Location Of The Crt Screen Off Animation

Guest JudasLucifer

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Pretty much as of title.

I'm looking to change my CRT screen off animation to something else, maybe a fade or slide.

I've been nosing around in a Cm7 ROM, looked in the obvious places but couldn't find anything that looks obviously like a screen off animation.

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the file is located, and what I might be able to replace it with?

Cheers in advance :)

Guest plegdroid

Pretty much as of title.

I'm looking to change my CRT screen off animation to something else, maybe a fade or slide.

I've been nosing around in a Cm7 ROM, looked in the obvious places but couldn't find anything that looks obviously like a screen off animation.

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the file is located, and what I might be able to replace it with?

good place to start is framework res apk, systemui.apk, may need to mess with the jar file and xml files also :)

Edited by plegdroid

I found this.... not sure if it's that helpful, but could be a start i guess. good luck :)

Pretty much as of title.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I found this.... not sure if it's that helpful, but could be a start i guess. good luck :)

Thankyou very much, this is just what I am looking for (why didn't I find this earlier... O.o)

Unfortunately though it only tells me the bool value, not where the actual animation is, but I will keep looking :)

good place to start is framework res apk, systemui.apk, may need to mess with the jar file and xml files also :)

Those would be the obvious places ;)

Could it be /res/layout/screen.xml?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"

xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">

<RelativeLayout android:id="@id/title_container" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="?windowTitleSize" style="?android:attr/windowTitleBackgroundStyle">

<ImageView android:id="@id/left_icon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="16.0dip" android:layout_height="16.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="5.0dip" android:scaleType="fitCenter" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:layout_centerVertical="true" />

<LinearLayout android:id="@id/right_container" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" android:layout_centerVertical="true">

<ImageView android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/right_icon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="16.0dip" android:layout_height="16.0dip" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0dip" android:scaleType="fitCenter" />

<ProgressBar android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/progress_circular" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0dip" android:max="10000" style="?android:attr/progressBarStyleSmallTitle" />

</LinearLayout>

<ProgressBar android:id="@id/progress_horizontal" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="2.0dip" android:max="10000" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/right_container" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/left_icon" android:layout_centerVertical="true" style="?android:attr/progressBarStyleHorizontal" />

<TextView android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/title" android:background="@null" android:fadingEdge="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:scrollHorizontally="true" android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/right_container" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/left_icon" style="?android:attr/windowTitleStyle" />

</RelativeLayout>

<FrameLayout android:id="@id/content" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:foreground="?windowContentOverlay" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:foregroundGravity="fill_horizontal|top|center" />

</LinearLayout>

Or possibly res/anim/shrink_fade_out_center.xml

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I found this which should be exactly what you're looking for. Looks quite interesting :)

http://rootzwiki.com...in-roms-how-to/

Thanks for the link :)

I had skimmed through that briefly before hand, and now I've read it again in depth but I can't find any references as to where the actual animation itself is located. I'm surprised no-one seems to have asked this before, my Google + Xda skills have failed me :P

Guest plegdroid

Thanks for the link :)

I had skimmed through that briefly before hand, and now I've read it again in depth but I can't find any references as to where the actual animation itself is located. I'm surprised no-one seems to have asked this before, my Google + Xda skills have failed me :P

I've had a look for the physical animation files, won't be in the xml files as they just relay the information, I'll have a look in some jar files, iam no expert myself, but am a quick learner :)

edit, jar files would poss be the way forward as they allow gif files to be integrated into them.

Edited by plegdroid

Looks like the animation is done within a lib file. From what I can gather the powermanagerservice class calls a native function nativeStartSurfaceFlingerAnimation which I guess is the code for the screen off animation.

Guest plegdroid

Looks like the animation is done within a lib file. From what I can gather the powermanagerservice class calls a native function nativeStartSurfaceFlingerAnimation which I guess is the code for the screen off animation.

well out out of my knowledge band :D me thinking a knowledge of Java is gonna be required to change the animation :'(

Guest plegdroid

it would seem the animation is in one of the class files within jar, your gonna need a Java class loader to locate which one, the animation is placed in the jar file when it's compiled via the class loader, have fun :D

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Uuugh, not as simple as I would have hoped then :P

I probably won't bother, I have absolute zero java skills, and probably wouldn't be able to

A) Replace it with something working

B) Recompile the thing to make it work :P

But thankyou for your help guys, much appreciated :)

Guest plegdroid

Uuugh, not as simple as I would have hoped then :P

I probably won't bother, I have absolute zero java skills, and probably wouldn't be able to

A) Replace it with something working

B) Recompile the thing to make it work :P

But thankyou for your help guys, much appreciated :)

no worrys it's been a learning curve for myself also :)