[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips RLS 3.2 >>> [GEN2]

Guest n4y4nrules

Guest n4y4nrules

I must say this rom is brillian i dont have words to discribe it is realy fast like Kers + DRS Fast :) I am using with adw lancher combined with ics theme from market http://market.androi...d=kov.theme.ics and it works really good. Here are my settings if somebody is interested

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Please report back with any errors or suggestions for newer releases.

Guest n4y4nrules

Titanium Backup is borked. I bought a pro key a while back and when i run the version pre-loaded here, it tells me it's NOT a pro version and directs me to the market to buy one.

and then refuses to restore anything !

Just uninstall titanium backup and reinstall it from market. Then I guarantee that it will work perfectly with your PRO key. :)

Guest n4y4nrules

just flashed this rom, its looking pretty good this far :D

Cool.

Just out of interest, are you using the PAID version of Launcher pro or the free one? :)

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Cool.

Just out of interest, are you using the PAID version of Launcher pro or the free one? :)

the free one, i still think its the quickest launcher out there ;)

Guest n4y4nrules

the free one, i still think its the quickest launcher out there ;)

I used the free version of Launcher Pro for almost 6 months. It was only 3 weeks ago I discovered Zeam launcher. And now I can't get enough of it. It's magic :)

It's basically a slightly cut down version of Launcher Pro but with NO ANNOYING "BUY ME" MESSAGES.

And it has loads of customizable settings that you need to pay for in Launcher Pro. It also works just as fast as Launcher Pro, in my opinion.

Have you tried the Fish'N'Chips ROM with the Zeam launcher built into it? I'd personally recommend it as a step up from using Launcher Pro.

I haven't looked back since. :P

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I used the free version of Launcher Pro for almost 6 months. It was only 3 weeks ago I discovered Zeam launcher. And now I can't get enough of it. It's magic :)

It's basically a slightly cut down version of Launcher Pro but with NO ANNOYING "BUY ME" MESSAGES.

And it has loads of customizable settings that you need to pay for in Launcher Pro. It also works just as fast as Launcher Pro, in my opinion.

Have you tried the Fish'N'Chips ROM with the Zeam launcher built into it? I'd personally recommend it as a step up from using Launcher Pro.

I haven't looked back since. :P

Hmm i might give it a try :D

Guest n4y4nrules

i just flashed the one with zeam launcher, it seems pretty fast

but i dont think there is a option to change icons is there?

True.

I don't think there is an option to change icons like in Launcher Pro.

https://market.andro...ils?id=org.zeam

Description: "The underdog minimalistic launcher for Android phones"

Personally, I just really like it because it is a FREE minimalist 'non-mainstream' type launcher as opposed to the all of the HEAVY, all singing all dancing ones that are knocking about (Go Launcher, Go Launcher EX, Launcher Pro etc...)

I just thought it matched the "Fast, Light and Stable" idea behind the ROM Fish'N'Chips.

Anyway, thanks for using our ROM. Hope it serves you well. Any suggestions, improvements. Just shout them out and we'll get on it as soon as possible. :)

Specifically, I'm stuck for new/better theme ideas at the moment. Anyone got any? Black and Yellow is all I can think of? :P

Guest raverrr

True.

I don't think there is an option to change icons like in Launcher Pro.

https://market.andro...ils?id=org.zeam

Description: "The underdog minimalistic launcher for Android phones"

Personally, I just really like it because it is a FREE minimalist 'non-mainstream' type launcher as opposed to the all of the HEAVY, all singing all dancing ones that are knocking about (Go Launcher, Go Launcher EX, Launcher Pro etc...)

I just thought it matched the "Fast, Light and Stable" idea behind the ROM Fish'N'Chips.

Anyway, thanks for using our ROM. Hope it serves you well. Any suggestions, improvements. Just shout them out and we'll get on it as soon as possible. :)

Specifically, I'm stuck for new/better theme ideas at the moment. Anyone got any? Black and Yellow is all I can think of? :P

How about we make a comedy theme :). Just for the fun of it. Stupidly bright add colourful :)

When you say "iplayer works like a dream" do you mean live streaming or catch up as I haven't been able to use catch up for a while (GSF r19). Does it work OK in your rom?

Guest n4y4nrules

When you say "iplayer works like a dream" do you mean live streaming or catch up as I haven't been able to use catch up for a while (GSF r19). Does it work OK in your rom?

It works fine off catchup in any web browser.

It's perfectly smooth even in the stock browser. :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

It works fine off catchup in any web browser.

It's perfectly smooth even in the stock browser. :)

Not on r19. unless I am missing a setting to lower the quality. Its just choppy. I will try your rom instead

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I think i had some bug this afternoon, the phone rebooted on gps navigation.

I dint test it again after tho, i went back to my old rom cuz i needed the navigation.

Ill flash the rom again and see if i can reproduce the crash.

For ideas maybe a notification area energy widget for tuning of/on wifi data and that kind of stuff

Edited by ManMetDeHamer

Guest n4y4nrules

I think i had some bug this afternoon, the phone rebooted on gps navigation.

I dint test it again after tho, i went back to my old rom cuz i needed the navigation.

Ill flash the rom again and see if i can reproduce the crash.

For ideas maybe a notification area energy widget for tuning of/on wifi data and that kind of stuff

Navigation and Maps have worked absolutely fine over the last 2 weeks. The only slight issue is when you 1st open after the 1st boot of the ROM, Navigation may close on you.

Make sure you access Navigation through the Google Maps app the very first time you use it. After that you can access the Navigation app directly. :)

All you have to do the first time you want to use Navigation:

1. make sure you have a working data connection and GPS signal AND make sure that USE WIRELESS NETWORKS box is ticked (Settings/Location & security settings/)

2.Then open up MAPS. And type a destination in the search maps bar and search for it.

3. Press the menu button, then Directions then Get directions

4. Press Navigate and a disclaimer box should appear. Press Agree.

5. Now Navigation will work fine through the Google Maps app AND directly through the Navigation app. :)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest n4y4nrules

Nope, doesn't work on yours either

I believe that the BBC have removed the option for Low quality video streaming on BBCiPlayer. This is probably the reason for the choppy video you are getting.

Guest n4y4nrules

So how are you getting it to "run like a dream "?

Have edited original post. :)

Was working perfectly when we tested it but can't speak for what the BBC did at their end.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Hopefully there may be a solution some time soon.

I've found an interesting discussion on xda developers regarding Adobe Flash Player which may point people in the right direction to solve this issue:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1309406

:)

Edited by n4y4nrules

Guest raverrr

how about battery life? someone could tell me more?

the battery life is like most stable gingerbread roms. i took mine of charge this morning at 9am. and am now at 68 percent. moderate use (some browsing, few short calls,restoring lots of my favorite apps).

Guest ZTE_Blade

the battery life is like most stable gingerbread roms. i took mine of charge this morning at 9am. and am now at 68 percent. moderate use (some browsing, few short calls,restoring lots of my favorite apps).

if it's like that, will be great. i mean, on MMHMP rls7, using with wi-fi, no 3G, some calls, some texting, plus facebook and twitter i can barely last a workday. it's really stable, smooth and fast, but battery drain as hell (i was using SS5 before). how about AHB overclock? is it enabled on this kernel?

Have edited original post. :)

Was working perfectly when we tested it but can't speak for what the BBC did at their end.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Hopefully there may be a solution some time soon.

I've found an interesting discussion on xda developers regarding Adobe Flash Player which may point people in the right direction to solve this issue:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1309406

:)

Thanks for your help.