[25-12] TripNiCE S008B - IceCream Sandwich 4.0.1 | BETA 008

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Lucas Childers

In settings - security settings there is an Administrator Option. Take a look if you have to uncheck it there.

Sent from my ICS Sensation XE powered by TripNRaVeR

There is nothing in the device admin section.

Edited by Lucas Childers

Guest stonew508

There is nothing in the device admin section.

anybody able to get gmaps to work? Didn't someone say something about installing from market works but preinstalled doesn't?

edit: YUP, that fixed it.

Edited by stonew508

Guest Vexation

anybody able to get gmaps to work? Didn't someone say something about installing from market works but preinstalled doesn't?

edit: YUP, that fixed it.

How'd you get it to update? Mine won't update nor will it work from an apk I downloaded.

Guest stonew508

How'd you get it to update? Mine won't update nor will it work from an apk I downloaded.

you have to remove it first, then download it. I actually used a titanium backup, but you could use a root explorer to delete the maps.apk

btw audio is really borked on this rom, but I guess thats old news. I left myself a voicemail and it was distorted, as are all sounds from the speaker. but hey, its worth it. :-)

Edited by stonew508

Guest BummAround

you have to remove it first, then download it. I actually used a titanium backup, but you could use a root explorer to delete the maps.apk

btw audio is really borked on this rom, but I guess thats old news. I left myself a voicemail and it was distorted, as are all sounds from the speaker. but hey, its worth it. :-)

Distorted or noisy? I'd say it's more noisy as in picking up too much background noises. :mellow:

Guest stonew508

Distorted or noisy? I'd say it's more noisy as in picking up too much background noises. :mellow:

well I don't know about you buy mine is distorted. all the notifications are highly distorted. but the earpiece gives perfect audio. jus the speaker thats whacked out.

Guest Vexation

I did the uninstall thing via Titanium, and it gave me a -8 error while trying to install the one from the market. Did you wipe the data and then remove it?

And as far as the microphone goes, it's currently very sensitive. While talking to a friend, all she could hear was the background noise. Luckily, I never call people unless absolutely neccesary.

Guest petar.bgd

Thanks, no you don't annoy me at all.

So which version of MX Player exactly?

It installs OK, but then prompted "low memory storage" or something.

Clearing cache & dalvik, and/or fix permissions doesn't fix it.

It's 1.5. i'm always using 4ext option to format all partitions except sd card before flashing, and never ever had any problems (yes i know that trips installation wipes 2 times....).

Guest stonew508

I did the uninstall thing via Titanium, and it gave me a -8 error while trying to install the one from the market. Did you wipe the data and then remove it?

And as far as the microphone goes, it's currently very sensitive. While talking to a friend, all she could hear was the background noise. Luckily, I never call people unless absolutely neccesary.

do you have a previous backup of maps? I just restored mine over the current one. try that.

Guest BummAround

well I don't know about you buy mine is distorted. all the notifications are highly distorted. but the earpiece gives perfect audio. jus the speaker thats whacked out.

well I don't know, mine is just 'noisy', but hardware indeed differs.

Guest BummAround

It's 1.5. i'm always using 4ext option to format all partitions except sd card before flashing, and never ever had any problems (yes i know that trips installation wipes 2 times....).

The same 1.5, hmmm, weird. I also formatted the sd-ext, full wipe basically. Different source of the apk, it must be. :unsure:

Guest Vexation

do you have a previous backup of maps? I just restored mine over the current one. try that.

Hmm no I don't unfortunately. I only started to use Titanium just now to remove Maps, heh. However, should I try and flash a Sense/CM Rom to download the 6.03 version of maps, make a backup of that, and try to restore it over the one in 7.7?

Guest stonew508

Hmm no I don't unfortunately. I only started to use Titanium just now to remove Maps, heh. However, should I try and flash a Sense/CM Rom to download the 6.03 version of maps, make a backup of that, and try to restore it over the one in 7.7?

yeah or try downloading from somewhere else and installing like here http://androidadvices.com/download-google-maps-602-bug-fixes-performance-fixes/

Guest nastynick6

Anyone else have flash player working? I updated it to the new version thats now compatible with ICS but it still doesnt work. I dont know, maybe its due to the HW Accel not working fully?

Guest juaninamillion

Hey Trip

After you hand HWA it's ass.... What's next? call stability would be awesome! :-)

B)

hwcn.jpg

Edited by juaninamillion

Guest nastynick6

If you hit menu on the home screen and go to preferences you can do that...

yea but it doesnt give you the space back where the search bar used to be, lol guess I should be a little more specific lol

like this:

post-406177-0-04295600-1324180572_thumb.

Edited by nastynick6

yea but it doesnt give you the space back where the search bar used to be, lol guess I should be a little more specific lol

like this:

post-406177-0-04295600-1324180572_thumb.

nice! i want to do this.. did you run into any issues?

edit: just tried works pretty good! thanks again

Edited by jam34