[THEME]Black Android Theme by Nitroz[Release 2.0 LIVE!][18/12/11]

Guest Nitroz

Hello All!

This is my first post on this forum and decided to use this place as a primary source for my projects/themes.

Information

So, if most of you browse XDA you will know who I am, if you don't then lemme explain. Myself and a very, VERY talented themer called Pele made a theme called Black Android, and since then we have aimed to make it bigger and better each version we bring out. I made the theme for the Galaxy SII and I am proud to announce that I will be creating the theme for the Galaxy Nexus!.

From the looks of things this is the first ICS/GNexus theme which is pressuring.

The theme is now in the full release stages and will be uploading a new build every 3 days.

The theme will be compatible with the Android Revolution ROM & MoDaCo Custom ROM (I've personally tested on both, the rest is your choice)

Screenshots (Large screenshots)

iY4DP5KMzZ4ku.pngibc2bm61vCmWsT.pngizNnVuGDY2lhX.pngiJelFol9i7bhA.pngiSxJeMPx9fQm2.pngiBO9TuX2LHe53.pngibiewRxT4KfAJb.png

Downloads Section

Black Android Release 2 - http://www.multiupload.com/I1HAYREWNE

Edited by Nitroz

Welcome on board, look forward to trying out your work. Pssss it's more friendly here anyway.

Haha, well, thats always good :)

XDA was too constricting and felt like I couldn't do anything without a warning.

Theme is about 30% away from Alpha release. Will update the thread soon.

Nice to see you, to see you nice... looking forward to seeing this and installing it when I get mine...

Caspa! I remember you from the XDA forums :) I saw your post about you leaving because your work were supplying BlackBerries. So, I'm assuming you left? :P

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Caspa! I remember you from the XDA forums :) I saw your post about you leaving because your work were supplying BlackBerries. So, I'm assuming you left? :P

Yep, thats me buddy... Currently using a BB Bold 9900 and its killing me... Slowly but surely... Didnt leave (still check whats developing here and there) but dont frequent XDA like I used to! No need with a damn BB!!!

Work are supposed to be getting me a G-Nexus now, just waiting for them to be in stock at their supplier... Just hope they come through this time and I dont get done over at the last minute like I did with the S2!!!

Fan of the Black Android theme so looking forward to your work on the G-Nexus... Would have commented on some of your G+ posts but the big G still has my account suspended as I'm purportedly impersonating another individual!

I know it's only been a few days, how's it going?biggrin.gif

Well, so far, the Framework is themed and looking good. I still need to edit some XML's for the text colour.

I can't seem to decompile the SystemUI.apk so I'm asking for help with it...release 1 will be out this weekend.

I know it's only been a few days, how's it going?biggrin.gif

Well, so far, the Framework is themed and looking good. I still need to edit some XML's for the text colour.

I can't seem to decompile the SystemUI.apk so I'm asking for help with it...release 1 will be out this weekend.

I wish I could help but I'm useless lol

Take your time buddy, no rush.

I tried rushing work on the SGSII before, didn't go down well.

I need to take my time on this project and don't wanna release an update a day when I can make it all stable in one go.

THanks for the clarification :) Screenshots will be up HOPEFULLY tomorrow.

Guest tungmeister

I've hit a minor bump in development...I'm back to square one. ICS is alot like Honeycomb which is a pain.

What's the issue? I don't have that much knowledge of android I'm just interested.

What's the issue? I don't have that much knowledge of android I'm just interested.

Don't worry, fixed it now...I hope. It seems that if you changed the status bar clock colour, it changes EVERYTHING and all the apps go screwed up. I found a little trick that makes the phone thinks its still blue but its actually white :) Still ALOT of work to do though. But the hardest part is over.

Any updates on progress yet?

I'm on track to making a beta release today or tomorrow. I'm having problems compiling the SystemUI which I'm trying to fix.

I'm on track to making a beta release today or tomorrow. I'm having problems compiling the SystemUI which I'm trying to fix.

Many thanks for the update dude.. Lookin forward to checkin this theme out. One thing you may want to look in to. I heard when the reception i.e Hsdpa/3G and WIFI is unable to connect to google services it stay grey, once it connects to google services they turn blue. Perhaps people will moan about that if they can't tell when their connected.

Edited by Mklass

Many thanks for the update dude.. Lookin forward to checkin this theme out. One thing you may want to look in to. I heard when the reception i.e Hsdpa/3G and WIFI is unable to connect to google services it stay grey, once it connects to google services they turn blue. Perhaps people will moan about that if they can't tell when their connected.

Already working on it. Making it darker so people know :)