Help no 2.3.5 FW

Guest polly69

Guest polly69

My phone is not rooted but was unlocked and used a guide off here to unbrand it which i did it has 2.3.4 on but it seems there's been a update to 2,3,5 and i haven't had it, could this be down to flashing a stock UK sim free image. I cant remember if ive had a update with this configuration i may of done but it seems weird i haven't received this update.

Baseband version

I9100XXKI1

Kernel version

2.6.6.35.7-I9100XWKI4-CL575468

root@DELL143#2

Build number GINGERBREAD.XWKI4

Are these this the right information for a sock sim free SGS2

cheers

Guest Epic-Emodude

My phone is not rooted but was unlocked and used a guide off here to unbrand it which i did it has 2.3.4 on but it seems there's been a update to 2,3,5 and i haven't had it, could this be down to flashing a stock UK sim free image. I cant remember if ive had a update with this configuration i may of done but it seems weird i haven't received this update.

Baseband version

I9100XXKI1

Kernel version

2.6.6.35.7-I9100XWKI4-CL575468

root@DELL143#2

Build number GINGERBREAD.XWKI4

Are these this the right information for a sock sim free SGS2

cheers

Hi,

When you debranded it, you had to flash the stock Samsung UK Rom via Odin, so you wont get any updates from your carrier, over the air or via kies. Instead you will have to find a stock 2.3.5 update and flash it via odin in the same way you did with 2.3.4. The changes from one version to the next are very small, so its worth checking the forums to see if there are any noticable changes before updating, otherwise its not really worth it.

Hope this helps

Aaron

Guest polly69

Hi,

When you debranded it, you had to flash the stock Samsung UK Rom via Odin, so you wont get any updates from your carrier, over the air or via kies. Instead you will have to find a stock 2.3.5 update and flash it via odin in the same way you did with 2.3.4. The changes from one version to the next are very small, so its worth checking the forums to see if there are any noticable changes before updating, otherwise its not really worth it.

Hope this helps

Aaron

I thought because it was a generic rom that it would get sim free updates, do you have a good easy link to doing the 2.3.5 update and the full 2.3.5 update, if i put the o2 rom back on will it get the OTA updates then?