Account problems on R8 rom

Guest elkay62

Guest elkay62

Hi folks,

My wife's Vega has been working happily on the R8 rom for ages (she did try vegacomb but didn't get on with it).

In the past week, some apps have stopped working, and it appears to be related to her google account.

• Market app opens ok, but reports "No connection" when you select "My apps" from settings.
    • Gmail app doesn't work - also reports "No connection"
    • "Words With Friends" doesn't update with words played by friends. App appears to be working, but when you go into settings, you get a message "can't load user data". The app does seem to be linked with the google account in some way.

Other apps that use the internet are working fine, e.g. gmail can be used in the browser, and Xcity updates online ok.

Any ideas? It seems account related to me; I've tried a few things like force closing the apps, clearing data etc. I can't remove the account from the Vega as it is the only account; could I add another account, then remove and recreate the original account?

Also, any suggestions for other word games that are similar to Words With Friends and can be played over the internet?

regards

elkay

Guest elkay62

Normally happens when the date or time is wrong.

Time and date are ok.....

Weird thing is...it's just started working again! I think it may have been a delayed response to something I did with clearing data/cache etc.

Thanks anyway

Elkay