Huawei release BETA 2.3.5 update for U8800

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

U8800 owners waiting patiently for an official update to Android Gingerbread have been rewarded with an earlier-than-planned update from Huawei in the form of a BETA update. The update is mostly error-free but Huawei do state that users may experience issues with WiFi.

A statement was posted on the Huawei Device Facebook page regarding the update:

The Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade for the IDEOS X5 is now available for download on our website. Please note that this is a trial version and that you may experience some issues when using Wifi.

We also confirm that the better experienced version will be released on December 30th, 2011. Our sincere apologies for the delay. Please be advised that we are putting into place processes to ensure that these delays do not happen again

Any U8800 owners feeling brave enough to test the BETA update can do so by downloading the archive from Huawei Device directly. If you have installed this to your U8800 we would be interested to read your thoughts!

Download the update here

Source: Huawei Device Facebook page

1f97ad2ebc61d6a202e5c1de1c677dfa.png

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest Halebopp

I have been using it since it was originally released on 30th November and have had no problems at all. Not even wifi.So I am very pleased. Battery could be better but still it's better than 2.2. Will be interested to see if the final r elease has any improvements.I would recommend trying this version.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.