honeycombe 3.2 wont access android market

Guest tourangang

Guest tourangang

Hi

I have just bought a used Advent the eager for my son Christmas - he wanted and iPad but he is only six!! But to be honest I'm pretty impressed with it so far, I'm trying to set it up for him so it has some games ready for Christmas.

The previous owner had installed honeycombe 3.2 but when I try and get apps from the android market it says this device is not listed, I have created a Google account etc but when you try and add the advent it is not there!

I've read that you can download a hack, but the fact that it's already been modified I'm a bit load it to start mucking around with the operating system!

Could someone give me some advice please

Many thanks

John

Edited by tourangang

Guest IanTurner

1. The time and date are set correctly ? (seems to throw wobblies if not though I haven't experienced this personally but then I set the date anyway)

2. So you open up the market app the first time and it asks for an account ? Try going into settings, applications, manage applications, list all and for the market clear the cache and memory then run it again and reenter the device.

3. What version of vegacomb is it ? Under settings, about tablet or somesuch near the bottom.

Until recently google managed to disassociate accounts from devices but suddenly mine popped up with both the modaco and vegacomb os listed on my google account

Edited by IanTurner

Guest tourangang

hi ian its running 2.6.36 vegacomb-release-byteamnewco+rebel1@linux-36c8#7

i can download apps via the inbuilt marketplace app, but im trying to get zombie farm which is not listed, but it is in the android marketplace website - it wont let me download from there

john

1. The time and date are set correctly ? (seems to throw wobblies if not though I haven't experienced this personally but then I set the date anyway)

2. So you open up the market app the first time and it asks for an account ? Try going into settings, applications, manage applications, list all and for the market clear the cache and memory then run it again and reenter the device.

3. What version of vegacomb is it ? Under settings, about tablet or somesuch near the bottom.

Until recently google managed to disassociate accounts from devices but suddenly mine popped up with both the modaco and vegacomb os listed on my google account

Guest IanTurner

Hmmm seems it believes your device is incompatible as it does with mine so you won't be able to play it unless someone has any suggestions.

Build number at the bottom of the about tablet section (scroll down) is the version of most use.

Edited by IanTurner