[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest hankhandsome

What exactly do you mean by 'fire up'?

I mean auto-scan. I turn on WiFi and nothing happens - it doesn't auto-scan for anything. then, after a few seconds, it just turns itself off again.

What type of Blade do you have?

according to mr pigfish, i have a GEN2 Blade.

Guest andy9876

Dear Fish and Chippers

Have used V2 of the rom for a day now and very pleased, particularly with BBC I Player. As with others I would also prefer to have the option of using the original keyboard with the dictionaries. If this could be added as an option in future releases I would be very grateful.

On appearance, the blue transparent tool bar is really nice but when you use the icon for Quick Settings it gives a very unlsightly black bar. It does this with other apps that stay loaded in the toolbar area.

On the way the rom works: does it display H for high speed 3G? I only seem to get 3G. Also does the WIFI sleep when the phone is in standyby and is there any way of forcing it to stay on?

Many thanks

and9876

Guest the_zip_master

Hi

I've just moved from GSF 22 to Fishnchips. I'm Very impressed with the ROM, but decided to swap over the MMS.apk from GSF because i prefer a black background for texting etc

Only problem I'm having is a constant GPS indication on the notification bar, even though the GPS has been disabled.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Keep up the good work.

Zip

Guest McScruff

Ihave used this rom for just under 48 hours. The battery life is good.

I dont use swype keyboard but thats because i have never tried it but its good as a default app. I also love the toggle buttons. I am also using nemus launcher

Pros:

Battery life, the graphics, the default apps, the speed, the nemus launcher as default, the opening animation of the fish and chips sign.

Cons:

Having to reinstall some apps to get them to update.

I love this rom and suites the way i use my phone

Great work guys! It seems that one reason we are all using Android is that it IS so configurable. It is therefore surely impossible to please all the people all of the time. Personally, I am using Go Launcher. I use the Go Launcher backup and Titanium to uninstall and reinstall what I need.

One idea I do have is prompted by the removal of some (ok one) of the notification sounds. Is it possible to set up a repository of sounds that could be flashed as required. Either individually as needed or say, A-D, E-H etc?

That said, keep up the good work!

Guest Rookie1205

HI,

Thanks to the authors, this rom is smooth and fast!

I just have a problem with the gps: if I boot with gps activated, it works, no problem.......... but if I desactivate it and try to activate it again, it does not work anymore until I reboot the phone....... Have somebody noticed the same issue??

For the keyboard, search 'keyboard from Android 2.3' in the market, you can then change the layout.......

Is anyone else having trouble adding a Facebook (or any other) account? I 'Add Account' but when I choose FB it dumps me back to the screen showing what accounts I currently have! Any ideas? Thanks!

Is anyone else having trouble adding a Facebook (or any other) account? I 'Add Account' but when I choose FB it dumps me back to the screen showing what accounts I currently have! Any ideas? Thanks!

in my Blade Facebook working fine...!

Guest sssingletrack

I'm going to try put together a theme in the stock blue colour for the Nemus launcher.

I'm not great on photoshop but it should look good once done. Could make a nice addition to the next rom, if it works.

Guest fedezubo

I'm going to try put together a theme in the stock blue colour for the Nemus launcher.

I'm not great on photoshop but it should look good once done. Could make a nice addition to the next rom, if it works.

a great theme is coming soon stay tuned, this week some screens will be here ;)

Guest JudasLucifer

I'd reccomend changing the fonts n system/font to something sexier

Clockopia is a horrible font IMO

The ubuntu font family is a safe bet as it is clean but still with a little something and also should not have any missing characters

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I was wondering, is it possible to have a standart looking theme without all the brigh collours for this rom?

I used to love the rls1 but im getting kinda tired of the bright collors already :P

Guest raverrr

I'd reccomend changing the fonts n system/font to something sexier

Clockopia is a horrible font IMO

The ubuntu font family is a safe bet as it is clean but still with a little something and also should not have any missing characters

rls1 was ubuntu bold. now that you mention it i didnt cange it in this one. will defo put it back tho. i totaly agree with you. some people swear by the stock font tho (n4y4nrules :) ).

Guest n4y4nrules

rls1 was ubuntu bold. now that you mention it i didnt cange it in this one. will defo put it back tho. i totaly agree with you. some people swear by the stock font tho (n4y4nrules :) ).

YEAH.

You better change it... :)

Guest raverrr

I was wondering, is it possible to have a standart looking theme without all the brigh collours for this rom?

I used to love the rls1 but im getting kinda tired of the bright collors already :P

i am making my own launcher based on the stock launcher. and it will be black and deep purple. i have a penchant to darker themes to. should be up in a few days.

Guest the_zip_master

I'm still having the same problem with the GPS notification symbol being displayed all the time. It's quite annoying since it has never happened with any other ROM.

The symbol is not present after a reboot

It appeards and flashes when GPS is enabled and it is trying to determine the phones location.

When GPS is disabled the symbol stops flashing, but does not disappear.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

Regards

Zip

Guest n4y4nrules

I'm still having the same problem with the GPS notification symbol being displayed all the time. It's quite annoying since it has never happened with any other ROM.

The symbol is not present after a reboot

It appeards and flashes when GPS is enabled and it is trying to determine the phones location.

When GPS is disabled the symbol stops flashing, but does not disappear.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

Regards

Zip

Personally, this has never happened to me. Have you tried reflashing the ROM just in case? :)

Out of interest, what type of Blade are you using?

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest the_zip_master

Personally, this has never happened to me. Have you tried reflashing the ROM just in case? :)

Out of interest, what type of Blade are you using?

Hi

I'm using an early Orange SF with OLED.

Will try a reflash and get back to you. It doesn't seem to effect the battery life, but the symbol sitting on the notification bar is a bit annoying :)

Zip

Guest n4y4nrules

Hi

I'm using an early Orange SF with OLED.

Will try a reflash and get back to you. It doesn't seem to effect the battery life, but the symbol sitting on the notification bar is a bit annoying :)

Zip

That's the exact same type of Blade that I am using in the Fish'N'Chips preview videos on Youtube:

Original OLED Orange San Francisco bought from my local Orange shop (UK)

RLS 1

RLS 2

I'm pretty sure you already know this, the_zip_master but, this to remind everyone else using our ROM.

REMEMBER TO:

Wipe Data/Factory Reset AND Cache AND THEN Wipe Dalvik Cache Before installing a ROM.

NO WIPE NO WHINE :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest the_zip_master

That's the exact same type of Blade that I am using in the Fish'N'Chips preview videos on Youtube:

Original OLED Orange San Francisco bought from my local Orange shop (UK)

RLS 1

RLS 2

I'm pretty sure you already know this, the_zip_master but, this to remind everyone else using our ROM.

REMEMBER TO:

Wipe Data/Factory Reset AND Cache AND THEN Wipe Dalvik Cache Before installing a ROM.

NO WIPE NO WHINE :)

Okay i found out what the problem (my problem...) was :)

I used titanium backup to restore the Launcher pro DATA from GSF 22 which must have corrupted something.

Fresh install and no messing around seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the swift response and great ROM

Zip

Guest n4y4nrules

Okay i found out what the problem (my problem...) was :)

I used titanium backup to restore the Launcher pro DATA from GSF 22 which must have corrupted something.

Fresh install and no messing around seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the swift response and great ROM

Zip

Excellent. Great news.

And cheers for the support mate.:lol: Glad you like Fish'N'Chips. :)

Incidentally, which is your favourite launcher? And why?

I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible from you guys (specifically launcher preferences) to help us with our work on RLS3 :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest raverrr

a great theme is coming soon stay tuned, this week some screens will be here ;)

N4y4nrules told me you were going to lend us a hand with themes :). i cant wait! if your art is anythhing to go by i'm sure it will be beautiful :)

Edited by raverrr