Replacement cases / housing

Guest Roph

Guest oxyg3n89

lucky you! mine was not so easy to move from the bottom and on top was stuck completely! sounds good idea that you tried some vodka:))

also saw on youtube people using hair dryer does job for separating digitizers as 50-60 celcius temperature does melt glue.

Bought the white body replacement for my gray SF. Changing it was super easy - only harder part is the digitizer, but when you start from the bottom, the danger of breaking it is fairly minimal. I had to remove some glue from the digitizer afterwards - I think that alcohol (I used some russian vodka I had around at the time) is the best way to go - it removes the glue but didn't hurt the black paint on the glass. Overall I am very happy with my new OLED white SF. And the battery cover has much better fit now!!! Best money spent.

Guest shakerist

Bought the white body replacement for my gray SF. Changing it was super easy - only harder part is the digitizer, but when you start from the bottom, the danger of breaking it is fairly minimal. I had to remove some glue from the digitizer afterwards - I think that alcohol (I used some russian vodka I had around at the time) is the best way to go - it removes the glue but didn't hurt the black paint on the glass. Overall I am very happy with my new OLED white SF. And the battery cover has much better fit now!!! Best money spent.

Pictures??????

Edited by shakerist

Guest Watashi_PT

lucky you! mine was not so easy to move from the bottom and on top was stuck completely! sounds good idea that you tried some vodka:))

also saw on youtube people using hair dryer does job for separating digitizers as 50-60 celcius temperature does melt glue.

Pictures please :)

Guest ColinMCMXC

Thanks!

If is not asking too much, could you make a video or a couple of shots on how to change the digitizer?

That would be awesome, if not when mine arrives a will record my attemt

Guest shakerist

Tried to record what I did it was a crap video so i deleted it however I uploaded a video of me removing the digitizer with a hair dryer. Loving the new case :P but I have 2 problems, I think I did not remove the residue off the digitizer properly and i think that it is getting in the way of the proximity sensor as the purple circles had some residue on it, I didn't think it would effect it but it did so now my proximity sensor is not working which isnt that bad it just means the screen doesnt go off when making a call, My second nag is is that the menu, home and back key isnt fluch with the case its slightly more inwards, this isnt a big problem it just feels weird. I know have a sexy blade

Edited by shakerist

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...