[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest dvandit

i dont use gtalk, i use different keyboard that has voice recognition , google search i downloaded from market , now i have google search on top of each screen. is there a way to make it be only on main home screen and on every other screen dont be there , or it comes with a rom , i can not change that ?

i dont use gtalk, i use different keyboard that has voice recognition , google search i downloaded from market , now i have google search on top of each screen. is there a way to make it be only on main home screen and on every other screen dont be there , or it comes with a rom , i can not change that ?

That's ICS.... How it was designed to be

ICS gapps working well for me. Alpha 7 should be nice!!!

Guest FrankieBananaz

Here is what I did:

Download Gapps : http://www.multiupload.com/YCL58X7EDT (the one I used) or http://goo-inside.me...-20111125-2.zip

In Recovery:

- Wipe everything data, cache, dalvik

- Install A6

- Install Gapps

- Wipe dalvik

- Reboot

- Enjoy ! wink.gif

It worked for me...

You should have GTalk, Keyboard with dictionary & Voice recognition, Google Search With Search Bar on home screen etc... cool.gif

Did that, my whole google account is shot after, no contact sync, market, gmail

Guest TripNRaVeR

lol i sleep from yesterday 17.00 (5pm) till now 18.00 (6pm) i was awake few hours ago but fell asleep again.

was feeling sick a couple of days allready but its somewhat better now, to bad its still not 100% hopefully later it is

lol i sleep from yesterday 17.00 (5pm) till now 18.00 (6pm) i was awake few hours ago but fell asleep again.

was feeling sick a couple of days allready but its somewhat better now, to bad its still not 100% hopefully later it is

I literally did the same but it was from 6 pm to 10am

Welcome back to life ;)

Guest staymunch

feel better bro! take your time recovering we can wait lol wink.gif

using Alpha6 almost 24hours and work perfectly, I had one restart then I open Gmail. I set tha mail in to the another appi and working great. I must say that Alpha 6 is ready for daily use for me. Trip you did great job. Thanks

Guest o0rebelious0o

Alpha 6 is really fantastic. It is pretty much ready to be a daily driver IMO.

I've only had a couple of reboots (pretty sure they were actually facebooks fault) when trying to set it up for the first time. I can't see any text in facebook on the news feed, its as if the text is white on white background or maybe not even displaying so I'm not sure about that if that's ROM/ICS/facebook related. But I can do without facebook for a few days :)

I flashed the gapps ICS as said by the others and they all work superbly. I have Exchange working, gmail, market, mapps etc. Haven't had any FC issues or anything. ICS keyboard also works correctly which is brilliant.

ICS really is a massive improvement in almost every way. SO SMOOTH and fast... and this is an ALPHA.

Couple of issues though:

Despite what you said in your first post, tethering ISN'T working on this ROM, at least not S006A. It says "turning wi-fi on" but does nothing else and definitely doesn't start broadcasting network. Also doesn't recognise USB being connected to allow USB tethering.

USB does not work for SDcard mounting. Eclipse however is able to detect it for app dev purposes. No biggie, can use recovery mounting.

Great work trip, you've done great work on this

Rich

Guest Arz Bhatia

Feel better Bro..

I remember sleeping for 6pm till 7pm the next day.. Felt awesome :P

r u follow my instruction or not. if yes u r unlucky guy........

The problem was that I flashed gapps over the rom I didn't do a fresh install again. Thanks I got it

Glad you are feelng better

Guest rajackar

I'd say A6 is very usable as a daily driver. Been using it since it was uploaded and still enjoying it a lot.

I did reflash it for gapps and thats working perfectly for me now.

Thanks for a wonderful tast of icecream Trip and hope you feel better soon!

Guest cjsabaki

Hehehe!! Yo sleepy head!!

Get well dude!! Your gonna get old n gray before ur time if ya keep up the lack o sleep stuff n stressn....... holiday - vacation - trip, look it up Bro!! 8-)

Best wishes old friend,

Chris

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Guest FrankieBananaz

Everything working great now except gallary, after reflashing a6 and ics gapps. Could def use as daily. Thanx trippp

Got it, just installed gallary from alpha6.zip

Edited by FrankieBananaz

Guest TripNRaVeR

@Chris

Thanks my good old friend! To be honest i've givin up on live gettin better, it is meanth to be like this.

@ Bluntedslc

Nothing i was feeling sick

@ all

After 2 days of doing nothing its kinda hard to pick on the stuff again, need some time to remember what i was doing

Thanks for the donations people! That keeps a man motivated!

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest cjsabaki

Life is what you make it.... a normal person sees everything as a blessing or a curse, a fighter / warrior sees everything as a challenge....... improvise, adapt, n overcome....

No challenge no problems no issues mean no growth... cannot get better or stronger without struggle and adversity.

Man up, face the day and kick its ass. Sound off like you got a pair!!!

Best regards,

Chris

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk