[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest ronaldramsayii

What will be updated. Trip's twitter does not have any such post.

Yes it does. He said it mentioning someone else. Its coming folks! Hopefully I'm done with work by that time.

Yes it does. He said it mentioning someone else. Its coming folks! Hopefully I'm done with work by that time.

actually it was me :D I asked him if something new is coming

he hopes for more 2-3 alpha and then beta

Edited by plocri

Guest staymunch

Google xD

Why do people want Onscreen buttons? o.O

teh only reason i can think of is the task manager thing i guess people don't realize they can just hold down teh home button unsure.gif

Guest Arz Bhatia

teh only reason i can think of is the task manager thing i guess people don't realize they can just hold down teh home button unsure.gif

Gosh hahaha! How can they not know?! It's been the same in every ROM!

Guest ronaldramsayii

actually it was me I asked him if something new is coming

he hopes for more 2-3 alpha and then beta

Cool sounds good to me. Pretty stoked about the next update. If HW Acceler. Is going in the next Alpha, he's probably gonna try and knock out Bluetooth and Camera in the next two Alphas which probably would lead to BETA. Just speculations though.

Guest nonione

i wanted the on screen buttons to get the feel of how the GN is

also i know that if you hold the home button u get multitasking, but it isnt as fast as just taping a button which makes it cooler

besides the button bar doesnt take that much of the screenpost-825903-0-40214600-1324054926_thumb.

see?

Guest stonew508

i wanted the on screen buttons to get the feel of how the GN is

also i know that if you hold the home button u get multitasking, but it isnt as fast as just taping a button which makes it cooler

besides the button bar doesnt take that much of the screenpost-825903-0-40214600-1324054926_thumb.

see?

it would seem pretty redundant. They are cool, I admit, but its too late for us. we're stuck with the capacitive buttons.

btw WOW the browser seems so fast... best mobile browser on planet.

Edited by stonew508

Guest FenrirX

it would seem pretty redundant. They are cool, I admit, but its too late for us. we're stuck with the capacitive buttons.

I'd have to agree. We ARE stuck with the capacitive buttons. However, I need to agree about a multi tasking button.

I've always disliked long pressing the Home button. Switching between apps should be a fluid thing. Long pressing Home really is too slow.

Is there a way to re-map the capacitive buttons then? Why couldnt we change the Menu button to show running apps, and Long pressing the Menu key to show its pop up Menu function. Eliminating the long pressing of menu to bring up the keyboard wouldn't be that bad. How often is a user going to switch between apps during use, rather than tapping Menu? Google clearly thinks the need for a Menu button is shrinking.

Edited by FenrirX

Guest Arz Bhatia

I'd have to agree. We ARE stuck with the capacitive buttons. However, I need to agree about a multi tasking button.

I've always disliked long pressing the Home button. Switching between apps should be a fluid thing. Long pressing Home really is too slow.

Is there a way to re-map the capacitive buttons then? Why couldnt we change the Menu button to show running apps, and Long pressing the Menu key to show its pop up Menu function. Eliminating the long pressing of menu to bring up the keyboard wouldn't be that bad. How often is a user going to switch between apps during use, rather than tapping Menu? Google clearly thinks the need for a Menu button is shirking.

Hmm, not a bad idea. But I guess most of the users are too used to the single soft click for the menu to pop up. Like me. We use the menu key more than the multi-tasking key.

Guest nonione

i guess some of us could live without a search key for that matter, since most apps have a search function, ill take a look in the pyramid.kl and see if i can map it

Guest FenrirX

Hmm, not a bad idea. But I guess most of the users are too used to the single soft click for the menu to pop up. Like me. We use the menu key more than the multi-tasking key.

Fair enough. I think the option should be there though. Even the Search button seems pointless now. That could even be re-mapped. The new design of native google apps almost makes the Menu and Search buttons redundant. Change isn't always a bad thing.

Guest Arz Bhatia

Ohhh no no no no no. I can't click a 'Magnifying Glass' icon to Switch between apps :\

Just make a patch or something max. The current key mapping in the ROM is fine.

Guest staymunch

i guess some of us could live without a search key for that matter, since most apps have a search function, ill take a look in the pyramid.kl and see if i can map it

i agree with remapping the search key i dont think i ever use it its just kinda there taking up space... the menu key however i like i use it a lot lol

Guest FenrirX

Ohhh no no no no no. I can't click a 'Magnifying Glass' icon to Switch between apps :\

Just make a patch or something max. The current key mapping in the ROM is fine.

lol. I suppose a patch would be more realistic.

Anyway, back on topic. Trip is truly a force to be reckoned with. 7.6 really is great. Stoked for the next alpha.

Guest Kevin0011111

Is there a way to re-map the capacitive buttons then? Why couldnt we change the Menu button to show running apps, and Long pressing the Menu key to show its pop up Menu function. Eliminating the long pressing of menu to bring up the keyboard wouldn't be that bad. How often is a user going to switch between apps during use, rather than tapping Menu? Google clearly thinks the need for a Menu button is shrinking.

I know in gingerbread there is, because i like to use my search button to lock the device, and what i do is get a file exploring application (w/ root) and go to /system/usr/keylayout/ and then modify the "qwerty.kl" file to your liking, and then the "pyramid-keypad.kl" file as well. then save and reboot and you should have whatever you set them to. I cant confirm its the same or even works for ICS but i cant see why not. Id try and see real quick but im at school and not currently running ICS. hope this helps!

Guest FenrirX

I know in gingerbread there is, because i like to use my search button to lock the device, and what i do is get a file exploring application (w/ root) and go to /system/usr/keylayout/ and then modify the "qwerty.kl" file to your liking, and then the "pyramid-keypad.kl" file as well. then save and reboot and you should have whatever you set them to. I cant confirm its the same or even works for ICS but i cant see why not. Id try and see real quick but im at school and not currently running ICS. hope this helps!

Seems simple enough. I just need to figure out what key is for showing the running apps

i agree with remapping the search key i dont think i ever use it its just kinda there taking up space... the menu key however i like i use it a lot lol

Strange..I often use the search button for searching or i install vlingo for the search button instead

Guest ronaldramsayii
In case people hadn't noticed

Yeah I just told him if he didn't its cool cuz the next update will fix a lot of the reboot issues which most of us would rather alleviate. But it would be a surprise and a treat if it was included. Saves him an extra Alpha. Gets him closer to beta.