[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Shagman68

Well, a few group of people do charity work for a huge community. They spend alot of free time, just like in here, to make sure our phones don't fall behind. They shouldn't have to take "dissing", cause it's all pretty simple: If you aren't pleased with the product and progress you should do the work yourself. That isn't to say that it should not be allowed to discuss matters in appropriate threads, but since you yourself use the word "dissing" i'm pretty sure they shouldn't have to take what you said.

Anyways, on topic: Excellent alpha release, it was alot better then expected. Thanks for the hard work, can't wait for a stable version. Thanks.

OK, I'll let you slide, cause what I wrote here and what happened over 100 posts there leaves what I did out of context. Go over there and read all of the ICS thread in the general section, then you will see it by my light. They were ripping apart Trip, and I was defending him. Anyway, over-done with-gone

Guest Pmcglynn

I've been following closely since alpha 1 and now I'm blown away! Great rom. Can't wait to see what's to come. I just wanted to say thanks, you keep cooking them and I'll keep flashing them. I love your work.

Take it easy Trip,

Guest SveinBeinzon

OK, I'll let you slide, cause what I wrote here and what happened over 100 posts there leaves what I did out of context. Go over there and read all of the ICS thread in the general section, then you will see it by my light. They were ripping apart Trip, and I was defending him. Anyway, over-done with-gone

Fair enough, I'm not gonna read it cause there are ALOT of annoying people in the XDA-forums and I'll take your word for it. But I've just noticed that, more often than not, people criticise developers and whine about bugs/ETA's when there really is nothing to expect from people using their spare time to deliver upgrades to our phones. When they are then put in place by moderators they play the "fascism-card". Probably out of context here, as you say :-)

Guest Anantharaj

Cant seem to get Talk to work even after flashing gapps. I click on talk and the screen flickers and nothing happens. :/

first flash Trip rom

immediately flash gapps5

wipe cache/dalvik cache

reboot

the above steps worked me.

Guest edude03

EDIT: While I was repeating the steps to make sure it wasn't a fluke

Ananthraj managed to beat me to it :P Oh well it's good when we work together :)

Alright so I figured out how to fix Talk, the keyboard and the spelling issues,

Install an ICS app bundle (there is one in this thread but I used the one from goo-inside.me) then wipe your cache dalvik cache and data.

Talk Market keyboard and everything work!

Edited by edude03

Guest Anantharaj

When I fladhed gapps I couldn't open gmail or market. If would close. I rvrn wiped cache

if you boot and later on flash gapps and clean no use. i did the same thing the same result of you. so flash trip rom and gapps immediately without boot and clean cache and dalvik

EDIT: While I was repeating the steps to make sure it wasn't a fluke

Ananthraj managed to beat me to it :P Oh well it's good when we work together :)

Alright so I figured out how to fix Talk, the keyboard and the spelling issues,

Install an ICS app bundle (there is one in this thread but I used the one from goo-inside.me) then wipe your cache dalvik cache and data.

Talk Market keyboard and everything work!

I you wiped data, wouldn't you need to reflash the rom

Guest Grudgie

Thank you sir. Here is a screenshot of the keyboard after flashing gappsv5. Also - I don't use gtalk much but I don't have any issues with it when I was just fooling around with it. That is the gtalk from the same gappsv5 package.

Hmm.. i also installed the new gappsv5 but i dont get that red line :(

I you wiped data, wouldn't you need to reflash the rom

I think their saying to just do a clean install and flash gapps after you flash the rom stay in recovery then flash gapps directly after then reboot

I think their saying to just do a clean install and flash gapps after you flash the rom stay in recovery then flash gapps directly after then reboot

Exactly, everything is working this way ! wink.gif

Guest Rick Ginsberg

You can find ICS GAPPS at the following site goo-inside.me. You will see a folder gapps go there and download gapps ics about 60meg. Install . After install you have to wipe all caches and it will work fine. Just as easy to reflash the rom and then install gapps. everything should work then

Guest ronaldramsayii
I can't open any google apps like Gmail or market with gapps.

Its because you're not synced in. Happened to me. Had to edit and reflash ICS ROM and added what I needed to it.

Guest illuminarias

I'd say don't flash Gapps over ICS. If you want, copy and paste the apks you want from the gapps to the ics. For example, I pulled the latinIME, voicesearch, searchbar apk from gapps, paste them into this rom, and flashed it. nothing went wrong, i have contacts, i have dictionary, google search bar and voice search.

where can i find gaps , and what gaps changes , or give me , do i have to do it ?

Here is what I did:

Download Gapps : http://www.multiupload.com/YCL58X7EDT (the one I used) or http://goo-inside.me...-20111125-2.zip

In Recovery:

- Wipe everything data, cache, dalvik

- Install A6

- Install Gapps

- Wipe dalvik

- Reboot

- Enjoy ! wink.gif

It worked for me...

You should have GTalk, Keyboard with dictionary & Voice recognition, Google Search With Search Bar on home screen etc... cool.gif