[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Kevin0011111

HW ACCELERATION DONE

badword BEAST

EDIT:really? I dont think that young of kids are on these sites, even if, we cant handle it?

Edited by Kevin0011111

Looks like we'll be getting a BETA build guys!!

Very exciting!

you remind me of King Julien in the plane crash scene..."raise your arms like this...it's more fun"

LOL

Edited by 0ice

Guest Vexation

Trip,

I must say, I'm amazingly surprised by all of the hard work and frequent updates you've been blessing this community with. Not only that, but judging from the first screenshots, I can also deduct that you're a fellow Dutchie like me. That simply deserves even more props.

Sometimes I "jokingly" refresh the page wondering if there's an update already, and usually I presume there is no possibility that you could have already posted another update. Much to my surprisal, you actually pulled it off three times in a row now, I applaud you for that.

Please keep up the good work, you're definitely showing us how dedication can overcome any obstacle. You've already done what many deemed impossible!

I actually created an account on MoDaCo just to tell you this, haha. You deserve every bit of praise you get!

Regards,

Vex

Guest bmoreyce

after having looked at some threads about ICS ports for other devices, i think the camera issue is kernel related, and not terribly difficult to fix, so hopefuly a fix soon? once that is working i will be able to use this as my daily driver, which should be AMAZING, seeing as it worked great even on alpha 6 which i tried yesterday, and loved it. keep up the great work trip.

Guest rogoshin

I am on Trips Muiu normally, but wanted to try this. I have to say that this is surprisingly stable, seeing as this is a Alpha release. I have used it all day and only one soft reboot, when i tried to open Titanium backup for the first time. Since then I have had no problems.

I am really looking forward to a camera fix, then this is my new ROM. Maybe this is stupid, but i like the camera in Muiu. But it would properly be bothersome to port it.

Just curiosity, TripNRaVeR is richardtrip on XDA?

tripnraver is no one on xda.

btw trip, will the next one still be an alpha? i remember you saying that 7 will be last but Bluetooth was never fixed so i was just wondering :)

Is there any solution to the low in-call volume yet? The rom is rock-solid, but the low in-call volume makes it almost unusable for me :(

Trip, can you integrate the xLOUD into this rom too? (same as MIUI) ...this low in-call volume is killing me ...

Many thanks for the great job Trip :)

Guest atticus182

Is there any solution to the low in-call volume yet? The rom is rock-solid, but the low in-call volume makes it almost unusable for me :(

Trip, can you integrate the xLOUD into this rom too? (same as MIUI) ...this low in-call volume is killing me ...

Many thanks for the great job Trip :)

I totally second this. The only thing that keeps me from using this as a daily driver (although I AM using it as a daily driver) is the low in-call volume.

Hope you manage to fix this in the next update Trip!

Guest MartijnGP

Also crossing my fingers for a camera fix, then I'll use it as a daily :-)

Awesome work, I'm impressed.

Same here :) But the camera has always been a bitch in Android development. Causes crap on every single device, with every single Android version.

I use my camera a lot, also for work, so I can't yet use this as a daily driver. However, I quickly checked out Alpha 7.5 and it's looking really good! Looking forward to the HWA fix, and the camera ofcourse.

Guest ajonesma

I really like the rom, but hopefully these lockups and reboots stop for me, I might try and do a fresh install of alpha 7.5 cant wait for the camera to be working.

Can some one please tell me how to connect to wifi networks? Every time I try to search for wifi networks nothing found!!!

Help me please :(

I have same problem, I'm on 10.56.9035, which radio are you running?

Guest MartijnGP

things noticed: the DPI seems strange, widgets seem cramped in the middle of the screen somehow, there's lots of space above the topmost allowed position for a widget.

Isn't this because there should be a search bar on the top of the screen? On the Galaxy Nexus it's there. In this ROM it's not, this makes the widget grid look strange.

I'd rather have no search thing at all, as I have a search button on my phone for that.

Edit: Nevermind! It's there in 7.5. It was't in alpha 6.

Edited by MartijnGP

I have same problem, I'm on 10.56.9035, which radio are you running?

I don't have problem with WIFI. I'm able to connect in job and home too.

Edited by gepir