[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest berlintzen

Update!

V/GalleryActionBar( 1183): showClusterMenu: [email="runner=com.android.gallery3d.app.AlbumSetPage@41359978"]runner=com.android.gallery3d.app.AlbumSetPage@41359978[/email]

I/WindowManager(  234): createSurface Window{41614908 com.android.gallery3d/com.android.gallery3d.app.Gallery paused=false}: DRAW NOW PENDING

I/WindowManager(  234): createSurface Window{41622450 SurfaceView paused=false}: DRAW NOW PENDING

D/libEGL  ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

D/libEGL  ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so

D/libEGL  ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so

D/libEGL  ( 1183): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so

I/GalleryEGLConfigChooser( 1183): Config chosen: R5 G6 B5 A0 D24 S8 ID3 CAVEAT12344 

Edit: The infamous swapbuffer error is decently killed:

E/Adreno200-EGLSUB( 1183): GetSurfaceSize() Unable to dequeue native buffer

E/Adreno200-EGLSUB( 1183): GetBackBuffer() Unable to dequeue native buffer

E/Adreno200-EGLSUB( 1183): GetSurfaceSize() Unable to dequeue native buffer

Thats the TOTAL amount of buffer errors!!! Live wallpapers are working inmediatly

Edit 2:

Its soooo smooth allready

More to come

Is this HW Acceleration???biggrin.gif

One step closer to perfect ICS!!!

Thank you Trip

Guest alankrut

tongue.gifTrip, how are you so awesome??????tongue.gif

Im just gonna stick with Alpha 7 for now, its perfect for me, and partially because im too lazy to set it all up againrolleyes.gif

But from what others on here say, Alpha 7.5 is looking great, keep up the good work.

If the alpha's are this great, cant wait for the beta's

Guest TripNRaVeR

I can turn on hw acceleration, it'll renders everything except the launcher and then the systemui FC's :lol: But with my hack we allready gain some speed even without full hw acceleration

I can't update Google Maps with this release :(

It says that the package file was not signed correctly.

You have to uninstall it manually with Titanium Backup then install in market

Edited by Zehlek

Guest Kevin0011111

I can turn on hw acceleration, it'll renders everything except the launcher and then the systemui FC's :lol: But with my hack we allready gain some speed even without full hw acceleration

double post, woops

Edited by Kevin0011111

Guest Kevin0011111

noob question: other then overall smoothness, what advantages does hardware acceleration bring?

Guest TripNRaVeR

Update!

You are gotta be kiddin' me B)

Booting without a single EGL error, the logcats dont produce output during;

- Gallery

- Live wallpapers

- Moving objects etc.

No luckups (tested 5mins.)

No reboots (same as above)

Its very smooth, altough i doubt if hw accel is fully turned on. I looked online but the "gradient" some people where crying about was nowhere good visible..

Anyone have a DECENT picture/screenshot of the so called "gradient"

Guest TripNRaVeR

That only shows something is lighter of colour, i need the same quality to see the difference and/or to see what does work and what isnt..

If i hold my phone in the light it looks like the gradient is there and if i then put a screenshot aside it looks exactly like that, so for developing that image isnt a good starting or measuring point lolz

Guest xs2usun

That only shows something is lighter of colour, i need the same quality to see the difference and/or to see what does work and what isnt..

If i hold my phone in the light it looks like the gradient is there and if i then put a screenshot aside it looks exactly like that, so for developing that image isnt a good starting or measuring point lolz

7c5a3_11-about.jpg

Hey guys, i dont see the software keys on the screen? How can I enable it? You know, the 3 buttons...

ok saw post above! thanks!

Edited by melll

That only shows something is lighter of colour, i need the same quality to see the difference and/or to see what does work and what isnt..If i hold my phone in the light it looks like the gradient is there and if i then put a screenshot aside it looks exactly like that, so for developing that image isnt a good starting or measuring point lolz

Trip - I guess the other area to check is at the boundary of the home screen... if you scroll all the way to the either side (and try to scroll beyond the 3rd screen).. the light blue 'plane'.. shows up with a jagged (un-antialiased?) line with no HWA but is completely smooth on all four sides on an HWA ROM (Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S).

Guest TripNRaVeR

7c5a3_11-about.jpg

Thanks but i really dont see gradient.. try it yourself, set the auto brightness off, brightness on 80%, take picture and post it :blink:

Then tell me if there is difference i dont think so really

Update!

- Gallery

- Live wallpapers

- Moving objects etc.

Its very smooth, altough i doubt if hw accel is fully turned on. I looked online but the "gradient" some people where crying about was nowhere good visible..

You are doing an awesome job. Thanks for your hard work

Guest ronaldramsayii

Update!

- Gallery

- Live wallpapers

- Moving objects etc.

Wow Trip excellent work!

Does that mean we may possibly see an update tonight? I'm pretty sure it's late where you are....

Guest ronaldramsayii

Do those buttons do anything different than our 4 buttons

Nope not to my knowledge, which is why I prefer to keep it off....so it doesn't take up any real estate on my screen....

Guest TripNRaVeR

Trip - I guess the other area to check is at the boundary of the home screen... if you scroll all the way to the either side (and try to scroll beyond the 3rd screen).. the light blue 'plane'.. shows up with a jagged (un-antialiased?) line with no HWA but is completely smooth on all four sides on an HWA ROM (Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S).

This?

device20111212042211.jpg