[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Ok so a few hot reboots to be expected lock ups on changing the icon for my pic in messaging no big deal anyone getting the added sim card prompt after a hot boot I just reboot it when it says that is their a workaround

I get the sim card popup. I just hit the power button and then re unlock

Ok thanks just did it worked great.... Well guess Ill restore back to meeeiuu its been fun testing this rom its getting better and better so keep at it Trip thanks for your hard work peace

Edited by Dano79

Note to self: Using Titanium to create a flashable installer makes life almost bearable.. Who needs the market when I can re-install all the apps I had in the first place!? And TB doesn't even need to run in Interactive mode like on the Nexus S.. nice!

So...

Wifi - ok for me (Static)

Data - ok

Market - FC

Random freezes/ Reboot

I tried to install the latest ICS Gapps (Talk, Google Search, Wallet, Market...), now I have The search bar (working), voice recognition (working), but it messed up my account settings I can't sign in to my Google account I can't get Talk to work nor any apps that require my Google account... dry.gif

Anyway good job Trip as usual, your work is amazing and looks very promising !!! wink.gif

Guest DroidRC1

Note to self: Using Titanium to create a flashable installer makes life almost bearable.. Who needs the market when I can re-install all the apps I had in the first place!? And TB doesn't even need to run in Interactive mode like on the Nexus S.. nice!

How did u make a flashable zip?

EDIT..never mind I figured it out

Edited by DroidRC1

Guest Dragon_Droid

Hell I need market..flashing back to MIUI ICS theme...just as good..Hopefully this comes along great..with this type of progress in a week we'll be fully functional. check back in a couple days,

How did u make a flashable zip?

Within TB - Menu -> More -> Create "update.zip" -> Select Scripting Type "Edify" -> TB will be installed as: "User application" -> Select the name of the output file: "Titanium.....zip" -> Press Create "update.zip"...

Copy said .zip to your SD Card and reboot into ROM Manager and flash. Market FCs aren't such a big deal anymore..

Guest Kevin001111

I still cant get my phone to boot, earlier i was having the same problem and someone told me to just do a couple battery pulls and it still wont boot, i dont know what i could possibly be doing wrong!

Trip - the improvement is marked.. thank you.  

Using TB to restore apps and I'm happy to say none of them seem to have any major issues..  Google+ with the occasional FC but that's about it.  

The soft reboots are annoying but at least this phone is so fast it's a short-lived annoyance (am on 47 minutes of uptime).  

I've dialed the CPUs back to 1.18Ghz to see if that makes a difference.  Still feels as fast.  

Obviously would be great to see solid wi-fi and a functioning market but us beggars can't be choosers..  

Thanks again.

Edited by mils69

Guest nonione

I still cant get my phone to boot, earlier i was having the same problem and someone told me to just do a couple battery pulls and it still wont boot, i dont know what i could possibly be doing wrong!

have u tried using superwipe? if not go to xda to the android revolution hd thread and download it from there

instead of wiping data normally use superwipe and then flash the ROM

Guest Kevin001111

have u tried using superwipe? if not go to xda to the android revolution hd thread and download it from there

instead of wiping data normally use superwipe and then flash the ROM

will try now and report back

EDIT: after a superwipe and a battery pull, its booting!

Edited by Kevin001111

Guest gonintendo

The guys over at xda are saying that the gray gradient in the settings menu (which is not present in any of the alphas) is the only way to tell whether the hw acceleration is working or not. Can someone comment on that? It frankly sound a little bs.

Edited by gonintendo

Guest Chilled26
The guys over at xda are saying that the gray gradient in the settings menu (which is not present in any of the alphas) is the only way to tell whether the hw acceleration is working or not. Can someone comment on that? It frankly sound a little bs.

"persiansown; The fact that the pictures don't have a black to grey gradient means he has no 2d accel at all"

Edited by Chilled26

Guest Jiggs82

"persiansown; The fact that the pictures don't have a black to grey gradient means he has no 2d accel at all"

I would believe its true since this rom isnt fully ICS stock but i am still loving it so far great work Trip:) Just keep working hard and fix the soft reboots, lock ups and fc before you upload another alpha. Take your time and hopefully we can have a beta for a daily driver soon enough:D

P.S. Trip is there a way you can add a 4g icon since i have 4g where i live thanks in advance

Guest atticus182

Yeah but we all know this persiantown is a fraud and tries to bring down everything Trip builds (he's not kmobs!) so just let this guy talk and don't pay attention to him and he'll go away :)

Yeah but we all know this persiantown is a fraud and tries to bring down everything Trip builds (he's not kmobs!) so just let this guy talk and don't pay attention to him and he'll go away :)

er.. that IS kmobs XDA alias.. the 'persiantown' you are referring to was here on Modaco.

Edited by mils69

Guest JassyCliq

Yeah but we all know this persiantown is a fraud and tries to bring down everything Trip builds (he's not kmobs!) so just let this guy talk and don't pay attention to him and he'll go away

Fake= persiantown

Real= persiansown

Edited by JassyCliq

Guest manelriells

Fake= persiantown

Real= persiansown

The fact is that persian-whatever it's only a troll,there are not moderators on this forum to ban trolls? salute

Guest BummAround

The fact is that persian-whatever it's only a troll,there are not moderators on this forum to ban trolls? salute

The fact is that social bitchin is GAY :rolleyes:

jassycliq_tweet4.jpg

Kernel maker? Developer? Yea, right.

Musician? Yea, one that BLOWS. :D

jassycliq_ID-1.jpg

Has Trip EVER, even for once, declared his ICS alpha as "stable"? Check out the OP (post #1)

Apparently this no-good two-bit self-proclaimed dev FAILS so bad, she becomes other devs' critic. :lol:

Intro:

Updated version of the first alpha release

Working:

- Mobile network (data/sms/calls)

- Sound

- 3D/2D graphics

- Tethering

- Wifi (you need static ip)

- Hw acceleration

works from S004 altough it is causing lockups/soft reboot once a while

Not working:

- Camera

- Bluetooth

Updates:

- RIL

- Sound

- Menu settings

- Updated apps

- Updated framework

- Home button fixed (thanks to kw.)

Information:

Better ui performance, rom seems to be (much) more stable

Dont use volume button during call

Dont place the call on speaker it will mess up totally

Due to the renewed hw acceleration the system (ui) can sometimes completely lockup you can wait to resume but it will take extremely long, better is to pull battery. Or you can disable ui acceleration in the settings menu, turn it on/off a couple off times to make sure its off

Edited by BummAround

I think you're missing the point..

Yes persianTown was a troll on this forum..

However the comment mentioned above was made by persiansown on the XDA forum and it is 100% a legitimate comment made by the lead CM dev for the HTC Sensation.. can we please stop questioning whether or not it's real.. IT'S REAL!!