[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Pmcglynn

I love this rom and love using it. I wish I could use for everyday use but I need my camera .So I switiched to Trip's MIUI Rom witch is outstanding. I can totally live with this while following this thread and even trying out all the new updates on weekends until I'm able to use this as my everyday Rom (Sorry I hate the term daily driver). But I love both of Trips roms and I'm gong to give him an x-mas gift. How do I donate to trip? Does anyone know? Anyhow this is all just incredible not to mention a lot of fun being able to flash as Trip makes progress, that is so very cool. Thank you Trip and Merry x-mas Brother. Take it easy man,

Patrick....................................:rolleyes:

Edited by Pmcglynn

Guest Vexation

I love this rom and love using it. I wish I could use for everyday use but I need my camera .So I switiched to Trip's MIUI Rom witch is outstanding. I can totally live with this while following this thread and even trying out all the new updates on weekends until I'm able to use this as my everyday Rom (Sorry I hate the term daily driver). But I love both of Trips roms and I'm gong to give him an x-mas gift. How do I donate to trip? Does anyone know? Anyhow this is all just incredible not to mention a lot of fun being able to flash as Trip makes progress, that is so very cool. Thank you Trip and Merry x-mas Brother. Take it easy man,

Patrick....................................:rolleyes:

I believe Trips signature has a donation link.

Hmm, anyone else having difficulties with mounting the sd card this release? Or am I borking it up with the widget?

Guest ronaldramsayii

I believe Trips signature has a donation link.

Hmm, anyone else having difficulties with mounting the sd card this release? Or am I borking it up with the widget?

I use dual mount SD instead. Much more reliable for me.

Guest scream_clarity

I've tried to install this several times but keep getting the low storage warning. My phone has an empty 32 GB SD card in it and 1.15 GB of internal storage. I have cleared both caches several times and have fixed the permissions over and over and the message just keeps popping up. As soon as I press the button, it pops up again. All I can do is bring down the notifications bar and go into settings. And although the new settings are sexy, I want to see the rest. Are there any solutions?

Guest ronaldramsayii
Does anyone have browser sync or the ics speech to text function?

Yeah look at the very first post you'll see a add on. Flash that you'll have the voice to text function.

Guest Vexation

I use dual mount SD instead. Much more reliable for me.

You're absolutely right. Way less clutter as an app and it works. Too bad you have to pay for it, even if it's a small amount, else Trip could perhaps integrate this into the ROM. Regardless though, definitely worth the money for these releases!

Guest Tymoo22

Whats up with the scrolling in ICS? Is it just our device or a work in progress still? I have to swipe my fingers super fast accross the entire screen to get the same scrolling speed I would from a non ICS rom, it makes browsing a bit of a pain. Im just curious if this is something that needs to looked into or not. But stability is the task at hand right now though, which is understandable.

Guest Vexation

I've tried to install this several times but keep getting the low storage warning. My phone has an empty 32 GB SD card in it and 1.15 GB of internal storage. I have cleared both caches several times and have fixed the permissions over and over and the message just keeps popping up. As soon as I press the button, it pops up again. All I can do is bring down the notifications bar and go into settings. And although the new settings are sexy, I want to see the rest. Are there any solutions?

Some people have reported that that message stops appearing after switching from a Live wallpaper to a static one. You might want to try that?

Guest Vexation

Whats up with the scrolling in ICS? Is it just our device or a work in progress still? I have to swipe my fingers super fast accross the entire screen to get the same scrolling speed I would from a non ICS rom, it makes browsing a bit of a pain. Im just curious if this is something that needs to looked into or not. But stability is the task at hand right now though, which is understandable.

I actually havn't heard of that issue, not am I experiencing it myself right now. The scrolling appears to be butter smooth and equally fast compared to other roms I've used. You might want to try and reflash. It usually solves most isolated issues.

Guest Jason Syn

I'm getting the same issue, I have to swipe 2 and 3 times to get to the top of the browser window from the botton for example. I switched to 2D to see if that fixes it.

Guest Tymoo22

I actually havn't heard of that issue, not am I experiencing it myself right now. The scrolling appears to be butter smooth and equally fast compared to other roms I've used. You might want to try and reflash. It usually solves most isolated issues.

Ive had it in every version so far, perhaps im use to just being able to flick my thumb a little to send the screen flying. In this rom it takes a longer swipe, its not nearly as sensitive on my device as compared to a sense rom. Not a deal breaker in any sense, its just different!

Guest radeantheone1

Hey I just found out that if you put your finger closer to where you want to scroll, it seems to get more kinetic. So now with this information scrolling is no problem for me =)

Guest Jason Syn

The main feature I wanted to try was the new voice dictation and it works flawlessly!!! Thank you so much Trip and I look forward to this build as everything progresses.

Guest Arz Bhatia

Okay now I really wanna try out the on screen buttons but I cant seem to compile the framework-res.apk back on, can someone with onscreen buttons upload their framework-res.apk please?

Guest BummAround

Anybody?

I can't make either MX Player or Mobo Player to work. Both install OK, but prompted for codec, installed the codec, neither can run.

Rather than say "Well, mine runs OK", care to explain steps? Full wipe prior to flash, flash, then fix permission, didn't help. :rolleyes:

Maybe MX Player and Mobo Player aint ICS-compatible yet.

Guest BummAround

To be honest, I think you answered your own question in your previous post.

Rephrased, then: anybody knows an ICS-compatible, working, video/media player? ;)

Guest scream_clarity

Some people have reported that that message stops appearing after switching from a Live wallpaper to a static one. You might want to try that?

Can this be done from the settings screen? I literally can't go anywhere besides the settings screen.

Guest Vexation

Can this be done from the settings screen? I literally can't go anywhere besides the settings screen.

Long press an empty spot on one of your homescreens, and then tap Wallpaper instead of Live Wallpaper. Pick one of those. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know either :/

Guest scream_clarity

Long press an empty spot on one of your homescreens, and then tap Wallpaper instead of Live Wallpaper. Pick one of those. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know either :/

I can't get to the home screen. Literally the only screen I can see is the settings screen. The message does not go away at all. As soon as I press 'Select an option', it pops up again.

Edited by scream_clarity

Guest stonew508

I can't get to the home screen. Literally the only screen I can see is the settings screen. The message does not go away at all.

then your only hope is to go into settings / applications / manage applications and clear data from some s***. like your launcher, the settings etc then try it

Guest Vexation

I can't get to the home screen. Literally the only screen I can see is the settings screen. The message does not go away at all.

Then I advise you simply reflash. Boot into recovery and reflash. That should restore everything to stock. Maybe that'll fix it for you.