Galaxy Nexus as dev device (AOSP)

Guest koudelka

Guest koudelka

What do people think about Galaxy Nexus as a dev device? How many and what binary blobs are needed to run AOSP? Better or worse than Nexus S?

What's your thought, is it worthy as a "nexus" device in this sense?

Guest tecsys3

What do people think about Galaxy Nexus as a dev device? How many and what binary blobs are needed to run AOSP? Better or worse than Nexus S?

What's your thought, is it worthy as a "nexus" device in this sense?

uhh not hard to find http://code.google.com/android/nexus/drivers.html very few proprietary binaries for the Galaxy Nexus

The phone even came with developer options pre-installed (actually a pet peeve of mine because you have regular users trying all the debug features thinking they are performance boosts... sigh)

As with every new Nexus, they make it even more developer friendly...

Guest koudelka

Thanks! that sounds great :) I was afraid they were not showing all binaries needed on the nexus driver page, that some of them had to be pulled of the device before compiling. This truly sounds like a fun dev device if we have source for everything except GSM and Graphics. I am looking forward to the ability to tweak that camera :) Maybe the reason to go with this sensor instead of the one on other samsung galaxy devices had to do with their ability to release source for it...

Edited by koudelka