[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Arz Bhatia

Have you been using this rom as a daily driver? if so, hows battery life?

The battery is just fine, not too great. Will be great once HWA works. At first my phone drained like hell with this ROM but then I noticed that my battery stats are messed up. Charged the phone upto 100%, booted into recovery and wiped battery stats. It's just fine now :)

Guest vikorth

Have you been using this rom as a daily driver? if so, hows battery life?

It really wasn't daily driver till Alpha7. I really can't comment on the battery life as I am playing with it now and then and I keep charging it. But I did not feel like I am draining the battery like crazy though.

Guest ManCityFC

Great ROM. Hopefully the camera will be fixed soon as those of us with kids need it prefect, this close to Christmas. ;-)

Bluetooth is also a must as we cannot use it on the road etc.

But this aside, great work Trip. Looking forward to future releases so I can use it as my daily driver. Certainly think you are going to beat everybody to get a working Sensation ICS ROM out and if it is as good as your MIUI ROMs, then I can't see many people moving away from it anytime soon either.

Keep up the great work and I will donate when the bluetooth and camera work for sure.

trip look im new member i was developing with iphone now i start work and learn about droid

you did great job eccept of the cam that was very imported to me all the rom was just find (i thout so)till i start using the phone and every time i tried to make a call my phopne was stuck?

i did full wipe and all around stuff again ,and again just press the call bottun and my phone freeze any idea??????????(every thing great jusat the phone i wanted so much to using itr but couldnt)

Edited by bubu23

Guest down4life

new update:now when i make a phone call i hrear the other side very low and when i try to raise the volume the phone boot damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Information:

Almost no reboots or lockups

Dont use volume button during call

Dont place the call on speaker it will mess up totally

Hardware video decoder can sometimes lag a tiny bit, you dont really notice it during normal use

Dont use it :)

Edited by down4life

new update:now when i make a phone call i hrear the other side very low and when i try to raise the volume the phone boot damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you touch the volume rocker while on a call your phone will reboot, it's a known issues since the beginning.

Just so a full wipe, clear dalvik, reflash ROM, clear dalvik and fix permissions and start over. Report back then.

Update coming with ENDTIME kernel from miui. Kernel has ics fixes included besides that its 1:1. Is alot faster now. Kernel works on 2.3.5 and 4.0.1 unified

update as in alpha 8?

i noticed in A7 it's already flashing an Endtime kernel (2.6.35.14 ICS 001)...probably an older version?

Edited by 0ice

If you touch the volume rocker while on a call your phone will reboot, it's a known issues since the beginning.

Just so a full wipe, clear dalvik, reflash ROM, clear dalvik and fix permissions and start over. Report back then.

its funny you tell me not to touch the volume botun but i can hear almost nothing its very low volume (i allready raise the volume in setting for everything)but in call the volume drop down

to bad i so want to use it -this rom

Guest stanleynhan

update as in alpha 8?

i noticed in A7 it's already flashing an Endtime kernel (2.6.35.14 ICS 001)...probably an older version?

from what trip said, there should be a new kernel in the next update and its suppose to be out of the alpha stage because its good enough to be a daily

Guest TripNRaVeR

No this is a quick and dirty build (copy/past source code from endtime to endtime ics) and then with decent praying and some fine glue it'll compile and delivering a better functional ICS.

That was done to first get ICS running and then a proper kernel. That time for proper kernel is now.

Together with a rebuilded app folder, rebuilded framework folder and some optimisations and little errors that could lead to failure are also fixed brings the Alpha 7,5 live

Updated video performance and including the annoying google calender

Going to upload now

No this is a quick and dirty build (copy/past source code from endtime to endtime ics) and then with decent praying and some fine glue it'll compile and delivering a better functional ICS.

That was done to first get ICS running and then a proper kernel. That time for proper kernel is now.

Together with a rebuilded app folder, rebuilded framework folder and some optimisations and little errors that could lead to failure are also fixed brings the Alpha 7,5 live

Updated video performance and including the annoying google calender

Going to upload now

you're killing me, i just flashed A7 :)

no reboots so far

read a while back about ZSL drivers...any chance to get the camera up and running with this new kernel?

Edited by 0ice

Guest NickClarke40

Trip, thanks for a great rom, have downloaded & installed, apart from a few glitches works brilliantly man, can't wait for the next release.

Keep up the good work cool.gif

Intro:

Updated version of the first alpha release

Working:

- Mobile network (data/sms/calls)

- Sound

- 3D/2D graphics

- Tethering

- Wifi

Not working:

- Camera

- Bluetooth

- Hw acceleration

killed

Changelog Alpha 7:

- Fixed "H" icon

- Fixed Hardware Video Decoder

- Fixed Youtube

- Updated apps

- New filemanager

- Torch added

- Camera removed

- MultiMount added (sdcard mount to pc)

- Updated framework

- Updated fonts

- Updated busybox

- Updated superuser

Information:

Almost no reboots or lockups

Dont use volume button during call

Dont place the call on speaker it will mess up totally

Hardware video decoder can sometimes lag a tiny bit, you dont really notice it during normal use

Screenshots:

device20111203052108.jpg

device20111203052142.jpg

Download:

https://rapidshare.c...-TripNRaVeR.zip

http://www.mediafire...fvzguzaghrq0kk1

Guest Bluewall2

To improve call volume open the dialer and press volume up button to the max, it will improve the volume a bit.

Uploading the update now

Is the home key fixed ? if it is, going to flash it right now !

Guest TripNRaVeR

Is the home key fixed ? if it is, going to flash it right now !

Lol it was never broke.

Alpha 7,5

https://rapidshare.com/files/1257658699/S0075A_TripNiCE-4.0.1-TripNRaVeR.zip

if you have problems then always try a clean install first!!

with a clean install i mean download the zip file, install it, boot into rom, check it

i also recommend to;

- install the provided zip

- dont do extra's

- boot into rom

- verify everything works

- set up youre rom to youre needs

- backup

- use it

Lol it was never broke.

Alpha 7,5

https://rapidshare.com/files/1257658699/S0075A_TripNiCE-4.0.1-TripNRaVeR.zip

if you have problems then always try a clean install first!!

with a clean install i mean download the zip file, install it, boot into rom, check it

i also recommend to;

- install the provided zip

- dont do extra's

- boot into rom

- verify everything works

- set up youre rom to youre needs

- backup

- use it

Are you saying it should be safe to flash 7.5 over 7 without a wipe?

Guest TripNRaVeR

Are you saying it should be safe to flash 7.5 over 7 without a wipe?

No it contains to many changes within the core parts of the rom to let data stay. Its up to you to mess with it. But it is also youre choice to flash experimental alpha roms. Thats the other side of wanting to have the latest stuff. You dont need to upgrade if you dont like, you can also use alpha 2 if you want. This isnt a release platform with small updates.

No it contains to many changes within the core parts of the rom to let data stay. Its up to you to mess with it. But it is also youre choice to flash experimental alpha roms. Thats the other side of wanting to have the latest stuff. You dont need to upgrade if you dont like, you can also use alpha 2 if you want. This isnt a release platform with small updates.

I want the updates just making sure