ADB Fastboot Windows drivers for ZTE Crescent

Guest gujis

Hello, I have been struggling to install Clockwork on OSF2.

Windows recognized the phone and "adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader" executed successfully

but after phone restart ADB just says "waiting for device".

I believe I have Fastboot drivers missing don't I? (there is a device in Device Manager called "Android" which is not installed properly)

Drivers from ZTE website does not seem to work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest unrandomsam

64 bit windows 7 ? I think I might know what the problem is.

If the usbid's are different to the ones in the signed cat file you cannot just add them doesn't work.

You have to force it to load going through update driver software -> browse my computer -> Let me pick -> have disk

Then go to the android_winusb.inf file and force it to load.

then you have to prefix all the fastboot commands with what ever is in

Details -> Hardware Ids.

To get the vendor id if its changed

i.e

fastboot -i 0x18d1 flash recovery recovery.img (or something similar).

Guest Hermione1986

Im stuck at the same point,im using Windows Vista

ive loaded ADB and got to "adb reboot bootloader" phone goes into Green Droid mode

It then ask for drivers and ive gone to the ZTE folder but they dont load

I then tried to run the cmd line "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img and get the message "Fastboot is not recognised as an internal or external command.

Any idea's

Guest Sebastian404

Im stuck at the same point,im using Windows Vista

ive loaded ADB and got to "adb reboot bootloader" phone goes into Green Droid mode

It then ask for drivers and ive gone to the ZTE folder but they dont load

I then tried to run the cmd line "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img and get the message "Fastboot is not recognised as an internal or external command.

Any idea's

fastboot-windows.exe ?

64 bit windows 7 ? I think I might know what the problem is.

If the usbid's are different to the ones in the signed cat file you cannot just add them doesn't work.

You have to force it to load going through update driver software -> browse my computer -> Let me pick -> have disk

Then go to the android_winusb.inf file and force it to load.

then you have to prefix all the fastboot commands with what ever is in

Details -> Hardware Ids.

To get the vendor id if its changed

i.e

fastboot -i 0x18d1 flash recovery recovery.img (or something similar).

Tried forcing android_winusb.inf file that I've got. Did not work, windows won't accept it and got the following error. Android_winusb.inf has been lying on my desktop for some time and I don't even know where I got it from.. Maybe it's the wrong file?

P.S. My system is x86 and not x64.

post-490590-0-99074500-1322694927_thumb.

Edited by gujis

Guest Hermione01

Hi Guys, need some help here

Ive installed ADB , when i run the cmd line "Reboot bootloader "it puts the OSF2 into green droid mode, windows then as for driver details, i have browsed to the zte folder, android install folder and downloaded the drivers mentioned on this post and none load.

<BR itxtNodeId="50">I then tried to run the cmd line "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img and get the message "Fastboot is not recognised as an internal or external command.

I tried the fastboot-windows.exe as well and get the same message.<BR itxtNodeId="49">Any idea's<BR itxtNodeId="48"><BR itxtNodeId="43"><BR itxtNodeId="42">

The pictures is not the right thing (Thats the adb one not the fastboot driver).

Try the generic google fastboot drivers.(From latest SDK).

usb_driver.zip (8.28 MB)http://www.multiupload.com/1CZD8UK88O

(Install it to the android incorrect installed device (when its in adb reboot bootloader).

Apparently it looks like my laptop has some USB hardware issues. I tried on other laptop and everything went silky smooth. Thanks for all the help though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest unrandomsam

anybody had any luck with the drivers on win7 x 64? if so please share (pulling my hair out)

It will always work if you just force the stock (from the sdk) driver to install and use the right

-i option

(It is annoying though because you need to remember a string of hex).

Guest raverrr

It will always work if you just force the stock (from the sdk) driver to install and use the right

-i option

(It is annoying though because you need to remember a string of hex).

ok thanks :)