GREAT NEWS - 10 cent apps

Guest Markiv

Hi All,

Go grab em all.....

Google is celebrating 10 billion app downloads in android market by giving away awesome apps for just 10 cents each

7-Dec Apps :

1.Asphalt 6 HD

2.Color & Draw for Kids

3.Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro

4.Fieldrunners HD

5.Great Little War Game

6.Minecraft

7.Paper Camera

8.Sketchbook Mobile

9.Soundhound Infinity

10.Swiftkey X

8-Dec Apps :

https://market.android.com/details?id=apps_timed_promotion&feature=banner#?purchaseButton=06kdrI32bplGT-YxSJ1FaEvm-4c%3D

1.Fruit Ninja'

2.BB - Bedtime Battle

3.AirSync by doubleTwist

4.Flick Golf!

5.Star Chart

6.Reckless Racing

7.Reckless Racing PLAY

8.Christmas HD

9.NFL Rivals

10.Beautiful Widgets

11.Read It Later Pro

Edited by Markiv

Guest The Soup Thief

It could be argued that this is an attempt by Android Market to use a sprat to catch a mackerel - they sell apps for a nominal fee in order that people who haven't attached payment details to their accounts will do so. Amazon Appstore don't have this problem, since Amazon already has all our credit card details from when we bought books, Christmas presents etc

If Android market have your credit card details it removes a barrier to you buying an app from them when you see one you like

Sensible marketing gambit I reckon

Also I gather they're gonna be changing the Apps daily for the next 10 days, meaning there's a lot of deals to be had if you keep your eyes peeled

How to enable purchasing apps for higher specc'd phones? Here's a few off the top of my head suggestions:

1) Borrow someone else's highspecc'd device - enable an account in your name on it and buy fancypants apps. Delete your account from that device. When you buy and log on to your fancy new device the apps

2) Use Android-x86 or similar to get ICS up and running on your PC - login with your market ID and see if that will let you buy the apps you want. It might not. Just an idea. I can't run it from this device but if anyone has any joy please let me know

Or just pay full price for the stuff when you get yer fancy tablet - it ain't gonna cost much to buy em

I wonder, by the way, what is the sweet-spot for android apps - the acceptable price at which cheapskate android users will splash the cash as freely as iPhone users reputedly do...

Guest reluctant_traveller

A posted on the cyangen thread - edits I made to my build.prop in order to purchase asphalt and minecraft ready for my phone upgrade :)