X5 wont boot at all.

Guest Darkspore

Guest Darkspore

Hi, I have a new Huawei U8800 (Ideos X5) with Froyo on it. It is pretty much out of the box standard (no rooting or anything) Had it about a week, I had to put my sim card in my old phone to retrieve some contacts.

I powered down the X5, waited til it was safely off, removed the battery, removed the sim, did the things I needed to on the other phone, replaced the sim in the X5, replaced the battery, pressed the power on... Nothing happens. It's as if the battery is not connected. I tried the power+vol++vol-, but again, absolutely nothing. I haven't dropped it or the battery.

I did try also to hook it up to USB to see if I could browse it (ofc I knew it wouldn't work, but doesn't hurt to try, right?) and put it on charge through an electrical outlet. Still nothing happening.

Is there anything more I can try?

Thanks.

Edited by Darkspore

Guest skifyr123

idk, at least you have not rooted it, so there will be no problem with you warranty. see if the battery is in contact with those three pins.. I am able to boot my phone without the battery while connected to the charger.