROM 1.9.2

recalibrated the battery

switched to SmartAss v2

Data, sync, wifi, bluetooth, gps, 3g all off

2G only

With phone in standby in my pocket I went from full charge to 50% in under two hours.

What is going on? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for all the work on this ROM fellas. Aside from the short life and a little instability, its the best.