[ROM] FLB2 - Completely Debranded GB ROM r2a

Guest Simon O

Guest Flumpster

Linky again pls Flump? B)

I removed it because I had too much compressed in the apk during compile.

I'm still working on better settings and will upload a proper one for you when I'm finished mate.

But it does seem that both my devices require different settings.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hey guys, I'm having problems. Hopefully someone can help.

I have the San Fran II, I tried flashing both this rom and Sebastian's rom but when I try to use the keyboard, the tracking is off by half a letter in portrait (Very difficult to sign into google). I tried flashing the ouk-stock.zip file afterwards but then on the next boot it just hangs with the robot logo. I'm guessing the problem with the keyboard tracking is due to the roms being based on the vivacity?

The method I used to flash was the QPST method listed here : http://android.modac...d-now-complete/

I tried using the ADB fastboot method but it kept saying "no device found", I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, is this why? ..and would the fastboot method allow the roms to install properly?

Also, I presume the clockwork recovery was supposed to replace the "FTM" screen? I managed to get into clockwork recovery to install the roms but I assumed that I would be able to get into clockwork any time after that but when I reboot with vol down held in I just get the "FTM" screen again.

Hopefully someone can help me get the roms working properly sad.gif

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Update...

Managed to get the Clockwork Recovery installed using fastboot (Just a hint for other folks, try using the driver installer and then use the adb inside ZTE's own folder, copy all the other stuff you need from the ADB pack into this folder too and then just follow all the Clockwork Recovery instructions from within this folder.

Then flash whichever custom rom you want to use but if you're doing this with a San Francisco II, your keyboard will probably be off like mine was, just flash the ouk-stock.zip, it fixed my skewed keyboard, works fine now. Thanks so much guys for all your effort, really do want to get my hands on a CyanogenMod port tho, just for all the extra CM goodness :)

EDIT: Hmmm, Maybe all is not good. Wireless won't connect now, I checked my mac address and it's correct so I'm not sure why it's not connecting, I flashed the r2a rom, then the ouk-stock.zip, keyboard works properly but the wireless just keeps dropping/not connecting.

I might just try to put the stock rom back in for now :( Boo Hiss!!

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest t.reddings

Thanks for all the work. I have used this since Tuesday all seems okay. So much better than Stock T Mobile especially with A2SD as I have lots more space now. One issue I noticed, the stock browser doesn't display images, I've checked the tick box in settings, unticked and re ticked to no avail. A workaround for me is use Dolphin browser.

Any ideas why this issue could be there?

Edited by t.reddings

Guest snowbord

Haven't done this myself yet but if it's the same as the Blade 1, use CWM to partition (in Advanced / partition SD card) - set data to 256 / 512, with 512 being best when the phone's internal data partition has been repartitioned to 270mb+ via TPT. Set swap to 0. Yes it will wipe your SD card. Only the FAT partition will then be visible (in windows at least).

Pretty simple procedure really.

Edited by snowbord

Guest snowbord

I don't quite understand your question. The ext partition on your SD card is for apps. You will not have access to it directly so as to be able to copy files onto it (music).

In essence from your point of view, the SD card will shrink by 256/512mb or whatever you choose when you partition it.  Only this partition will be visible to you. 

Edited by snowbord

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Finally managed to get this rom installed with working WiFi and working keyboard (had a little bit of trouble with the mac address disappearing but I'd backed up the qcn file so was able to restore those settings).

My problem now is that when I go into the storage section of settings I've only got 113MB free space and I haven't even installed anything yet, although on my original San Francisco I could keep my free space around 200MB even with several apps and widgets installed. Why is there so little free space right at the start? Have Orange partitioned a lot of system cache for a faster startup? (Me trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about :P )

Guest Amphoras

Finally managed to get this rom installed with working WiFi and working keyboard (had a little bit of trouble with the mac address disappearing but I'd backed up the qcn file so was able to restore those settings).

My problem now is that when I go into the storage section of settings I've only got 113MB free space and I haven't even installed anything yet, although on my original San Francisco I could keep my free space around 200MB even with several apps and widgets installed. Why is there so little free space right at the start? Have Orange partitioned a lot of system cache for a faster startup? (Me trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about :P )

The data partition only comes with 162.5MB of space in it. Dalvik cache gets stored there which may be what is taking up all the space. The system partition is so big because Orange stuff it full of rubbish. You can change the layout using this or these. h4gster has reported it works ok.

Guest rijon99

I have used both FLB1 r1 and FLB2 r2a, I have found r1 much more responsive because of the custom kernel, although there were a few bugs - the phone wouldn't respond to turning the screen on when it was off for a long time and also the first facing camera not working. r2a is not very responsive for me therefore I have reverted back to r1. I do understand that we still do not have the correct kernel source to fix these bugs properly, but as soon as we do, this phone will be amazing. Thank you flibblesan for all your time put into this rom.

Guest Rimatron

Big thanks to flibblesan for the de-branding and unlocking Rom for the Orange San Francisco II. It's my first android phone. Took me around 15 minutes get it sorted. everything worked as it should.

No issues with the WIFI, Camera or keypad as some people have reported. Only one minor issue, the phones not recognised on Android Market via my Google account. but I just install the .apk files with appsinstaller via my SD card :D

Edited by Rimatron

Guest snowbord

Huge news. Amphoras has released thorough TPTs, most notably the 40MB cache jobs which are our best bet before cache/ redirects are implemented into the ROMs.. For noobs, this means more room for apps (data).

Also, CWM is part of the TPT! For people having issues installing CWM via ADB, this is huge.

http://android.modac...-vivacity-tpts/

Edited by snowbord

Guest snowbord

Just installed seb's rom on a different TMV. Radio works fine again. On this rom (fibble's), the sound 'clicks' when the app starts. It appears to be locking onto stations, but no sound comes out.

Guest CarlMUK

Hi,

I have unlocked and tried both your rom and the other unbranded rom, both have touchscreen issues with my San fran II, going back to the stock rom it's fine. I tried the stock SF kernel as well with your rom and it didn't help.

I do appreciate your work though ! :)

if you need any details from the phone ask quick it's a christmas present.

Oh I ran the TouchPaint test a few times the two dots on the right are mis-aligned (a small red dot appears a few mm away from the touch circle)

Edited by CarlMUK