[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest vikorth

TRIP, before anything I would say PLS work your magic on the kernel like you did with ENDTIME for miui. Thanks for all your time on this and MIUI ROM so far.

EDIT: little something for you Trip (Unique Transaction ID # 07G96234CD371741J).

Edited by vikorth

Guest dvandit

trip u deleted camera app cuz it didnt work , and u goin gto fix it ?

or i need to flash gasps?

ooh and does a sound works fine , lound and clear , speaker no ?

Guest ronaldramsayii

Oh, thanks...

I was writing my post asking for bluetooth before the changelog was ready, so I honestly didn't see it, so sorry about the question anyways

Lol this isn't XDA bro. No disrespect to them but over here its a bit more laid back.....just don't bug Trip excessively and you're good lol

Guest ronaldramsayii
Going to work on the kernel now, lol its quite fun how fast we have a almost fully working ICS rom

It works better then some gingerbread roms available now. It'll be my daily driver for sure.

Great bro! Thanks for the update. This has been my daily driver since A5 lol. Great progress! Keep up the great work!

Still gambling with WiFi calling for TMOUS users.

Guest ronaldramsayii
Daily driver .. for sure .. only thing messing for now is camera and bluetooth

Hopefully both are fixed when Trip gets a solid kernel working. I know the camera and Bluetooth relies on it.

Guest alankrut

Trip great work smile.gif

And at this rate you might release a fully functional ICS rom for sensation before the Nexus Galaxy is available (USA) rolleyes.gif

Just one thing, can someone tell me if google talk is working. i use it all of the time.

Last time i just this was Alpha 5, and i loved it then, cant wait to flash it again

Guest Chilled26
Gallery stopped working for me

Use something like root explorer to extract Gallery2.apk from trip's Rom and move it to /system/app then set permissions and delete GalleryGoogle.apk.

Sent from my TripNiCE Pyramid using Tapatalk

Guest JLAVOIE

Hmmmm, Calendar Sync seems to have disappeared from my Google Account Sync. Can anyone else confirm?

It was working in A6.

I can also confirm this. When you try to access calendar it will ask you to sighn in but fails because you are already signed in.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Installing gapps is going to cause problems on this release. I include some gapps but i find most of them useless so i got rid of them. I'm building a custom gapps addon when i find time. That one will be compatible with the rom.

Guest uriareous

Same here calendar sync is not working just keeps asking me to sign in

Hmmmm, Calendar Sync seems to have disappeared from my Google Account Sync. Can anyone else confirm?

It was working in A6.

I can also confirm this. When you try to access calendar it will ask you to sighn in but fails because you are already signed in.
Works for me. I flashed gappsv5 on top of Alpha 7 though so not sure if that is why it is working. I didn't check it it was working or not prior to flashing gappsv5.

EDIT: See Trips' post a few before mine. He recommends not flashing gapps on top of Alpha 7 so I would disregard my post and follow Trips' advice.

post-948034-0-07133400-1323575033_thumb.

Edited by ddub06

Guest tentoace

Use something like root explorer to extract Gallery2.apk from trip's Rom and move it to /system/app then set permissions and delete GalleryGoogle.apk.

Sent from my TripNiCE Pyramid using Tapatalk

Trip another great release bro! Really coming along superbly.

A few observations for Alpha 7:

• Going to System Settings > Storage results in a soft reboot (only reboot I have had in the 40+ min I've been running)
  • Homescreen > Menu Key > Preferences: both Dock and Icons don't do anything when you click them (Homescreen / Drawer / General all are good to go though) This appears to be a new feature in Alpha 7 or I completely missed in the other Alphas somehow
  • System Settings > Apps & Manage Apps from Drawer or Homescreen all result in a soft reboot (believe this was reported on Alpha 6 too)

Besides that everything else seems to be working great.Thanks again bro!

Edited by ddub06

Guest ronaldramsayii

Now I'm pretty sure someone's gonna jump on me for this one lol.....

How do I do voice to text using the keyboard? Like when trying to do an email or text message?

Now I'm pretty sure someone's gonna jump on me for this one lol.....

How do I do voice to text using the keyboard? Like when trying to do an email or text message?

Under Language & Input in settings you should have Google voice typing as an option under Keyboard & Input Methods - make sure it is checked. Also in Android Keyboard Settings make sure you have Voice input key set to Mic on main keyboard or on symbols keyboard.

When my keyboard launches in the bottom left next to the spacebar is the Voice to Text key (looks like a microphone).

Guest ronaldramsayii
has anyone figured out a workshops for the calendar sync issue?

otherwise alpha has been faultless so far!

I switched out the Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk from Alpha 6. Having no issues now.

Edited by ronaldramsayii

Guest Dragon_Droid

Trip, not sure if this is the gapps package you are looking at or the one from a couple pages back, but there is a new one on goo-inside. Here is the link, it is from Dec 8th and is for ICS. http://goo-inside.me...-20111125-2.zip hope it helps.

Have you flashed this to see if it works????

Also TRIP...I don't like to even log bugs and stuff..I kinda let u do your own thing...But Once you set screen security lock you can never undo it because the phone does not have administrative permissions. So now I am stuck typing my lock code in...(don't mind because my wwife is off this weekend :-)

Just thought i'd drop a little insight...Wish Gtalk was working though..Guess we'll have it soon enough.