SD Cards for Skate

Guest D3abL3

Guest Wacky.ddw

I have a ADATA 16GB Micro SDHC Class 4 card wich came with my phone. It costs 19€ (£16) separatly in the aldi market here in belgium.

But you can allso get them on http://www.medion.com. I dont know what it would cost to ship it and how long it would take...

It works great the only problem i have is when i put 10gb of music and pictures on it the phone starts to lag for like half an hour. Unless you change the sd reading speed in SD speed Increase to 2048 when its done indexing you could set it back to normal again everything works fine then but i dont know if its the phone or the sd card...

there is allready a topic about it here: Link

Edited by Wacky.ddw

I had problems with a few sandisk sd cards,class 4.

So I went for the samsung class 10,getting read/write speeds up to 40mb/s

post-796032-0-36196600-1322777476_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest Wacky.ddw

I had problems with a few sandisk sd cards,class 4.

So I went for the samsung class 10,getting read/write speeds up to 40mb/s

So you never had to use a tool to stop the phone from laging? Because i dont have any troube if i put 2gb on it or something. It only when i put 10gb on it and remove it from the pc. If you leave the phone alone for 15 - 30min it works fine. Maybe the phone just doenst like that much data at once :P But im thinking about upgrading to 32GB class 10. Or wont you notice the difference between class 4 and 10?

This is the one im using seems to cost only 15€ now.

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/278385/adata-microsdhc-16gb-class-4-+-adapter.html#tab:prices

Guest nicksoph

There is a report on a few cards and (with one exception) the report says they all pretty much all do what they say on the card - for long sequential reads or writes at least but for small random reads/writes they are pretty much all bad (compared to their declared speed) with varying levels of bad.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/microsdhc-memory-card-performance,3011-12.html

That sounds like a good deal. What's the difference between class 4 and 10? Is class 4 ok and does it give good read/write speeds? Thanks, I don't know anything about SD cards.

class 10 will give greater read/write speeds(see my post above)

A few added bonuses of the samsung class 10,in the unlikely event that you will need them.

1) crush proof to 1.5tonnes

2)shock proof

3)electro magnet proof

4) water proof,including sea water(in case you go on any SBS missions)

and finally,

5) Tsar AN602 hydrogen bomb proof( the most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated)

Ok I lied about number 5 :lol:

Edited by Guest

Guest unrandomsam

If you want 32GB the lexar class 10 at £45 is probably best to get.

(Really is better to not get junk when it comes to memory cards (I had a PNY supposedly class 10 that went bad (Play.com refunded including return postage(More than needed) but it performs pretty similar to the lexar class 4).

Guest dibbles

As a general rule I do like to get the faster cards over the slower ones. So a class 10 would be my choice if possible. To add to that I have found that not all class 10, or any other class, are made equal. There can be great variation in the read and write speeds between brands. The Samsung type noted is particularly good with consistent speeds and great build quality.

Edited by dibbles

Remember guys the op said "cheap" :P I also have the Lexar 16GB Micro SDHC Memory Card / Class 4 from Play and highly recommend it.

Is a samsung 8gb class 10 for ten pounds/free post,not cheap then ?

Edited by Guest

Guest dibbles

Remember guys the op said "cheap" :P I also have the Lexar 16GB Micro SDHC Memory Card / Class 4 from Play and highly recommend it.

Cheap is not always cheerful though :P

I know where you are coming from but I have found some differences worth paying for, as I can afford to do so. I would prefer to have a class 10 Samsung 8GB than a class 4 16GB.

I know where you are coming from but I have found some differences worth paying for, as I can afford to do so. I would prefer to have a class 10 Samsung 8GB than a class 4 16GB.

Whats that saying,"quality not quantity"

Guest gitf@ce

Is a samsung 8gb class 10 for ten pounds/free post,not cheap then ?

Certainly is. I was really targeting

If you want 32GB the lexar class 10 at £45 is probably best to get.

Or how about the 32GB Class 10 from Play.com for 35 pounds?

When the op's emphasis is on "cheap", and he is obviously happy with a low capacity, this just seemed to miss the point :blink:

Edited by gitf@ce

yes those ones seem a little expensive for what op is asking.

But he does mention about card speed,so I recommmend the 8gb class 10,which is only a few quid above the one he linked to.

But it all depends on what his first choice is,speed or space.

Speed=samsung class 10 8gb

Space=lexar class 4 16gb

To be honest though.

Although on paper I have very high speeds,in actual use,the difference is not that noticable.

Edited by Guest

Guest gitf@ce

Why not? D3abL3 might be very cheerful when he has a quality brand card with extra capacity and really very little difference in speed.

I'm generally with you there, but I have various class 10 cards and don't see much difference between them and my Lexar class 4, when using this phone.

I got this one: http://www.play.com/...10/Product.html

samsung 8gb class 10

£10 free post

This one made my day :P

That's the kind of card I was aiming for.

I said cheap yes, but cheap doesn't mean I can't afford a 32GB, means no need for it...

P.S.: if you keep the same read_ahead_kb it'll be useless class 4 or 10....

Edited by D3abL3

Guest dibbles

With the phone I have noticed a quicker class 10 card is better when browsing folders which have a lot of photos in them using Quickpic as my viewer. I do have several folders with many photos in them so for that alone it is worthwhile having a faster card. Taking photos doesn't seem to make a difference but taking vga video (pity it can't seem to do 720p)does seem a little faster when finished to then being ready again.

Copying stuff to and from the card is also much faster.

With my tablet the above applies, apart from the photo use, but also my ebook collection browsing is so much smoother with a faster card. Music selection and browsing is also quicker, I suppose it also can depend on the numbers of files involved.

With my camera a class 10 card is better to ensure that it is ready to take the next photo quickly once the buffer is full. Taking 720p video is also better on a faster card. Transferring those images and videos is also quicker.

With cheaper generic cards I have found that their read and write speeds are often below that of the stated class that they are sold as. Sometimes a class 4 card has struggled to sustain class 2 speeds.

All the above can be subjective, and under certain use, make no appreciable difference to the function of the device you are using.

Well said :)

I am certain that there is a difference between the performance of class 4 & 10.

Maybe I dont notice it now because I am used to those speeds,and as you have stated above,there are many factors involved.

Edited by Guest