EXCLUSIVE: Viewsonic Viewpad 10e ROM update

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm excited to present an exclusive leak of the forthcoming Viewsonic Viewpad 10e ROM update.

Changes in the new firmware (dated 02/12/11) include:

• Reduce auto self start when the unit is in power off mode.

• Improve TP auto calibration / data table.

• Improve soft function key stuck issue.

• Double verify all preinstalled apps are free of system lock or force close issues.

• ViewScene Performance improved

The key change in the release is improved performance, which I know 10e owners will be very appreciative of! :)

The update can be found here - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) and a PDF detailing the upgrade process is also available.

P

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

has anyone been able to apply to the update ?

when I get to the recovery menu my back and menu buttons dont operate and so cant get to the sd update choice ;-(

is there another way to apply the update via PC perhaps ?

thanks in advance

according to viewsonic london the it seems like the MPTool is an engineering only software tool and they wont release it ;-(

The kind man on the phone offered to do a warranty based pick up, repair and return ! hmmm....

• 1 month later...

So was this package supposed to actually do something? I downloaded it, applied it (twice, making sure that I did the erase step), rebooted and

Nothing, no difference, no changes. I started with Viewsonics Android 2.3 and ended up with the same. Good if I want to do a factory reset but not much cop for an upgrade. Or perhaps that was just a bug fix?Performance doesn't seem to have changed much either.

And Zasha? The MPTool is in the downloaded package. It's what you use to apply the fix.