[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest ManCityFC

Good work trip. Mine hard reboots when I try to access applications in the settings menu. Might just be me though, cant remember if I wiped CM7 before I flashed? Facebook caused a soft reboot too.

Guest ManCityFC

Hi Trip, I have posted this ROM on XDA as I believe that Sensation owners should know what is out there for their device. Someone has said you don't want you ROM posted on XDA (due to some past conflict I think?), is this correct and do you want me to ask them to take down the thread with your excellent ROM? Seems a shame as there is a lot of interest for obvious reasons and a lot people wont find out about your ROM unless they stumble upon it here, like I did.

Edit: Tried to PM this to you too, but box is full, sorry.

Edited by ManCityFC

Everything is perfect except YouTube (or any other online players) the lack of a universal equalizer (picky I know) and the dictionary problem.

ROM is excellent.

Good work trip. Mine hard reboots when I try to access applications in the settings menu. Might just be me though, cant remember if I wiped CM7 before I flashed? Facebook caused a soft reboot too.

Confirmed on the soft reboot. Great job regardless! This is my new daily rom because the market is fixed. If we can get the overall UI running a bit snappier then it will be better than my old Sense roms from xda. :D

I don't get any reboots

Guest boldtaction

Hi Trip, I have posted this ROM on XDA as I believe that Sensation owners should know what is out there for their device. Someone has said you don't want you ROM posted on XDA (due to some past conflict I think?), is this correct and do you want me to ask them to take down the thread with your excellent ROM? Seems a shame as there is a lot of interest for obvious reasons and a lot people wont find out about your ROM unless they stumble upon it here, like I did.

Edit: Tried to PM this to you too, but box is full, sorry.

I would take that down ASAP if I were you. xda doesn't want external links and Trip doesn't want his work posted there.

Guest CheesusCrust

I would take that down ASAP if I were you. xda doesn't want external links and Trip doesn't want his work posted there.

Any reason why? I'm not going to post it there, just curious

Guest dvandit

yeah i just tested it as well , i can not send mms it says sending and never send, and noone can send me mms. sms works like magic, btw i love new smileys , they are so nice , love android

I don't think my MMS is working, I can't get recieve any photo from anyone.

Getting a text is ok though

Guest ManCityFC

It doesn't need to be rehashed. Just the wishes of both parties.

I'm new to this forum and am not trolling through a load of arguments and politics. I can't PM trip cause his box is full, but I have not mirrored his ROM, just posted a link to this forum and to his mirror. I like open source, I think everybody should have access to whatever ROMs are available, and there are thousands of ROM links on XDA. I will ask the mods to take the thread down if trip wants it removed, but that would be a shame IMO. It's a good ROM and not everybody knows that it exists. They should support it and support trip if they like. When it's a daily driver, I will, as I have with CM7. Others on here and ones that come over from XDA will no doubt do likewise if they find it useful. That's good for trip and the users that didn't know this existed.

I DO NOT want to get dragged in to whatever has happened in the past, I am just sharing information with users like myself. I repeat, if XDA or trip want it removed, fine, I just think that is a shame. XDA and Modaco promote open source, Android ROM development. Hopefully politics won't hinder that to the detriment of users who only want the best possible experience from their device.

Guest gmanlynx

Can someone answer my question, why isn't anyone saying anything about the ICS keyboard? When you type any word, it thinks its a mistake. Am I the only one with this problem?

Guest HraHeem

I'm getting a bootloop when I try to access apps in settings as well. More specifically, it happened first when i tried to move an app to the sd card, but now it happens as soon as applications is accessed.

use multiling keyboard of market , the best keyboard ever made

OMG dude, you've been on this forum for two days and already spammed this topic so many times my head is starting to hurt.

If people actually read the topic there wouldn't be so many stupid questions and same answers over and over ... jeeesus, the last 10 pages or so are like freaking deja vu.

Can we keep this thread clean or is it too much to ask?

Guest CheesusCrust

It doesn't need to be rehashed. Just the wishes of both parties.

Yes it does need to be 'rehashed'. I am curious as to why he wont post on XDA, if someone could enlighten me, that would be great

Guest khanleyk

Can someone answer my question, why isn't anyone saying anything about the ICS keyboard? When you type any word, it thinks its a mistake. Am I the only one with this problem?

+1

Guest ericbond

First of all great work Trip! I have fallen in love with ICS instantly, just a few small things I've noticed, the hard keys at the bottom of the screen will occasionally stay lit when the screen is turned off and then sometimes wont light up upon the device being woken again. Also the market is still FC for me at least on Alpha 6. Despite these small things I am happily using your ROM as my daily and can't wait for the next release! Keep up the good work!

yeah i just tested it as well , i can not send mms it says sending and never send, and noone can send me mms. sms works like magic, btw i love new smileys , they are so nice , love android

I can send MMS no problem

Guest dvandit

u don't like it , then leave.

OMG dude, you've been on this forum for two days and already spammed this topic so many times my head is starting to hurt.

If people actually read the topic there wouldn't be so many stupid questions and same answers over and over ... jeeesus, the last 10 pages or so are like freaking deja vu.

Can we keep this thread clean or is it too much to ask?

i am actually trying to be helpful

Guest R1nGoStar_

I have had the same problem in the past.(trip MIUI and MIUIus rom)

It has something to do with the size of the mms being send.

In previous rom(not miui) you could change that in message settings, but we don't have that option in this rom.

because my carrier does not allow large mms, then if the default setting is 1000 i cant receive. It needs to be changed to 600

Edited by R1nGoStar_